IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

PEU v Hull

@RedYoshi - cannot select Dasilva or Afobe

@Chessels Chick - cannot select Nagy

@citywest30 - cannot select Paterson or Wells

Lee Johnson - cannot select anyone (thanks for the highs)

Also: ANNOUNCEMENT

The Run-In Cup

As previously mentioned, we’re gonna have another cup to round off the season. Same format as last time, i.e. across 4 games with two-legged semi-finals, starting with the Middlesbrough match.

However, as we’ve been having nine regular players recently, the match against Hull will act as a qualifying round. Top 8 scorers will be drawn against each other at random. No seeding this time. It’s the business end of the season after all.

Good luck!

(Cardiff update tomorrow morning)

Gameweek 41 Update - Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginning’s End

And so, as one chapter ends, in FantasyLand all the managers stay put in perpetuity, no matter how well we’re performing or how much our imaginary fan base moan.

Screw you, my invisible supporters, I’m gonna pick two players who start on the bench again whether you like it or not!

Obviously, none of us enjoyed the result. But six of us do have one last thing to thank LJ for: his final set of substitutions, that earned Vyner the one and only clean sheet since football’s return.

I’m not one of those six. Grr.

@RedYoshi: 5pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Afobe)

@Dogbert: 7pts (Dasilva - Smith - Wells)

@citywest30: 9pts (Baker - Paterson - Wells)

@Oubliette23: 10pts (Vyner - Smith - Afobe)

@Chessels Chick: 11pts (Vyner - Nagy - Afobe)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap: 11pts (Vyner - Nagy - Afobe)

@bissellredhead: 12pts (Vyner - Nagy - Afobe)

@Chivs: 13pts (Vyner - Nagy - Wells)

@jrt55555: 17pts (Vyner - Nagy - Afobe)

Seeing Dogbert’s boldness of last match and raising it, jrt’s captaining of Vyner secured a 3rd highest score out of 4 matches - the sort of form City were dreaming of, but completely failed to show.

Chivs sneaks into second place, as the only manager to pick players who all actually started the match, and the rest of us shuffle into place behind, ordered by starting skippers, carded Koreys, and vacant Vyners.

F4E572E9-0800-4D41-9906-C9C3A02C5D89.thumb.jpeg.11b02244907322a2ea5be436e0b26b2c.jpeg

@citywest30 breathing down my neck like Brentford, while @jrt55555’s form has reduced the gap to 6th by 22pts since we came back. Lots of jostling still to come.

The 6 match winning streak didn’t happen... anyone for 5?

GW41 Points Breakdown

1. Vyner 7
  2. Kalas 5
  3. Baker 4
  4. O’Dowda 3
  5. Dasilva 2
  6. Diédhiou 2
  7. Nagy 2
  8. Wells 2
  9. Afobe 1
  10. Benković 1
  11. Hunt 1
  12. Paterson 1
  13. Smith 1
  14. Weimann 1

15 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Welcome to the party @bcfctim!

Never too late to join - and just in time for a potential Denmark-like triumph in the Run-In Cup.

You've pretty much nailed it, just need you to PM all your bank details so that I can fully process your entry :shifty:

Good stuff! Just contact @CiderJar my personal accountant, he'll sort everything out for you

26 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Too late to join @RedYoshi

If not:

Baker (Dasilva)

O'Dowda (Smith)

Wells vc (Diedhiou)

I have no idea how this works, so I'll just go vaguely in line with what people seem to be doing and hope for the best!

Based on recent performances, you may be better off doing the exact opposite of that!!!

PEU v Middlesbrough

@jrt55555 - cannot select Vyner

@RedYoshi - cannot select Paterson

Update & cup draw coming soon! With only 8 players against Hull, qualifying ended up a little bit of a procession. Commiserations to @bissellredhead & @Chivs who miss out, but I may have a little twist up my sleeve to keep at least a little bit of cup magic alive for you.

A fascinating set of results against Hull, it must be said... #Suspense #Cliffhanger #Ooooo 

Gameweek 42 Update - The Answer?

Finally, a sweet, sweet win. Perhaps we’ve found the answer. Would be fitting in week 42. That said, maybe we didn’t play that differently, and were just beneficiaries of the law of averages.

Either way, it certainly shook up our fantasies.

With our #42 not playing in GW42, it was not the answer one of our managers was looking for, while the question “will we ever see a high scoring week?” was answered emphatically, and in triplicate.

@citywest30: 4pts (Dasilva - Massengo - Afobe)

@bcfctim: 6pts (Baker - Smith - Wells)

quite a large gap

@jrt55555: 19pts (Vyner - Paterson - Wells)

@RedYoshi: 19pts (Vyner - Paterson - Wells)

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap: 21pts (Kalas - Paterson - Weimann)

a chasm

@Chessels Chick: 37pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@Dogbert: 37pts Best Of (Hunt - Paterson - Diédhiou)

@Oubliette23: 37pts (Dasilva - Paterson - Diédhiou)

Like three different games being played. Quite obviously all hinging on the Paterson-Diédhiou axis, but I’m not sure we’ve previously seen such a spread of scores. An unfortunate debut for @bcfctim, while Massengo’s (and sub Eliasson’s) absence cost @citywest30 dear. Don’t worry folks, the only way is up - as demonstrated by our trio of triumph on 37 points.

I doff my cap to you all.

87CB1289-BF14-4C91-B104-051CD93F6907.thumb.jpeg.d006a1149d6944cad3cd120ef6aeedc3.jpeg

@bcfctim storms into 14th from absolutely nowhere. Further up, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap has smashed through the top 10 barrier, leaping up to 9th and passing 200 in the process. @Dogbert takes full advantage of @bissellredhead’s absence, reclaiming 5th, while - in possibly the move of the week - a huge 33pt swing sees @Chessels Chick fly past @citywest30 into the top 3, with both now breathing down my neck.

As for @Oubliette23 - could anyone be more dominant? What a position to be in with 4 matches remaining. The Liverpool of OTIB. Phwoar.

Cup draw next...

GW42 Points Breakdown

1. Paterson 13
  2. Diédhiou 11
  3. Kalas 3
  4. Benković 2
  5. Dasilva 2
  6. Hunt 2
  7. Smith 2
  8. Vyner 2
  9. Weimann 2
  10. Wells 2
  11. Afobe 1
  12. Baker 1
  13. Nagy 1
  14. Watkins 1

Well... this cup may have fallen apart before it's already started haha... regardless, may I present:

The Run-In Cup 1st Round Draw

Match A - @RedYoshi v @Chessels Chick

Match B - @citywest30 v @jrt55555

Match C - @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap v @bcfctim

Match D - @Oubliette23 v @Dogbert

So, er, three byes are imminent... Ha. Good luck to Oubliette and Dogbert, I have a feeling all the fans will be tuning in to that one.

Semis will be AvC and BvD.

@Chivs, as you have a team ready for this match, I may well draw you at random against one of the opponent-less managers. Turns out you might be the Denmark amongst us!

Sad to have missed out on higher or lower today, but hopefully the match will make up for it.

(Still time to enter for those who haven't done so yet - I'll make some allowances, especially as it's the same line up for once!)

2 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

(Still time to enter for those who haven't done so yet - I'll make some allowances, especially as it's the same line up for once!)

Very kind of you @RedYoshi, i'll go with

Weimann (he was at RWB, yeah?...yeah)

Paterson

Wells

PEU v Stoke

@citywest30 - cannot select Dasilva

@Oubliette23 - cannot select Dasilva or Paterson

@Dogbert - cannot select Paterson

@RedYoshi - cannot select Wells

Be careful too - deadline is 4pm tomorrow!

Update to come in the come in the morning. Have redrawn @Chivs into the cup, against one of @citywest30, @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap & myself... all will be revealed.

@bcfctim@Chessels Chick & @jrt55555 that does mean one of you has been unceremoniously ousted from the cup (and you’re not able to do a Man City, although you’d probably be affected a lot worse by a €10m fine so at least there’s that).

But fret not, for you will be facing off against @bissellredhead in the plate final instead.

Everyone’s a winner!

Apart from Hull. Sheesh.

Archived