IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

Just now, Spike said:

Seems like a lot of an 18 year old especially when we need a striker and a defender.
He's rated very highly and Henry really talked him up last season but seems weird that we'd be paying a near club record fee for a young lad in a position we actually have quite a lot of depth in. Also, if he's a defensive midfielder surely this would be the end of Korey for us what with his injuries and such a huge fee on a player who plays in his position?

A lot of depth? I don’t think we have one truly defensive minded midfielder at the club do we?! A position we’ve been crying out for forever. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Seems like a lot of an 18 year old especially when we need a striker and a defender.
He's rated very highly and Henry really talked him up last season but seems weird that we'd be paying a near club record fee for a young lad in a position we actually have quite a lot of depth in. Also, if he's a defensive midfielder surely this would be the end of Korey for us what with his injuries and such a huge fee on a player who plays in his position?

Do we really have depth at CDM? 

Hadn’t ever heard of him before seeing the link of twitter. He looks a huge talent (can only go off that single YouTube video). I would be extremely excited about this, £8m may seem a lot but this kid could be worth triple that off the back of his first season.

If he was to add some muscle mass he could become an incredible DM with his ability on the ball.

This could be one to really excite the fans.

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

Hadn’t ever heard of him before seeing the link of twitter. He looks a huge talent (can only go off that single YouTube video). I would be extremely excited about this, £8m may seem a lot but this kid could be worth triple that off the back of his first season.

If he was to add some muscle mass he could become an incredible DM with his ability on the ball.

This could be one to really excite the fans.

One good season with us and we could be looking at doubling the fee we got for Webster.

Just now, Spike said:

even with depth our midfield is not great

Just now, paul_fox said:

Seeing as we've just got palmer and Sammy who play similar roles as this lad could we see palmer up top? 

Saw a tweet saying he' could he similar to Modric. If so then we'll have to give him considerable game time 

Think he's more of a threat to Pack and Brownhill than the attacking players at our disposal, if this is the level we are aiming at then the striker we go for is going to be very exciting

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Seeing as we've just got palmer and Sammy who play similar roles as this lad could we see palmer up top? 

Saw a tweet saying he' could he similar to Modric. If so then we'll have to give him considerable game time 

I think this lad plays as a defensive mid/deep playmaker not a number ten like Palmer or Sammy. The usual sources have him down as a defensive mid which we’re absolute crying out for. He looks like a true box to box player to me from what I can see. 

1 minute ago, Ohbasso said:

Never heard of this kid five minutes ago, now I’m so excited I won’t be able to sleep.

Webster who?

Just now, downendcity said:

I think there may be a bigger picture, in terms of the way we will be playing this season, than any of us anticipated.

Seems as if we are going for a 4-2-3-1?

Archived