IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

18 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Got a feeling the recruitment team watched more than a Bristol Post compilation before making the decision! ?

My gut feeling is that the stats bods and Ashton came up with Engvall. While LJ actually saw Webster, Kalas and DaSilva playing and wanted them in.

So I am a bit worried about this rumour and whose idea it is to spend £8m on this kid.

26 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I was just about to turn in at that time and then this blew up.

So still here going through the AS Monaco forum to see the responses from their supporters etc.

Seems they blame his dad (also now his agent) for his leaving and disappointed he's not going to a bigger european club (which is understandable I suppose). 

What do you mean bigger club??!

Have you not heard the song ‘ We are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen’

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Could this all be with a view of having him for a year and then shipping him off to Bournemouth/Brighton/West Ham/Villa for £40m?

That is exactly the plan. 

We then have 40 million to go fishing in bigger ponds, and then the process repeats.

I am a little concerned reading about the influence his Dad has and how that may be a potential issue further down the line.

4 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

He looks really good. Shame about the Jamie Afro hair though

Some French bloke on Twitter described him as "Very very good" 

Some serious hair will be on the pitch with this lad and Casey Palmer

This could be a groundbreaking signing for us and whilst only seen a few clips, he looks a player alright

9 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Some serious hair will be on the pitch with this lad and Casey Palmer

This could be a groundbreaking signing for us and whilst only seen a few clips, he looks a player alright

https://footballtalentscout.net/2018/12/02/han-noah-massengo/

Not sure how much to read into these, apologies if already posted, but HOLY HELL I think this kid could be a star. Bet Lee and the coaches are gagging to get their hands on him. =D

4 hours ago, TBW said:

IFK Göteborg and Monaco are worlds apart on their player development.

Just look at all the players moving away from Monaco in recent years; Mbappe, Bernardo Silva, Kurzawa, Mendy, James Rodriguez, Fabinho, Martial, Bakayoko, Lemar...

Trezeguet, Henry and Thuram went through their youth system too. 

Genuinely seems one to be excited about.

You carry on and get yourself all excited then..

I'm keeping me feet firmly planted on terra firma with this one!

12 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

His favourite animal is a lion cause of his hair. He likes Prison Break, the number 7, Monaco's Stadium, rice with Source and summer. 

The EP article mentioned Thierry Henry rated him highly when manager. Didn’t LJ do A training course / badge with him and remain matey? I seem to remember something about him and Johnson exchanging wassaps being stated in the press. Perhaps we got some info from Henry? 2+2 = 5 ?

7 hours ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

He’s played for them in Champions League a couple of time under Thierry Henry so he rates him. When I try and buy him on football manager Monaco want €120 million so take that as much as you want

Na that’s wrong mate . The 120 million is when we sell him in a couple of years. 

So seems like Monaco don't want to lose him. But he put in transfer request. So he's choosing us over them. Wow we really are massive now. Makes sense that a player wants to come here with an easy route to prem football once they prove themselves.

I like it that he is not happy the new Monaco coach has not been picking him. Most players just turned 18 would not expect to be first teamers. He obviously believes in his ability.

If we sign him then he gets in our side I'm sure. Does he play alongside Pack in with Brownhill playing elsewhere or does he play alongside Brownhill I wonder. 

Get the centre back and striker signing right and we have a serious chance this season. I'd like to think with the striker we look abroad. But plenty of centre back options in this country.

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So seems like Monaco don't want to lose him. But he put in transfer request. So he's choosing us over them. Wow we really are massive now. Makes sense that a player wants to come here with an easy route to prem football once they prove themselves.

I like it that he is not happy the new Monaco coach has not been picking him. Most players just turned 18 would not expect to be first teamers. He obviously believes in his ability.

If we sign him then he gets in our side I'm sure. Does he play alongside Pack in with Brownhill playing elsewhere or does he play alongside Brownhill I wonder. 

Get the centre back and striker signing right and we have a serious chance this season. I'd like to think with the striker we look abroad. But plenty of centre back options in this country.

We really are massive now???....pathetic.

Have a f**£'n word with yourself.......

4 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

My gut feeling is that the stats bods and Ashton came up with Engvall. While LJ actually saw Webster, Kalas and DaSilva playing and wanted them in.

So I am a bit worried about this rumour and whose idea it is to spend £8m on this kid.

Des Taylor the chief scout seemed to be more in control of foreign recruitment. Seemed like he got the blame when they sacked him.

This kid is completely different. Monaco want to keep him, and he has been playing for them at 17. Now just turned 18. He's played champs league.

Engvall wasn't even scoring at Swedish level. So seemed like a strange one.

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

We really are massive now???....pathetic.

Have a f**£'n word with yourself.......

I was kind of joking. Cheer up. 

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

It’s says he’s had offers from all around Europe. But it was the opportunity to have a Clarke’s pie that swayed his decision 

Fascinating one, this. 

I can't help asking myself why he is coming to us, of all places. Why aren't other teams in for him? He'd clearly be on the radar of every team in the Prem, and others around Eurpoe. Makes me think that at this age, or at this price, other clubs weren't ready to take a gamble on him. And - as excited as I am - we do have to recognise that this is a bit of a gamble. We've never done anything like this before! It definitely seems that we have put much better support structures in place though.

Let's see. This one will be a bit of a roller coaster, but I can't wait. 

16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

It’s says he’s had offers from all around Europe. But it was the opportunity to have a Clarke’s pie that swayed his decision 

....and a pint of thatchers gold, pryzm on the weekend and a chance to roomie up with Fam in Bristol’s finest Knowle 

Archived