IGNORED

New Signing needed

class not gas

7 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Can’t imagine their will be any transfer movement until Monday with the game tomorrow...hopefully an exciting last few days of the transfer window left though 

Dont see why not, Ashton deals with transfers so shouldn't make any difference. We really need a boost before Sunday, ok the player wont be able to play, but introduce to crowd before kick off and give everyone a boost.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I hope our defence isn't loose without Webster.

Can you imagine the uproar if whoever comes in to replace Webster has a nightmare, gives away a pen ect. The place will go into meltdown...

22 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Dont see why not, Ashton deals with transfers so shouldn't make any difference. We really need a boost before Sunday, ok the player wont be able to play, but introduce to crowd before kick off and give everyone a boost.

Personally, I think the fact we've brought in such a large fee and we were all expecting a move to happen has made it easier to manage. I don't think we need a boost before tomorrow for the sake of it. Everyone would rather any transfer in be carefully thought over. You seem to think everyone is sat at home with their head in their hands, wondering how we're going to survive... 

15 minutes ago, TBW said:

Personally, I think the fact we've brought in such a large fee and we were all expecting a move to happen has made it easier to manage. I don't think we need a boost before tomorrow for the sake of it. Everyone would rather any transfer in be carefully thought over. You seem to think everyone is sat at home with their head in their hands, wondering how we're going to survive... 

No that's not the case, but it has put a bit of a dampener  on it, we all know we work one transfer window ahead, so would have a long list of replacements  which we will go through, just think the timing of Websters sale is a bit unfortunate on the eve of tomorrow's match and if it's at all possible to make a signing we should be pulling out all the stops.

8 minutes ago, class not gas said:

No that's not the case, but it has put a bit of a dampener  on it, we all know we work one transfer window ahead, so would have a long list of replacements  which we will go through, just think the timing of Websters sale is a bit unfortunate on the eve of tomorrow's match and if it's at all possible to make a signing we should be pulling out all the stops.

Yes would be nice to know it was gonna happen an not at the death oh well they all put thier prices up.

Seriously? After the business we’ve done so far & Webster having left all of 3 hours ago, the club need a ‘pick me up’?

We really aren’t in a bad position at all & we now have £20m+ in the bank & I’m sure some of that will be spent in the next 5 days.

Out of interest, what good would a new signing be now? They can’t play tomorrow & we’ve already signed 5/6 first team ready players, that could be available tomorrow, is that not a big enough boost?

24 minutes ago, class not gas said:

So we should just make a signing, any signing, just so we have a new recruit for 2moro?

Im even more positive about the season ahead now, we need a proven number 9 and now we can afford one so for that reason I'm extremely positive.

6 minutes ago, class not gas said:

If your not feeling a bit down about Webster leaving you dont share the same passion I do for Bristol City, we all knew it was going to happen but still feel gutted.

If your not feeling extremely delighted that we have received a record transfer fee of 20+ million for a player we paid 3 million for then you don't share the same passion as I do for Bristol City.

8 minutes ago, class not gas said:

If your not feeling a bit down about Webster leaving you dont share the same passion I do for Bristol City, we all knew it was going to happen but still feel gutted.

Don't tell people they don't have passion because you're upset and your post isn't getting the reaction you wanted. Some of us are just realists and can see that it's good business.

Yeah, sure it'd have been nice to keep the guy but it's £20m+ for a player who played one year here.

54 minutes ago, TBW said:

Agree that it needs to be thought out carefully and not making a signing for the sake of it. I’d rather we played tomorrow without any ‘big’ announcement, we’ve got a young side who should be right up for it  - ‘Big’ team and on TV,,  Yes we need a couple of signings but for the current players there is the opportunity to be  a regular name  on the team sheet.

Notwithstanding any announcement or lack of one , I expect fans to be scanning the crowds tomorrow for any potential signings. The rumour mill will be in overload!

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

If your not feeling extremely delighted that we have received a record transfer fee of 20+ million for a player we paid 3 million for then you don't share the same passion as I do for Bristol City.

Would still rather he stayed and we didnt receive  the money.

4 minutes ago, class not gas said:

So by selling all our best players we will achieve  something of note.

Yea as it gives us money to invest in other talents that we can then develop. 

We keep doing this cycle and eventually we will get to where we want to be. 

Pretty sure this is how Southampton got back to the premier League.

1 minute ago, class not gas said:

We already had one worth 20 mil.

Had we not sold him, it would have effectively been like we had brought him for 20 million because there was a 20 million offer on the table for him. 

He could turn out to be a one season wonder or got a career ending injury. 

4 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Cant see any achievement  of note there.

I smell gas.

24 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Some people woke up this morning ill, hungry, lonely, depressed, or Bristol Rovers fans..! 

I don’t think things are quite as bad as you are making out here, because we’ve just sold a player for £20million+ 

2 minutes ago, class not gas said:

We already had one worth 20 mil.

You would not be a good business man.

And your sarcastic "So by selling all out best player we will achieve something of note" statement is pretty hilarious for someone as (apparently) passionate as yourself.

We sold Kodjia (£15m) and got better.

We sold Bryan (£7m), Flint (£6m) and Reid (£10m) and got better.

We sold Kelly (£14m) and Webster (£20m)...

In those SIX players alone we've brought in a minimum of £67m and the cost to get those players in was under £10m. Yes we have sold our best players but there was no guarantee they were going to get us over the top and into the Premier League. A (more than) £57m profit goes a long way to giving us the financial weight to get players across the team to be better overall.

We are not in a position to keep every player we want to keep. No club in England is outside of the top five teams in the country. Instead, you have to maximise your assets and be able to reinvest in new assets to help push you further.

I think some seem to be forgetting that every big signing we've made so far (minus Bentley), was with us at the end of last season. So we have not 'upgraded' compared to teams around us.

Having said that, you have to trust LJ and MA to bring in big names with the Webster money.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Yea as it gives us money to invest in other talents that we can then develop. 

We keep doing this cycle and eventually we will get to where we want to be. 

Pretty sure this is how Southampton got back to the premier League.

Had we not sold him, it would have effectively been like we had brought him for 20 million because there was a 20 million offer on the table for him. 

He could turn out to be a one season wonder or got a career ending injury. 

I smell gas.

Bloody joke mate I've supported city for50 years, seen them play in the top division, so no not gas. Just cant see how people can be happy we've sold the best centre half ever to play for City, I can understand the money side of it but I'm gutted I wont get to see Webster again in a city shirt.

1 minute ago, class not gas said:

Bloody joke mate I've supported city for50 years, seen them play in the top division, so no not gas. Just cant see how people can be happy we've sold the best centre half ever to play for City, I can understand the money side of it but I'm gutted I wont get to see Webster again in a city shirt.

Well if you have supported us for 50 years you will remember 82 very well and then be extremely delighted that not only do we still have a club to support, but we are now selling players for 20+ million. Who would have thought that during those dark days?

Seems like your a bigger fan of Webster than you are of Bristol City?

3 minutes ago, class not gas said:

We're not happy he's gone. We're happy with a crazy fee that allows the club to reinvest heavily in the TEAM.

We aren't in a place to be rejecting £20m fees for players like that.

Kalas and Webster, ability-wise aren't worlds apart. How would you have felt if in an alternate world we kept Webster but it cost us £20m to buy Kalas. Would you have gone for him at that price or tried to look elsewhere?

Archived