IGNORED

The Fantastical Fantasies of OTIB (A Game)

RedYoshi

On 16/08/2019 at 05:04, RedYoshi said:

Sorry @Septic Peg, just noticed - for the purposes of the game, Rowe is listed as a midfielder, so I’m afraid you’ll need a different defensive sub...

Another injury back there and it’s gonna prove tricky to avoid the same player every week!

Poo. Erm. Have I used Taylor Moore yet? If not, stick him in.

9 hours ago, Chessels Chick said:

Couple of questions - is it first pick that you can't have in team for three weeks in row? Or only if they play? So non-playing sub can be picked the third week? Have I made this more complicated than I need to??!! Oh and just seen that you will let us know if can't pick a player (is that as sub or first pick??!!!!)

Hahaha, yeah it’s only based on the final team so non-playing subs can be picked as much as you like. If you can’t pick a player there’s not much point picking them as sub either because, were they to be needed, they wouldn’t be able to come on.

Team this week passes all official checks! And has done pretty darn well by the looks of things.

Commiserations to anyone who picked Hunt by the way - subbed off before 60mins, so not eligible for clean sheet points... A common fantasy football nightmare.

HIGH SCORING ROUND ALERT (Gameweek 3 Update)

Phwoar. Three points in the bag, two goals, and a clean sheet. That’s one hell of a fantasy recipe.

Feasting at the top table this week were @Chessels Chick and @citywest30 with an impressive 28 points apiece. With a starter of our top defender Kalas (recipient of the single bonus point to sprinkle atop his clean sheet), they then tucked into their main course of Ádám “I’ll only play one half and still be man of the match” Nagy, before finishing things off with the sweet treat of captain Afobe.

Both @bissellredhead and @Chivs also noshed on Nagy, but added the foresight to captain him, which - when paired with similar 6 point desserts of Afobe and Weimann respectively - would suggest they’d cooked up a storm. Sadly, their first course was removed from the oven too early, and as Hunt was also (fully) booked in the process he didn’t contribute anything at all to their otherwise excellent final score of 24 points.

Eating in the same restaurant but on a less exclusive table, @Oubliette23 had the same menu as our guests of honour but replaced Nagy with Palmer, bringing 22 points and some food envy. I opted for a less reliable starter of Moore, giving me 21, while @NNSnse seems to have dined in Hell’s Kitchen, captaining Palmer to result in a 6-6-6 score of 18.

In the café next door, @hodge and @jrt55555 were also let down by Hunt’s kitchen mishap, but Palmer and a captaining of Weimann/Afobe saw them gulp down a nutritious 15 points. @Septic Peg, meanwhile, grabbed a quick McDonald’s drive-through  and wolfed down her 12 points with a satisfied nonchalance.

Enough puns. What’s that done to the menu table standings?!

32C48696-6FE3-48E2-927E-4DE33DAB331A.jpeg.526ca712c21a517096fdd0b939a7e801.jpeg

We have a new leader! @Chessels Chick just ahead of @citywest30 as they start to break away at the top. Long way to go, but shaping up very nicely.

Keep fantasising!

GW3 Points Breakdown

1. Nagy 9
  2. Kalas 7
  3. Afobe 6
  4. Baker 6
  5. Moore 6
  6. Weimann 6
  7. Brownhill 3
  8. Palmer 3
  9. Rowe 3
  10. Eliasson 1
  11. Massengo 1
  12. Pereira 1
  13. Hunt 0

On 04/08/2019 at 10:14, Septic Peg said:

Defender - Kalas (Dasilva sub)

Midfield - Pack (Szmodics sub)

Striker - Fam (Taylor sub)

Pack captain and Fam vice captain

On 13/08/2019 at 13:52, Septic Peg said:

Sorry I totally forgot what with the boy having his op. Soz @RedYoshi

Doing this now so I don't forget... for Saturday I'll pick...

Defender: Hunt (Rowe sub)

Midfield: Palmer (Sideshow Bob sub)

Striker: Weimann (Afobe sub)

Captain: Palmer (V Captain: Weimann)

Quoted myself so I know whom I've picked but as I missed the Brum game because I have such a poor memory, I can now use my picks from the Leeds game?

Defender - Baker (Moore sub)

Midfield - Brownhill (Nagy sub)

Striker - Fam (Antoine sub)

Captain - Brownhill. Vice Capt - Baker

Sod it, chip me up like an old Telewest box @RedYoshi (Overload chip and Best of MF chip)

Welcome @Tom Fleuriot & @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap! Never too late, it’s great to have you in the league (even if it’ll probably scupper my top 10 dreams).

First chip of the season @Septic Peg, exciting times! (I’d nearly forgotten about them myself to be honest - don’t miss out folks). One thing though, and probably should’ve made it clearer in the rules, but you can only use one chip at a time. So choose your favourite please, Septic!

Oh and yes, it’s the last two City matches that are relevant, so Leeds picks don’t affect who you can have v Derby.

1 hour ago, RedYoshi said:

Welcome @Tom Fleuriot & @LeeJohnsonsFlatCap! Never too late, it’s great to have you in the league (even if it’ll probably scupper my top 10 dreams).

First chip of the season @Septic Peg, exciting times! (I’d nearly forgotten about them myself to be honest - don’t miss out folks). One thing though, and probably should’ve made it clearer in the rules, but you can only use one chip at a time. So choose your favourite please, Septic!

Oh and yes, it’s the last two City matches that are relevant, so Leeds picks don’t affect who you can have v Derby.

Overload please!

32 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

@RedYoshi

Can I change my sub midfielder to Massengo please as I'm not sure Nagy will be fit to play. Ta.

Consider it done ?

32 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Overload please!

Cool - but in that case, you will need to pick your three players from the same position as opposed to one from each. So if you’re backing a 0-0 you’d probably stock up on defenders, while a predicted 4-1 win with a goalscoring sub appearance from Diédhiou after Afobe & Weimann have done the business would see a triple pronged attack. You get the picture (and now I’m fantasising about the latter).

Consider it done ?

Cool - but in that case, you will need to pick your three players from the same position as opposed to one from each. So if you’re backing a 0-0 you’d probably stock up on defenders, while a predicted 4-1 win with a goalscoring sub appearance from Diédhiou after Afobe & Weimann have done the business would see a triple pronged attack. You get the picture (and now I’m fantasising about the latter).

In that case, can I change to a best of MF chip? Think we might take a hiding tomorrow.

On 16/08/2019 at 23:50, Chivs said:

Hunt (kalas)

Nagy C (Brownhill)

Diedhou (weimann)

Baker (Moore)

Palmer VC (Rowe)

Afobe C (Diedhou - not sure I'm allowed Fam as I picked him twice in a row albeit once as sub?? - I'll sub Semenyo)

On 04/08/2019 at 06:52, Chessels Chick said:

My team v Leeds (subs in brackets)

Kalas (Dasilva) Pack (Palmer) Weimann C (Diedhiou)

On 10/08/2019 at 11:48, Chessels Chick said:

My team v Brum

Dasilva (Moore)

Eliasson (Palmer)

Diedhiou (c) (Afobe)

On 17/08/2019 at 08:01, Chessels Chick said:

My team v QPR

Kalas (Hunt)

Nagy (vc) (Eliasson)

Afobe (c) (Weimann)

Team v Derby

Kalas (Baker)

Palmer (vc) (Brownhill)

Afobe (c) (Weimann)

18 hours ago, Chivs said:

Baker (Moore)

Palmer VC (Rowe)

Afobe C (Diedhou - not sure I'm allowed Fam as I picked him twice in a row albeit once as sub?? - I'll sub Semenyo)

Can have Diédhiou as sub if you want - only players in your final team each week are taken into consideration, so non-playing subs are fair game. Imagine Afobe will probably play anyway so it makes little difference, but have put Diédhiou in as sub for you at the moment.

Just under two hours ‘til the Derby deadline (that’s ripe for a hashtagging, but I’m trying to cut down for my health) - little nudge for @bissellredhead and @NNSnse.

My team:

DEF: Baker (Kalas)

MID: Nagy (Massengo)

FWD: Weimann (C) (Afobe vc)

Question, @RedYoshi

If I used my "Best Of" chip for my forward, and the best player was Afobe (who I can't choose per PEU) -- would my choice drop to second best? Or would I have to choose a sub? (And, in that case, would I keep my chip?) Or would my Afobe PEU status get waived?

...I'm actually going to avoid this conundrum for now and not play a chip, but question stands ?

My team:

Kalas (Moore)

Massengo VC (Palmer)

Weimann (Diedhiou)

2 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Can have Diédhiou as sub if you want - only players in your final team each week are taken into consideration, so non-playing subs are fair game. Imagine Afobe will probably play anyway so it makes little difference, but have put Diédhiou in as sub for you at the moment.

Just under two hours ‘til the Derby deadline (that’s ripe for a hashtagging, but I’m trying to cut down for my health) - little nudge for @bissellredhead and @NNSnse.

My team:

DEF: Baker (Kalas)

MID: Nagy (Massengo)

FWD: Weimann (C) (Afobe vc)

Am I too late?

Kalas (baker)

Massengo (vc) (brownhill)

Weimann (c) (fammy)

1 hour ago, NNSnse said:

Question, @RedYoshi

If I used my "Best Of" chip for my forward, and the best player was Afobe (who I can't choose per PEU) -- would my choice drop to second best? Or would I have to choose a sub? (And, in that case, would I keep my chip?) Or would my Afobe PEU status get waived?

...I'm actually going to avoid this conundrum for now and not play a chip, but question stands ?

An excellent question, and one I’ve been pondering myself since Septic played hers. I think for some added strategy in regards to when to play chips, it would drop to second best, essentially becoming “Best Of [Available Players]”. Potentially requires a bit of planning ahead then, so as not to block yourself using the chip to its maximum.

On a related note, again thanks to @Septic Peg‘s chip usage: you are able to captain your Best Of pick. I considered outlawing it, but as it’s not an automatic pick of the best performer in the whole team it hopefully shouldn’t be too much of an extra bonus on top of the chip itself.

32 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Am I too late?

Tut, tut, tut. I’ll allow it, this once, but only if you can promise you didn’t see the line-up beforehand ??

Also, welcome @Dogbert! Fantasy Island is growing.

COYR!

1 hour ago, hodge said:

@RedYoshi Weimann totally gets an assist for that dummy right? :ph34r:

Haha, I’m reviewing the footage for a slight brush of the laces or something - he’s my captain too!

No way!  I have the photo evidence https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-derby-county-1-2-bristol-city/ .  Afobe is clearly stood right next to Brownhill and is pointing the direction to shoot.

Assist for Afobe!

Archived