IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

3 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

This is how to reinvest the money from the Webster sale.

What could prove to be an incredible piece of business by Mark Ashton. £8m for a player who has lots of time to develop (could be worth a fortune in the future) and has already played in the champions league. Take a bow. I would be incredibly excited to watch this lad, could take us to the next level and certainly fills a position I feel could do with being upgraded.

meanwhile in the English market, £8m would get you a bang average journeyman who has never found their feet in the prem.

The report said that the player has asked for this move as well which is interesting.

I think players are starting to know that if they come to Bristol City they will become better players and there is a direct path to the premier League through us.

If Arsenal brought this guy for 8 million today, he wouldn't be seen of for years, however if they buy him for 30+ million in a year's time, he's going straight into the team.

He is a defensive midfielder. Height will not matter if he has enough strength and balance. Loads of short defensive midfielders. In fact once a player develops, being short can be an advantage. Kante, Makelele, Macherano so sharp over short distances. Being short is actually a key part of that.

34 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

We will be making a statement to the whole of football if we sign Massengo. He is very highly regarded as a possible soccer great in years to come. I will be well impressed if we are signing him and the smoke signals sound encouraging.

Wow, Bristol City signing the wonder kid Massengo. I'm bowled over by this (although up until 5 minutes ago I had never heard of him).

Yeah, he comes from an old Mangotsfield family, used to run Trader Jacks  !

:cool:

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Looks like a really exciting signing!

Just hope it’s not to replace Brownhill?

£7.3m for an 18 year old who seems to be VERY highly rated - never thought I’d see the day that City would make such a signing.....

The Webster money has changed a lot of things.

We still had a  budget for a ‘ proven ‘ number 9  I suspect, now we have the cash for more than that.

5 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

The thing is though ,  would he be a regular starter at cdm ? , I would hope so for that amount of money 

He will need time to adapt to the Championship, physically and the speed of game compared to French football. He will need to learn how we play, he has only played a handful of games for Monaco, I imagine he will eased in over time.

Just now, JonDolman said:

He is a defensive midfielder. Height will not matter if he has enough strength and balance. Loads of short defensive midfielders. In fact once a player develops, being short can be an advantage. Kante, Makelele, Macherano so sharp over short distances. Being short is actually a key part of that.

I think the deep lying play maker role is a little alien to English football fans and they don't really understand it.

Verrati is absolutely tiny.

Archived