IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

Gameweek 43 Update - Bye Bye Boro

With our Run-In Cup throwing out byes left, right and centre, at least City turned up to the first of their “cup finals” in some style.

I mean, it was probably actually the first of our third-place playoffs, especially after last night’s results, but the important thing is we won, and with a healthy helping of fantasy points flying around too.

Firstly, with my trusty tool wheelofnames.com, @Chivs was redrawn into the first round against... *unnecessary drum roll*... @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap, leaving us with just two byes and a bumped @bcfctim (apologies, but ya know, I never did get that entry fee :thumbsup:).

So without further ado, the byes first:

@RedYoshi v @Chessels Chick: signal-less in South Devon, Chessels did inform me that Nahki would’ve been captain this week... what an unfortunate missed opportunity. Still, with a well played Overload chip (if I do say so myself) ensuring I had both Wells and Weimann, I may still have taken this win - although I messed up by captaining Dee-aii-aah-yoo for a total of 29pts.

@citywest30 v @jrt55555: another to captain our favourite Knowle resident, citywest did have Paterson in midfield for a total of 15pts. While this was the lowest score of this week’s participants, jrt’s absence meant citywest sailed through to the semis.

Now for the real action:

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap v @Chivs: with our last-minute replacement dreaming of going one step further than their runner-up medal in the New Year Cup, a captain choice of Paterson ensured a decent haul, earning his manager 18pts and lifting Chivs’ total up to 22pts. LJFC also relied on a captain‘s performance to boost the 4pts gained elsewhere, and opted for... Wells, whose brace ensured they ran out winners with 26pts. A short-lived cup run this time for Chivs, while LJFC carries on the momentum that’s marched them up the table.

@Oubliette23 v @Dogbert: with both coming off the back of a 37pt haul the previous match, this was clearly the tie of the round. In defence, Dasilva and Benković respectively, 2pts apiece. Midfield and forward choices saw them both opt for Paterson and Wells. Of course they did. These are the juggernauts. Giants v Titans. (Making them both seem normal-sized). So it came down to the captains again. Wells would give them 33, Pato 31. Did either pick Wells? One of them did.

@Oubliette23 33-31 @Dogbert

Commiserations to Dogbert, second highest score of the week is nothing to be sniffed at, but just unlucky to be up against the seemingly unstoppable force of Oubliette.

And thus, semi-finals are set, over two legs v Stoke & Swansea:

@RedYoshi v @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap

@citywest30 v @Oubliette23

Don’t forget, we do also have the reverse semi-finals to play off for positions 5-8:

@Chessels Chick v @Chivs

@jrt55555 v @Dogbert

Meanwhile, @bcfctim & @bissellredhead will contest their own special head to head across the final 3 matches of the season.

Good luck!

Now for the league:

347BE0B0-3210-4869-8111-0BCB87086727.thumb.jpeg.e0e8adcaa7c40bc9690252831d91b7ff.jpeg

The 750 is up for @Oubliette23, extending the lead at the top to a huge 77pts, while @citywest30 reclaims 3rd spot. After two high scoring weeks, though, the big story is @Dogbert now breathing down the neck of the top 4, showing exactly how to focus on the league when knocked out of the cup.

With three matches to go, don’t forget your leftover chips!

GW43 Points Breakdown

1. Weimann 14
  2. Wells 11
  3. Paterson 9
  4. Baker 2
  5. Benković 2
  6. Dasilva 2
  7. Diédhiou 2
  8. Hunt 2
  9. Kalas 2
  10. Smith 2
  11. Nagy 1
  12. O’Dowda 1
  13. Vyner 1
  14. Watkins 1

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

I likes chips.  Not sure what an overload one is though.  For Stoke:

Baker VC (Benkovic)

O'dowda (Wiemann)

Wells C (Diedhiou)

13 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Benkovic (Hunt)

Weimann vc (O'Dowda)

Diedhiou C (Wells)

Sorry folks, Weimann is still listed as a forward option, despite where he’s been played the last couple of games. As others have done you could play the Overload chip if you fancied, or else switch him out for another midfielder.

Quick reminder on the chips:

Triple Captain: all three players are captained, so doubles your overall points.

Best Of: gives you the highest scoring player in whichever position you nominate (still choose the other two players as normal)

Overload: can select all three players from the same position.

@bcfctim - all chips available

@bissellredhead - Overload & Best Of available

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap - Overload & Best Of available

@Chivs - Overload & Triple Captain available

@jrt55555 - Triple Captain available

@Oubliette23 - Overload available

8 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Okay then, in that case let's go all gung-ho

Triple Captain

Overload

Weimann

Diedhiou

Wells

Normally, it's limited to one chip per match, but you know what? I've already harshly bumped you out of the cup, you've only played one game, and I'm just excited to see how many points this might collect, so sod it - go ahead!

Unless there are any objections, of course.

2 hours ago, Chivs said:

I likes chips.  Not sure what an overload one is though.  For Stoke:

Baker VC (Benkovic)

O'dowda (Wiemann)

Wells C (Diedhiou)

Apparently @RedYoshi thinks Wiemann isn't a midfielder despite his Zico like mastery of the right flank in recent games...so...

Baker VC (Benkovic)

O'dowda (Nagy)

Wells C (Diedhiou)

I can only assume @RedYoshi has overlooked the fact that O'Dowda isn't a midfielder either.

Gameweek 44 Update - Overloaded On Wins

Two wins in a row was clearly as much as we could handle. Still, unbeaten in three, and three is the number of forwards many went for this time out. Particularly understandable considering there have only been two starting midfield options of late.

Turns out defence is where all the points were, though - even if we still can’t keep a clean sheet.

Here’s where we stand after the first leg of our semifinals:

Reverse semi-finals:

@Chessels Chick 6 - 6 @Chivs: after I cruelly denied Chivs’ selection of Weimann in midfield, O’Dowda’s late cameo matched Chessels’ booked Paterson. With both opting for Nathan “20 minute” Baker at the back, and captaining Wells, they were glad to have been drawn against their fellow lowest scorer. All to play for in the second leg.

@jrt55555 11 - 14 @Dogbert: battle of the overloads, and Dogbert did indeed keep things interesting. With jrt trusting Famara with the armband, that squandered one-on-one chance must’ve stung, while a fourth assist in two games for Weimann rewards Dogbert’s faith. Slender lead, though, so chances are this’ll stay interesting.

Semi-finals:

@RedYoshi 28 - 8 @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap: a Triple Captain chip is always likely to unbalance the tie, and when your defender bags our only goal and the 3 bonus points it’s only gonna go one way. While benefiting from 2 bonus for Dasilva, LJFC was let down by captain Pato’s booking and Wells using up his goals against Boro. My pairing of Paterson with Diedhiou might not have fared any better, but the lucky pick of Benković leaves LJFC looking for a 2019 Champions League semi-final-esque comeback.

@citywest30 11 - 17 @Oubliette23: I believe Oubliette very nearly Overloaded, but similarly to Dogbert wanted to keep things interesting. With citywest benefitting from Weimann’s assist but captaining Wells, Oubliette took advantage of Benković’s 11 point haul to nudge ahead by 6 (a lead which could have been doubled had I not prompted doubt in Oubliette’s selection, who may otherwise have captained Weimann instead of Diédhiou... oops. Sorry :surrender:)

And let’s not forget:

The Compensation Charity Plate Invitational Playoff (3 legs)

@bcfctim 18 - 7 @bissellredhead: a maverick move from Tim saw all three forward options share the armband, though it wasn’t quite as devastating as we might’ve hoped. While Bissell suffered the same Baker-inspired disappointment as Chessels and Chivs, a solid pick of Smith in midfield at least earned one extra point. With two games (and two chips) remaining, this one still has a way to go.

As for the league:

188FD07B-1F42-4E77-9141-E9566F52ED64.thumb.jpeg.d4cb34dd4b55048a8e69b9a18020ef78.jpeg

Just 24pts separating 3rd-5th now, while seemingly the top two looks set. Can @jrt55555 close that gap to the top 6? Will @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap successfully earn more than half of @Chivs’ points, in fewer than half the games? Has @bcfctim got a chance of winning? Answers to all this and more, between now and Wednesday.

Exciting stuff.

GW44 Points Breakdown

1. Benković 11
  2. Weimann 5
  3. Dasilva 4
  4. Vyner 3
  5. Diédhiou 2
  6. Hunt 2
  7. Kalas 2
  8. Smith 2
  9. Wells 2
  10. Baker 1
  11. Eliasson 1
  12. O’Dowda 1
  13. Paterson 1

PEU v Preston

@LeeJohnsonsFlatCap - cannot select Paterson

@Dogbert & @Oubliette23 - cannot select Diédhiou

@Chivs@citywest30 & @jrt55555 - cannot select Wells

Semi-final update will be out pre-match tomorrow, but as a little taster I can reveal that @bissellredhead & @bcfctim are locked on 18-18 going into the third & final leg of the highly prestigious Compensation Charity Plate Playoff.

And I’ve heard suggestions that nothing’s riding on this match. Cuh, please.

Archived