IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

Gameweek 39 Update: DWell, DWell, DWells

I won't dwell on the reality of the situation, but instead celebrate the fantasies of the three managers who successfully captained Wells. With a bonus point added to his goal he was the wise choice, while Baker matched his 7 points thanks to an assist and three bonus points. No-one picked him though (well, one person did, but more on that later).

Seeing as the six midfielders to feature earned the same number of points combined, it possibly highlights the ineffectiveness of... no, no, I'm not dwelling. Stop it.

Congratulations Wells captainers!

@Dogbert4pts (Hunt - Eliasson - Diédhiou)

@RedYoshi4pts (Hunt - Eliasson - Diédhiou)

@jrt555556pts (Hunt - Paterson - Afobe)

@Chessels Chick7pts (Dasilva - Smith - Afobe)

@citywest309pts Best Of (Williams - Smith - Afobe)

@bissellredhead16pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Wells)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap16pts (Hunt - Paterson - Wells)

@Oubliette2316pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Wells)

Oubliette and bissell bouncing back superbly from last week's lower totals, and LJFC once again making a triumphant return. Having only selected Wells as vice-captain, bissell is possibly one of the few on this forum thanking Johnson, but only for his non-selection of original captain Kalas.

The selection of Williams by citywest proved to be their best pick, with the Best Of unfortunately not best served in midfield. It did ensure an extra two points at least, sneaking ahead of Chessels Chick.

Speaking of Chessels Chick, our latest ITKer did indeed make some very astute changes, with Smith and Afobe gaining double the points of initial picks Paterson and Diédhiou. Success!

Sadly, the switching of Baker for Dasilva then cost 6 points, meaning - somewhat ridiculously - that she would have been 3 points better off with the original side. Fantasy sports are cruel.

As for the rest of us, well, you know, we tried.

IMG_867432E4AD93-1.thumb.jpeg.37d2a99235016fe43b5f430a0989f1b0.jpeg

@Oubliette23 dancing with devil atop the standings, as @citywest30 charges into the 7th century and closes the gap to second. A similar challenge being mounted by @bissellredhead on @Dogbert as the fight for fifth heats up, and @jrt55555 takes advantage of @Chivs' absence to burst into the top 7.

But possibly most importantly this week, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap has gained another place! A top 10 finish is certainly in reach now, and their points per game would be enough for a playoff spot. What a story that would be.

This week also brings us to the end of June, and thus a Manager of the Month award. With only two matches played, it's very tight indeed, with only 7 points separating those of us who played both. In fact, it's so tight, that for the first time ever we have joint winners.

Congratulations, therefore, to @jrt55555 and @Oubliette23, who share the honour with 26 points apiece!

One month to go. Seven games. This will also include the "Run-In Cup". Stay tuned.

GW39 Points Breakdown

1. Baker 7
  2. Wells 7
  3. Williams 3
  4. Afobe 2
  5. Smith 2
  6. Weimann 2
  7. Dasilva 1
  8. Diédhiou 1
  9. Eliasson 1
  10. Hunt 1
  11. Massengo 1
  12. Nagy 1
  13. O'Dowda 1
  14. Paterson 1
  15. Vyner 1

Oops, forgot about the PEU. I'm as out of form as City.

PEU v Nottingham Forest

@Dogbert - cannot select Hunt

@Oubliette23 - cannot select Dasilva

@jrt55555 - cannot select Paterson

@bissellredhead - cannot select Wells

Just a heads up then @jrt55555 - if Paterson is the best midfielder, you'll get the second best. Dunno if that affects your team!

I went on self-isolation for Sheff Weds on the basis that I can't bear to watch this god-awful team.  anyway, I'm out of isolation now (but none the happier) so...

DEF: Dasilva (Hunt)

MID: Massengo (Paterson)

FWD: Afobe C (Wells VC)

2 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

Guilty of overthinking it for last match, much like LJ!

Will overload midfield for tonight as we didn't seem to have one on Sunday ...

Smith (Palmer)

Eliasson VC (Nagy)

Paterson (Odowda)

So what happens if neither my captain or vice captain play??!!

4 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Sorry @Dogbert, got Vyner listed as a defender for the purposes of the game, so might wanna shuffle the pack slightly..

Liking the choice of him as captain though - bold!

Well that's what happens when I don't concentrate when picking! 

I know it is a bit late now as the team is out, but if I could I'd still like Vyner as captain, so make him my defender choice and leave me with Massengo as my midfield pick that would be cool - but I realise there may be objections.

Gameweek 40 Update - An Improvement Without Improving

Best performance yet.

Fewest fantasy points.

Can we go back to lockdown now, please?

@Oubliette23: 4pts (Williams - Paterson - Wells)

@Dogbert5pts (Vyner - Massengo - Diédhiou)

@Chessels Chick: 6pts Overload (Smith - Nagy - Paterson)

@Chivs: 7pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Afobe)

@citywest30: 7pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Wells)

@RedYoshi: 7pts (Dasilva - Palmer - Afobe)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap: 11pts (Baker - Smith - Wells)

@bissellredhead: 12pts (Baker - Smith - Diédhiou)

@jrt55555: 13pts Best Of (Baker - O’Dowda - Wells)

Our top three successfully make it into double figures thanks to our (potentially questionable) best performers: Baker with three bonus points, Diédhiou on two, & one for O’Dowda.

At the other end, @Dogbert was unfortunate to be left without a midfield, while Williams is persona non grata in the @Oubliette23 household.

86603614-05BA-4C9D-8E23-34AF0C39EC67.thumb.jpeg.d3d47e5a10d705a56becdaa6465ecde5.jpeg

Another switch around in the ol’ bissell-Dogbert ding dong, but otherwise it’s pretty much as we were. Which is probably where City will be next season.

Still, we can keep dreaming of a 6 game winning streak to end the season, right?

Let’s do it!

GW40 Points Breakdown

1. Baker 5
  2. Diédhiou 3
  3. O’Dowda 3
  4. Afobe 2
  5. Dasilva 2
  6. Nagy 2
  7. Smith 2
  8. Wells 2
  9. Palmer 1
  10. Paterson 1