IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think this lad plays as a defensive mid/deep playmaker not a number ten like Palmer or Sammy. The usual sources have him down as a defensive mid which we’re absolute crying out for. He looks like a true box to box player to me from what I can see. 

Yeah hadn't seen that he's more of defensive midfielder. Going by an article I read he sounded like a more forward player. 

Seems odd that a player so highly rated has pushed Monaco to accept the bid. Maybe we are getting a wider reputation for developing players and giving them a stepping stone which he's seeing 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

If that article is correct and there is a 20% sell-on then we'd need to sell him for 10 million Euros just to make 400k euros profit, that sounds very risky business.

If the kid is as hot as it sounds, couple of seasons performing for us and MA at the helm, we will be getting a lot more than 10m euros. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

If that article is correct and there is a 20% sell-on then we'd need to sell him for 10 million Euros just to make 400k euros profit, that sounds very risky business.

Not with MA handling it.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

But the profit on 20 million? 30 million? 40 million? Because if this kid has one good season with us, that's the sort of figure we would be able to command.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

It will be 20% of any profit, he looks a real promising talent if he can adapt.

7 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Clearly not a centre midfielder is he, looks like another Palmer type player but exciting none the less 

Looks like he plays a lot deeper than Palmer.  A centre mid who is quite versatile, can screen the defence and pick a pass?  It’s a big price tag for potential especially when we are watching the ffp pennies and other equally expensive positions need strengthening. It’s a big part of the budget on a player who hasn’t played many league games and would need to be eased into the championship gently.

15 minutes ago, Hocca said:

He’ll be in the 3 players behind diedhiou for sure, he’s tiny he’ll have no chance playing deep playmaker just yet 

ffs he's 5 ft 9 which is 2 inches taller than Barry Bannan who I would take as a midfielder for us any time. 

This is how to reinvest the money from the Webster sale.

What could prove to be an incredible piece of business by Mark Ashton. £8m for a player who has lots of time to develop (could be worth a fortune in the future) and has already played in the champions league. Take a bow. I would be incredibly excited to watch this lad, could take us to the next level and certainly fills a position I feel could do with being upgraded.

meanwhile in the English market, £8m would get you a bang average journeyman who has never found their feet in the prem.

The report said that the player has asked for this move as well which is interesting.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And never mind that Kante is an incredible defensive mid and is about 3ft6

Teams these days now prefer the smaller nimble mobile DMs like Kante, players that can get around the pitch and can also pass.

What use is a slow 6'5 cdm when most teams pass it around these days?

Archived