IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

Gameweek 15 Update - High Score Galore

Okay, okay, it was heartbreaking, irritating, and devastatingly disappointing. No-one enjoys conceding a last minute equaliser. But bleedin’ ol’ riley’s badgers was it a hell of a match for fantasy points.

Single figures? Take a hike.

Teenage angst? No thanks.

Our lowest scorer (aside from @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap & @Septic Peg presumably suffering Halloween hangovers) was a fully-fledged adult: @NNSnse with an impressive 18 points, only missing out by captaining 1 point Brownhill while having Williams & Weimann either side with 8 points apiece. @Dogbert did captain Weimann, but with Pereira in defence only improved by 1 point, finishing on 19.

In fact, there were only two other players who didn’t captain Weimann (we all picked him): @bissellredhead & @Chivs. Fear not, however - having both captained Moore, his early removal paid off this time, earning him the only clean sheet and giving them both 22 points. There they were joined by our first Triple Captain of the week: @hodge showing that it can earn you more than 12 points.

I was a point ahead on 23, @citywest30 saw my team and raised me Williams in defence for 25 points, @Chessels Chick saw that team and raised them Rowe in midfield for 26 points, before @Oubliette23 missed out on Williams in defence but was the only one to choose super “3 bonus point” sub Eliasson to earn 28 points.

But hold on, we’re missing a player...

A Triple Captain player...

Our first THIRTY POINT player...

@jrt55555, take a frickin’ bow.

With exactly the same team as our lowest scorer, the Triple Captain chip ensured @jrt55555 avoided the same mistake and finished with a whopping 34 points.

Sheeeeesh.

The curse of the Triple Captain has well and truly been lifted.

So, the table:

08DEC052-A45E-4142-A256-5F0B17CE4371.thumb.jpeg.860332cfbfae71eebf3e729b7b7a5821.jpeg

That’s launched @jrt55555 right into contention, while @citywest30 maintains a healthy lead at the top.

Bring it on, Cardiff.

Gameweek 15 Points Breakdown

1. Eliasson 11
  2. Weimann 8
  3. Williams 8
  4. Moore 6
  5. Massengo 2
  6. O’Dowda 2
  7. Rowe 2
  8. Watkins 2
  9. Brownhill 1
  10. Kalas 1
  11. Pereira 1
  12. Semenyo 1
  13. Baker 0

Nearly forgot about this myself - old age getting to me I s’pose. Cardiff update won’t be up ‘til at least tomorrow I’m afraid, so might end up doing a bumper one. Apologies!

Meanwhile..

PEU v Nottingham Forest

@bissellredhead, @Dogbert@hodge, @NNSnse@Oubliette23 AND @RedYoshi - cannot select Weimann

@Chessels Chick - cannot select Rowe or Weimann

Sad to see you go @Septic Peg, but thanks for playing! Thinking about doing a “Christmas Cup” or something, so that might appeal to those who have missed a few matches so far. Will reveal more details soon!

These ruddy midweek games, sneak up on you so fast! Will do a quick and basic update for last few games tonight or tomorrow, apologies.

Think everyone’s okay so far for player eligibility, good work! But here it is just in case:

PEU v West Brom

@bissellredhead - cannot select Williams or Brownhill

@Oubliette23 - cannot select Williams

@citywest30 & @RedYoshi - cannot select Pereira

@NNSnse, @Chessels Chick, @hodge, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap, @Oubliette23 this is your heads up!

Might give a slight extension to the deadline considering my delays, so post your team even if a bit late.

Phew.

Archived