IGNORED

Player subbed off

Izza

New rules state a subbed player leaves the field at the nearest point to where they are and walk around the pitch to the dug out.

Subs warming up are required to wear a high vis bib so not to confuse players on the pitch.

Is there meant to be something similar for subbed off players, if not I can see a few arguments from defenders catching an opposing player in the corner of their eye and stopping thinking they are offside.

What do you think or has this already been discussed?

1 hour ago, Izza said:

New rules state a subbed player leaves the field at the nearest point to where they are and walk around the pitch to the dug out.

Subs warming up are required to wear a high vis bib so not to confuse players on the pitch.

Is there meant to be something similar for subbed off players, if not I can see a few arguments from defenders catching an opposing player in the corner of their eye and stopping thinking they are offside.

What do you think or has this already been discussed?

Sounds good to me, obviously stops a player deliberately time wasting by ambling off slowly and annoying supporters.

Main thing is the refs. enforce it, and not let it drift after a few weeks which seems the case with some new rules.

Archived