IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

9 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Fascinating one, this. 

I can't help asking myself why he is coming to us, of all places. Why aren't other teams in for him? He'd clearly be on the radar of every team in the Prem, and others around Eurpoe. Makes me think that at this age, or at this price, other clubs weren't ready to take a gamble on him. And - as excited as I am - we do have to recognise that this is a bit of a gamble. We've never done anything like this before! It definitely seems that we have put much better support structures in place though.

Let's see. This one will be a bit of a roller coaster, but I can't wait. 

This is the crux for me. For Prem teams its not a gamble at £8m. For us it's a massive one that could have huge consequences.

5 hours ago, TammyAB said:

Got a feeling the recruitment team watched more than a Bristol Post compilation before making the decision! ?

Woken up start new season to hear this. This is funny. The whole thing. I bet none of us had ever heard of Diony before we signed him, and I recall the words of MA when he arrived.  

Now it appears that overnight a player , not a single one of us would have ever heard of  before , on media say so, looks to be a near an 8million signing.  WWhhhooooooooo ?  

As others have said the Cisse appointment might make sense now.  Shows how far we have come when it looks like we r about to sign an unknown wonder kid for £8 million.  It will be interesting to find out how and when he appeared on the list.  Cannot be for development squad at that price? 

2 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I can't believe how worked up people are getting over an unknown 18 year old. Jeez. 

Is it the price tag or the fact he's from Monaco? Or that Henry said some nice words about him. 

Depends if you mean worked up in a good or bad way...

This is the sort of ‘one for the future’ signing that Chelsea or Man City would make not Bristol City. Could we be the new way for say a Chelsea (unable to buy) to stack up young talent. They fund it and get a future option once we have developed the talent. We seem to be doing a good job developing their young players recently. It’s a strange move for us albeit exciting.

5 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I can't believe how worked up people are getting over an unknown 18 year old. Jeez. 

Is it the price tag or the fact he's from Monaco? Or that Henry said some nice words about him. 

The price tag.

We don't have a great record with previously unknown European imports.

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

https://liveteam-asm.com/AsmForum/index.php?/topic/1085-han-noah-massengo/page/5/#comments

For any French speakers out there. What’s the consensus? 

“Completely ridiculous”

”His father has badly advised him”

”The manager is making a huge mistake”

”His value with one season is closer to 30 million”

“Young players now looking at Mbappe and wanting it all now, if they don’t get it their parents take them elsewhere”

A lot of french criticism of Bristol asking who we are? And how we’ve done this? 

They're not happy! 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

This is the sort of ‘one for the future’ signing that Chelsea or Man City would make not Bristol City. Could we be the new way for say a Chelsea (unable to buy) to stack up young talent. They fund it and get a future option once we have developed the talent. We seem to be doing a good job developing their young players recently. It’s a strange move for us albeit exciting.

I believe you might be onto something. Sounds very plausible.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

That is a very good suggestion

I'm still trying to work this one out. Here's an idea. 

On the basis that loan rules have changed, and there is a limit to the number of loans a club like Chelsea can have out at any one time, the days of Prem clubs "stock piling" youth players such as Massengo are probably behind us. For Chelsea to secure that pipeline of talent will require another approach. 

I wonder if Chelsea wanted to buy this kid, but realised that they can't at present (for the reasons above, plus their transfer ban). We have therefore reached an agreement with them that we'll buy him, and if he does well for us we'll sell him on up the chain to them. We are kind of caretaker owners of the lad for a couple of years. They could be paying for an option for first refusal, for example - a couple of million now, which could be subtracted from the price if they do buy him in future. 

I think something along those lines would be quite a smart deal for all concerned. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Yes! Great minds. You beat me to it, and put it much more succinctly than I ?

5 minutes ago, Jasper Testimitanu said:

“Completely ridiculous”

”His father has badly advised him”

”The manager is making a huge mistake”

”His value with one season is closer to 30 million”

“Young players now looking at Mbappe and wanting it all now, if they don’t get it their parents take them elsewhere”

A lot of french criticism of Bristol asking who we are? And how we’ve done this? 

They're not happy! 

And RobboRouge who says he won’t believe it until it’s on the official site .

1 minute ago, City Ben said:

On the basis that loan rules have changed, and there is a limit to the number of loans a club like Chelsea can have out at any one time, the days of Prem clubs "stock piling" youth players such as Massengo are probably behind us. For Chelsea to secure that pipeline of talent will require another approach. 

I wonder if Chelsea wanted to buy this kid, but realised that they can't at present (for the reasons above, plus their transfer ban). We have therefore reached an agreement with them that we'll buy him, and if he does well for us we'll sell him on up the chain to them. We are kind of caretaker owners of the lad for a couple of years. They could be paying for an option for first refusal, for example - a couple of million now, which could be subtracted from the price if they do buy him in future. 

I think something along those lines would be quite a smart deal for all concerned. 

I love a conspiracy theory! ??

1 hour ago, City Ben said:

Fascinating one, this. 

I can't help asking myself why he is coming to us, of all places. Why aren't other teams in for him? He'd clearly be on the radar of every team in the Prem, and others around Eurpoe. Makes me think that at this age, or at this price, other clubs weren't ready to take a gamble on him. And - as excited as I am - we do have to recognise that this is a bit of a gamble. We've never done anything like this before! It definitely seems that we have put much better support structures in place though.

Let's see. This one will be a bit of a roller coaster, but I can't wait. 

Times have changed for Premier league teams now they are unable to loan out 50+ players.

They might be slightly more picky over which ones they decide to sign/develop/loan out.

13 minutes ago, TBW said:

Depends if you mean worked up in a good or bad way...

10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The price tag.

We don't have a great record with previously unknown European imports.

Ive just noticed a few people have seemed to pinned hopes of promotion on an unknown 18 year old. He's never played in this league and probably before a couple of days ago never even heard of Bristol City. 

Hell have to adapt to a new life in a new city as well as adapt to the second hardest division in football. After playing what 3 games for Monaco? 

7 hours ago, downendcity said:

It's a small world after all.

I went to Disney World in 2003 and we broke down on the It’s a Small World ride, and that tune was on repeat for 30 minutes whilst they fixed the ride, I was loosing my sh*t by the end!

20 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

All those things, don’t worry it’s just a bit of fun!

6 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Could be spot on there. If this is to become a regular thing then great. These players want to play for a prem team, but need games. So we could be seeing plenty more top quality foreign prospects coming to us in the future, as teams won't be able to loan out so many.

Archived