IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

Right you miserable lot, I'm not self-isolating and that's just the way it is.  So, my team for Blackburn

Pereira VC (Kalas)

Nagy (Massengo)

Wells C (Wiemann)

Granted, it puts @RedYoshi in a difficult position but I suggest we just use @Olé's match-day report for scoring purposes.

In the immortal words of Delia "Let's be having you".

20 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Are we on for a resumption tomorrow @RedYoshi

We sure are! Just dusting off the ol’ spreadsheet as it happens, as well as reminding myself how to use this darn tootin’ thing, as evidenced by whatever on earth was going on with that dogmess of a reply up there.

Thanks for saving me the hassle of digging up this thread too!

Fulham update (remember that game?? I don’t...) is imminent, and then we’ll be ready to rock and roll like nothing ever happened.

Gameweek 37 (and 38, 39, a month or two, and chuck in half your life for good measure) Update: WE’RE BACK, BABY

Once upon a time, we played Fulham. No-one can really remember that time, but I’ve been assured that it definitely occurred, and my trusty (though neglected) spreadsheet has this information for us:

@Chessels Chick5pts (Kalas - Eliasson - Diédhiou)

@Oubliette235pts (Dasilva - Eliasson - Diédhiou)

@Chivs7pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@bissellredhead8pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@citywest30: 9pts (Pereira - Eliasson - Diédhiou)

@jrt55555: 9pts (Kalas - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@RedYoshi: 14pts (Pereira - Paterson - Weimann)

Shockingly, no-one quite managed to earn the 125 bonus birthday bumper boints available. Who’da thunk it.

Of course, as all the football teams are of that sort of age, they understandably needed to shield and protect themselves. Hopefully, the vast majority return in good health - we’re one of the lucky ones, for sure.

I digress. The table:

3D49944B-AE31-4B01-B236-D20504FA55CD.thumb.jpeg.fc2471ed043dd142e1f6aab40b912bb9.jpeg

Almost looks as good as that training jacket.

Form book’s out the window, it’s literally all to play for, and other such clichés. Let’s do this thang!

(and yes, by default, I ridiculously end up with the honour of being March’s Manager of the Month. I take no pride in this, and may well declare it null and void, instead amalgamating the Fulham game into June’s calcula... ah sod it, I WON SUMFINK :winner_third_h4h:)

GW37 Points Breakdown

1. Wells 9
  2. Pereira 6
  3. Massengo 3
  4. Paterson 3
  5. Dasilva 2
  6. Kalas 2
  7. O’Dowda 2
  8. Smith 2
  9. Weimann 2
  10. Baker 1
  11. Benković 1
  12. Diédhiou 1
  13. Eliasson 1

PEU v Blackburn

Sod it, I’m feeling generous. Counting this as a new start, ‘cos it’s weird innit.

Pick whoever you want, and restrictions will come back in after the Sheffield Wednesday game.

Also forgot to give a special mention to @jrt55555 & @citywest30 who - while getting nowhere near with most of their predictions, like the rest of us - only missed out on the attendance by a mere 20 & 34 respectively. Excellent effort.

No league points, of course, but you can share this one: 119958.png

24 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

Can't remember the rules but here goes ....

Kalas C (Hunt)

Paterson (Smith)

Diedhiou VC (Afobe)

There are rules? ?

Kalas (Baker)

Eliasson VC (Paterson)

Diedhiou C (Wells)

2 minutes ago, jrt55555 said:

I was hoping @RedYoshi might follow the EFL’s lead and change the rules to let us have extra subs slots ? 

Wells (Diedhiou, Afobe, Weimann...)

No doubt @RedYoshi has missed a trick there.  Although I was hoping he might take the government's approach on Track and Trace and randomly double my points every now and then...

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

No doubt @RedYoshi has missed a trick there.  Although I was hoping he might take the government's approach on Track and Trace and randomly double my points every now and then...

I was tempted to allow everyone to play, but not inside this thread, and via a code that isn’t sent to everyone on time.

Dasilva (Kalas)

Paterson (C) (Palmer)

Wells vc (Afobe)

Gameweek 38 Update: Who Wanted This Back?

Well, as damp squibs go, that was absolutely drenched. Despite the optimism that more usually accompanies the beginning of a season*, and the supposed benefit of rested and fully fit players, we were treated to that.

Still, there’s probably enough moaning elsewhere for us all to have our fill, and this is where fantasies reside. So let me start by saying:

I enjoyed it.

Sure, it was disappointing, but if that were all that mattered I wouldn’t have been supporting Bristol City for all these years. There were inaccurate predictions being traded via video chats on all manner of devices, comparisons of ciders both old and new, and songs being chanted at least 3 times. It was different, but it was back.

And so were all of our points, despite the result. Well, apart from @bissellredhead. Sorry about that...

@bissellredhead3pts (Kalas - Massengo - Wells)

@Chivs10pts (Kalas - Eliasson - Diédhiou)

@Oubliette2310pts (Dasilva - Eliasson - Diédhiou)

@citywest3012pts (Pereira - Eliasson - Diédhiou)

@Chessels Chick13pts (Kalas - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@Dogbert19pts (Hunt - Paterson - Afobe)

@jrt5555520pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Wells)

@RedYoshi20pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Wells) [I didn’t copy jrt, I promise]

Have Paterson, will travel. Captain Paterson, travel further. Have Eliasson, nice view. Have Massengo, stay at home, government slogan.

#TableTime

B0717347-8D61-464B-8A80-03959C4B999C.thumb.jpeg.6145c3cc499e360e577494dad7b10ebb.jpeg

@jrt55555 closing the gap to the top 7, and - along with @Chivs - hoping for a late burst into the playoff spots. Automatics are starting to look more concrete, but I’m fully expecting myself to pull a Leeds.

*remind me, how did the season begin again? That’s right, with a 3-1 defeat. The next 8 games? Undefeated. The last of those 8 games? Against Preston. Sweet omens, Batman.

You’re welcome.

GW38 Points Breakdown

1. Paterson 9
  2. Rowe 6
  3. Eliasson 5
  4. Diédhiou 2
  5. O’Dowda 2
  6. Smith 2
  7. Afobe 1
  8. Baker 1
  9. Dasilva 1
  10. Kalas 1
  11. Palmer 1
  12. Wells 1
  13. Hunt 0
  14. Massengo 0
  15. Pereira 0

Apologies @citywest30, didn’t spot your chip request last week. A reminder is certainly in order! Here’s what everyone’s still got available:

All chips remaining: @jrt55555

Overload & Best Of: @bissellredhead@citywest30, @Dogbert, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap

Triple Captain & Overload: @Chivs & myself

Overload: @Chessels Chick & @Oubliette23

Also, I’m afraid there’s no truth in the rumours of a “Fan Frustration” chip, via which you receive points for how often one of your players is criticised in the match day thread.

20 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Apologies @citywest30, didn’t spot your chip request last week. A reminder is certainly in order! Here’s what everyone’s still got available:

All chips remaining: @jrt55555

Overload & Best Of: @bissellredhead@citywest30, @Dogbert, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap

Triple Captain & Overload: @Chivs & myself

Overload: @Chessels Chick & @Oubliette23

Also, I’m afraid there’s no truth in the rumours of a “Fan Frustration” chip, via which you receive points for how often one of your players is criticised in the match day thread.

What's an overload do please ? 

3 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

What's an overload do please ? 

Nearly forgot myself to be honest. Means all 3 of your picks can be from one position. So 3 defenders, or 3 midfielders, or 3 forwards.

(But not really 3 defenders, because that would obviously be foolish)

15 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Nearly forgot myself to be honest. Means all 3 of your picks can be from one position. So 3 defenders, or 3 midfielders, or 3 forwards.

(But not really 3 defenders, because that would obviously be foolish)

Yes very foolish, like picking a defender as captain!

Archived