IGNORED

New Signing needed

class not gas

2 minutes ago, class not gas said:

To be honest dont think I would be happy,but transfer prices have gone crazy and if a club were asking 20 mill for a player and Lansdown was prepared to pay it I'd say sign him up.

And then you'd get a repeat of 1982.

2 hours ago, class not gas said:

Think we will find it hard to get someone in with Websters quality, but yes suppose so.

His head had been turned as shown in the game against Palace. If you had the chance of playing in the top tier of English football, you’d take it. It’s not as though we are his boyhood club. For many footballers and indeed workers in other occupations it’s a case of work hard, do well and get the just rewards. For a club like City it’s a case of enjoy them while you can.  It’s a two way thing,  they  can be good for the club  and the club can be good for them. 

2 hours ago, TBW said:

image.png.7ddb96a7271bdc969c14f791642a37fb.pngimage.png.7ddb96a7271bdc969c14f791642a37fb.png.816f5e3a1548efc3ae0c5f9b1503d01e.png

:dunno:

Rovers lost 2-0 - great to hear, pity it wasn't 5.

I'm with @class not gas, always cheers me up up to hear Rovers are losing and surprised any City fan would feel any different.

Absolutely shitty club who hate City getting off to a losing start - what's not to like? 

3 hours ago, class not gas said:

If your not feeling a bit down about Webster leaving you dont share the same passion I do for Bristol City, we all knew it was going to happen but still feel gutted.

You must be a young un - I used to get distraught when my fave players left way back in the day when I was young, naive and assumed the players would stay forever. I was gutted when Glyn Riley left but nowadays I’m totally comfortable with players coming and going - especially when we get £22m for one who’s only been here for five minutes. Oh, and I can assure you my passion for City is at the very least the equal of yours ...

3 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Dont sale them in the first place, build the team around your best players.

sell*

But then how do you buy the next ones? You can't just expect Lansdown to pull money out of his wallet forever, it's a business and it needs to somewhat able to fund itself.

£20m can buy five Adam Webster's if the scouts here are good enough. 

You're looking at it very closed minded. Look at the bigger picture.

1 minute ago, class not gas said:

Dont get personnel TBW it ain't clever, I might not be able to spell but I m old enough to respect other supporters.

I'm not getting personal. I'm just saying look at the bigger picture. We sold Webster for about 530% more than we got him for.

... And don't talk about your respect for other supporters after you were just calling people out for not having the same passion for the club as you. 

6 minutes ago, TBW said:

sell*

But then how do you buy the next ones? You can't just expect Lansdown to pull money out of his wallet forever, it's a business and it needs to somewhat able to fund itself.

£20m can buy five Adam Webster's if the scouts here are good enough. 

You're looking at it very closed minded. Look at the bigger picture.

If you have the basis of a good team , players can be added by selling your fringe players and building your team around the best ones.

1 minute ago, TBW said:

I'm not getting personal. I'm just saying look at the bigger picture. We sold Webster for about 530% more than we got him for.

... And don't talk about your respect for other supporters after you were just calling people out for not having the same passion for the club as you. 

I have never disrespected  any one on here.

You can probably count on one hand the number of clubs in world football that don't have to sell their best players.

The important thing is to get a good deal when you do. We did and we have consistently for a few seasons now.

3 minutes ago, TBW said:

And dont you feel sad that you wont see Webster play for City again? A player of hi class can not be replaced.

At present we have a vastly  inferior squad to last season having lost Kelly, Webster , Pisano and Mo Elsa with no notable replacements. We had Webster /Da Silva / Kalas and Palmer last season  and we didn't go up! Unless we use the money from the sale of Webster to get a quality striker , I fail to see how wee can expect to finish higher than last year.

Now aged 68 and a fan for over 60 years , I am rapidly running out of patience (and time) to see us back in the top flight. Always selling our best players is not a recipe for a successful side...Kelly / Webster /Flint / Reid /Bryan etc. Hopefully LJ will prove me wrong and we will gain promotion this year. ...but I'm not holding my breath.

4 minutes ago, class not gas said:

If you have the basis of a good team , players can be added by selling your fringe players and building your team around the best ones.

Not if you piss off all your good ones by never letting them move forwards with their careers. They won't play to their full ability and will end up leaving for nothing when their contracts expire.

Just now, Gazred said:

You can probably count on one hand the number of clubs in world football that don't have to sell their best players.

The important thing is to get a good deal when you do. We did and we have consistently for a few seasons now.

I agree 100% but I'm saying I wont get to see a player of Websters class in a City shirt and for that reason and that reason alone I'm dissapointed that hes gone.

1 minute ago, TBW said:

Not if you piss off all your good ones by never letting them move forwards with their careers. They won't play to their full ability and will end up leaving for nothing when their contracts expire.

But you might be in the prem by then.

3 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

At present we have a vastly  inferior squad to last season having lost Kelly, Webster , Pisano and Mo Elsa with no notable replacements. We had Webster /Da Silva / Kalas and Palmer last season  and we didn't go up! Unless we use the money from the sale of Webster to get a quality striker , I fail to see how wee can expect to finish higher than last year.

Now aged 68 and a fan for over 60 years , I am rapidly running out of patience (and time) to see us back in the top flight. Always selling our best players is not a recipe for a successful side...Kelly / Webster /Flint / Reid /Bryan etc. Hopefully LJ will prove me wrong and we will gain promotion this year. ...but I'm not holding my breath.

Totally agree, us older fans have been there and done it all when supporting City.

3 minutes ago, class not gas said:

And dont you feel sad that you wont see Webster play for City again? A player of hi class can not be replaced.

You seriously believe that Webster is complete irreplaceable? ??

Come on...

2 minutes ago, class not gas said:

But you might be in the prem by then.

Not if the players refuse to play or play like shit.

Sat on a balcony in Tenerife. Boiling hot and sporting the biggest t-wat tan known to man.

Not really bothered about a new signing to be honest - worse things in life like people pointing at the ink blotch red and white man.

Whole family representing tomorrow in various City related clothing. I will just leave my top off to show my true colours ?

Just now, class not gas said:

I agree 100% but I'm saying I wont get to see a player of Websters class in a City shirt and for that reason and that reason alone I'm dissapointed that hes gone.

Fair enough, totally get where you are coming from. Just have to keep the faith that the next one is just around the corner.

We've improved a lot on the recruitment front and if the funds are invested wisely there's no reason we can't replicate that sort of signing.

8 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Totally agree, us older fans have been there and done it all when supporting City.

Archived