IGNORED

Cyrus Christie

5 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I just don’t get it. Sometimes I’m ashamed to be white. These morons seem to be everywhere ? 

No. Just be ashamed of the fact that some members of the human race, supposedly the superior animal on this planet, are unable to respect any other person irrespective of skin colour, gender, religion, ethnicity, etc and etc.

15 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Kind of get what you mean but I don’t think for one second racism is restricted to just white people being racist to black people

No, but i'm struggling to think of the last time a group of black supporters started dishing out dogs bollocks loads of abuse to a white player.

Tackle this problem now, and tackle it properly.

I actually thought we were starting to gets somewhere. Not so sure recently

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Big generalisation

Not really, it has vilified people's prejudice of 'the other' whoever they may be (e.g anyone who isnt like them). Having fascist leaders doesn't help either. Massive rise in racist and zhenaphobic incidents since all this Brexit bs. 

1 minute ago, Cider red said:

Not really, it has vilified people's prejudice of 'the other' whoever they may be (e.g anyone who isnt like them). Having fascist leaders doesn't help either. Massive rise in racist and zhenaphobic incidents since all this Brexit bs. 

Probably safe to say the incident today was not in any way connected to Brexit!

The sad thing is today’s incident would have happened regardless of Brexit.

7 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Big generalisation

It is wrong to generalise in that way I agree. But it is a small part of a wider lurch across Europe and in the USA. Farage described Trump's racist remarks as genius. Johnson used the word picaninnies to describe Africans.

That kind of stuff emboldens racists as they see it as mainstream now.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

It is wrong to generalise in that way I agree. But it is a small part of a wider lurch across Europe and in the USA. Farage described Trump's racist remarks as genius. Johnson used the word picaninnies to describe Africans.

That kind of stuff emboldens racists as they see it as mainstream now.

Has to be an OTIB first

Holy shit, get yourself on Countdown.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Has to be an OTIB first

Holy shit, get yourself on Countdown.

Really? I come from a working class family and went to comprehensive school yet I still came out of it with an English vocabulary. Who'd of thunk it?l?

And I may be old but I haven't reached the point of comfy slippers, crimplene slacks, a cardy and Countdown. If I ever do then the end is nigh!

13 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Probably safe to say the incident today was not in any way connected to Brexit!

The sad thing is today’s incident would have happened regardless of Brexit.

Maybe or brexit has given those the confirmation that they need to spout their vile ideation

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Really? I come from a working class family and went to comprehensive school yet I still came out of it with an English vocabulary. Who'd of thunk it?l?

And I may be old but I haven't reached the point of comfy slippers, crimplene slacks, a cardy and Countdown. If I ever do then the end is nigh!

you missed out the fact you like Zappa.. any fan of FZ is a friend of mine   :laugh:

in fact you have just given me an idea

Not sure I like this generalisation, I’m 31, voted brexit for reasons absolutely in no way connected to race or immigration. There is a theme accusing Brexit voters all being racist and find it very insulting but I don’t deny there are some who are. I find this story an absolute disgrace and sickening, these vile people should be hit with the fullest force of the law.

There comes a time when actions speak louder than words.

Therefore I ask the question.. What would you do if you heard a racist chant at a football match?

This is an honest question and I'm not trying to be controversial, I just want people to think about how they would react.

Me.. i'd call them out on it and have done so whenever I have heard it in a football environment ( watching it live or in a pub!!)

We can all say how bad it is..and it is disgusting but unless we, as individuals,are prepared to say something or call someone out, then nothing will change.

Sorry to spoil your Saturday night people but we must start acting now!!!

31 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

Therefore I ask the question.. What would you do if you heard a racist chant at a football match?

This is an honest question and I'm not trying to be controversial, I just want people to think about how they would react.

Me.. i'd call them out on it and have done so whenever I have heard it in a football environment ( watching it live or in a pub!!)

We can all say how bad it is..and it is disgusting but unless we, as individuals,are prepared to say something or call someone out, then nothing will change.

Honestly?

I would call them out from a distance (unless they were sat next to me, in which case; I would have a quiet word), but would I go the extra mile to challenge them properly? Probably not.

Why not? Despite being 'of a size' I fear the need to get involved in a physical confrontation, and despite being as left-leaning as you could imagine - therefore of a strong view on most things - I would hope that the internal and representative authorities would deal with it.

I seem to recall a number you could text to report such draconian behaviour. It was never widely publicised though.

There you go. A completely honest answer.

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Honestly?

I would call them out from a distance (unless they were sat next to me, in which case; I would have a quiet word), but would I go the extra mile to challenge them properly? Probably not.

Why not? Despite being 'of a size' I fear the need to get involved in a physical confrontation, and despite being as left-leaning as you could imagine - therefore of a strong view on most things - I would hope that the internal and representative authorities would deal with it.

I seem to recall a number you could text to report such draconian behaviour. It was never widely publicised though.

There you go. A completely honest answer.

Fair play for your honesty.

I think your response is what many would do.

Yes I believe you can text a seat number to a special number. But do we know what it is.

1 hour ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

I did just that some 20+ years ago at palace away. Totally embarrassed to be a city fan that day when Wayne Allison was getting awful abuse from some of our “fans”. The response I got from one pretty threatening guy was “There ain’t no black in the Union Jack”. 

Did I have a go? Yes. Sadly his mates all thought it was hilarious and joined in with the chant.Sadly the stewards did absolutely nothing.

One of my most depressing days following city.  

Archived