IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Exactly. Engvall sounded exciting at the time. £8m is a big gamble on an 'unknown' wonderkid.

IFK Göteborg and Monaco are worlds apart on their player development.

Just look at all the players moving away from Monaco in recent years; Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Kurzawa, Mendy, James Rodriguez, Fabinho, Martial, Bakayoko, Lemar...

Trezeguet, Henry and Thuram went through their youth system too. 

Genuinely seems one to be excited about.

1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Mbappe broke into Monaco through their youth team, and by the end of the year he was one of Europe's biggest talents. I'm sure the kid has major talent, and to put almost £10 million on him, shows we more than see it. 

The big question mark is though... Why are Monaco giving up on him?

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Standard youtube video... 

Oi, you bunch of dirty perverts, caught staying up late to watch a video in French of an 18 year old.  Bring back the Channel 4 red triangle! ???

Seriously though, never heard of him, but eff me, this ain’t Lois Diony is it.  That final passage of play in the clip...the anticipation of where the ball was gonna end up. Bonne de douche!

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

This is bold as ****.

‘Afro’? ?

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You don’t spend €8 million on anyone without being reasonably convinced of their ability, especially an 18 year old.

The way the pound is going I just hope Mark Ashton isn’t planning to buy his euros at the airport on the way out...

Seeing how MA works he probably bought the euros 3 weeks ago! 

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

https://liveteam-asm.com/AsmForum/index.php?/topic/1085-han-noah-massengo/page/5/#comments

For any French speakers out there. What’s the consensus? 

- They seem upset at their new manager for not giving youth a chance.
- His dad is managing his life and he should wait for his chance and stop letting his dad control everything.
- Why is he demanding first team football now? He's only just turned 18.
- Think he could play at a higher level (Germany maybe?)
- Bristol?! Isn't that a type of paper?!
- One says he's worth €30m
- He's small so will the Championship be too physical.

1 hour ago, Kingswoodactor said:

We’ve needed a combative central midfielder who can pull strings from deep and take the pressure off Pack for god know how long IMO. 

Was that not why we got Walsh or the lad from Liverpool who cost 300k to sit on the bench? 

Just got in from Cardiff watching the international cup game there, as City don't play until tomorrow. 

Very strange signing. Unlike City to spend serious money on a player who only turned 18 a month ago.

But fair play for our ambition, and imagination. I can only think that similar English prospects have priced themselves out of the equation. He'll of a gamble for 8m

What  next a Honduran right back? Or a forward from Eastern Europe?

Just watched the 'highlights' clip from the Bristol Post article. It seemed to consist of an interesting haircut and being fouled a few times. I realise he's young but not a single tackle, assist or goal on view.

Let's hope the club know what they're doing here. They presumably have somebody they trust who has been following him in detail......I hope.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Just watched the 'highlights' clip from the Bristol Post article. It seemed to consist of an interesting haircut and being fouled a few times. I realise he's young but not a single tackle, assist or goal on view.

Let's hope the club know what they're doing here. They presumably have somebody they trust who has been following him in detail......I hope.

Got a feeling the recruitment team watched more than a Bristol Post compilation before making the decision! ?

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Imagine the OTIB’ers who went to bed at 11o/c and wake up to see this one reach 10 pages overnight! ???

I was just about to turn in at that time and then this blew up.

So still here going through the AS Monaco forum to see the responses from their supporters etc.

Seems they blame his dad (also now his agent) for his leaving and disappointed he's not going to a bigger european club (which is understandable I suppose). 

Archived