IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

I did say a while back that being seen as a club where you can have a good season or two then get a huge move is no bad thing in this division. 

Fair play to the kid though, it’s bold on his part to leave the comfort zone at that age and drop down, overseas, to get games.

Says a lot about his attitude hopefully. 

Our owner has in business founded one of the financial services success stories with Hargreaves Lansdown. You have to say that on recent form we are becoming like an investment bank of young talent and I suspect our working model could be a way forward  in a debt ridden business. When a young talent with a Champions league club asks to be released to come to us then something is happening for sure.

4 minutes ago, Jasper Testimitanu said:

He looks like a modern Gerry Gow!!

We can but dream ?

Arose this morning after a good time at my niece's wedding last night to find this. There are bolts out of the blue, and bolts out of the blue! This is certainly no Arnold Garita punt, and we ain't Manchester City, so we don't spend £8m on an 18 year old for the development team. Have to believe that either Brownhill is off, there are a number of loans going out or that a false number 9 is a genuine option this year. 

What does his name read in a South Bristolian accent?

2 hours ago, Badger08 said:

This is such a random signing. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. £8m is a hell of a gamble on a player of that age. LJ and MA have certainly got some balls. 

Let's just hope this kid is all he's cracked up to be and not another Diony / Engvall / Walsh / Bakinson.

Fairplay. If it doesn't work, plenty on here will have their knives out and we know it.... and that's why I'm nervous.  With that pricetag, and if we don't get off to a good start, people will be crying that he's not playing. 

Bold move which is kinda turning me on. MA, LJ, my wife is in room 108 and she is washed and ready..... Crack on boys.

P.s 

Good Morning Gasheads, 

You have just woken up (with your sister) to the news that your local rivals have just purchased an 18 year old, who might not even play, who is worth more than your entire playing and none playing staff combined. This is awkward.

Mind the gap.

I think the big difference with this and Diony/Engvall is the price. You might take a bit of a “punt” with £2m (Engvall) or a loan (Diony). But you wouldn’t shell out £8m without a much higher degree of confidence. Plus, an 18 year old capable of getting into a Champions League starting 11 must have something about him.

My biggest concern is off the field; can someone just 18 years old settle in another country and handle the pressure of the price tag? Plenty of teenagers would struggle with that.

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Was that not why we got Walsh or the lad from Liverpool who cost 300k to sit on the bench? 

Well yes we brought Walsh in with that view in mind, but it’s obviously not worked out the way Johnson wanted it too. Just from the highlights, this French kid has covered more ground in 5 mins of video than Walsh has all of last season. Completely different players, one of whom has played Champions League at 17, whilst the other was in Everton’s youth team with loans at League 1. 

Hell of a gamble? I don't think so, considering just how young this guy is and how much people are raving about him. It may not happen immediately, but I think the chance of us not making profit on him are close to zero. Do I expect him to tear up the division immediately - I don't... think so? But Johnson and Ashton have done something big here, selling the club to such a supposedly exciting European prospect. And no, he will not be the new Engvall. 

This is a gamble (if this is true). Paying a huge some of money for a young kid who has no experience of English football/culture etc is a big gamble given we're lacking in other areas which we should be focusing these sorts of funds on (not to say we're not also bringing more players in). It's a big risk asking a young foreign kid to move to another country and settle in and get used to the English game.

I think most on here are getting more excited by the price tag or the fact its Monaco without knowing anything about him (I include myself in the later so I could be worrying about nothing......I hope).

Still, I'll continue to trust the plan.:fingerscrossed:

30 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I went to Disney World in 2003 and we broke down on the It’s a Small World ride, and that tune was on repeat for 30 minutes whilst they fixed the ride, I was loosing my sh*t by the end!

When we went, just the normal duration of the ride had me losing my sh*t by the end !  :)

How exciting...scout reports liken him to Luka Modric ?

The Cisse position all makes sense now. 

Bringing in a young French defensive midfielder. 

Guess we've been looking at this for a while...or Cisse's knowledge/contacts prompted us in that direction.

Either way it looks an exciting prospect to watch and a very bold move.

1 minute ago, General Zod said:

With all this excitement I almost forgot that we are desperate for at least one striker by 5pm Thursday. Get this done ASAP and move on to the other positions that need filling.  The clocks ticking.

I doubt we negotiate one deal at a time.

Just now, chinapig said:

I doubt we negotiate one deal at a time.

I appreciate that but we’ve a lot of positions that need filling, a limit number of staff to work on the deals and only a few days left.  The quicker we get each deal completed the better for us.

Just from YouTube highlights (the great adjudicator of talent) he seems an good player, good technique, good positioning, quick but that being said he does look quite skinny though so if this deal does come off I'm not sure how he'll cope with the physicality of the league. 

Personally from Monaco I would rather go for Sofaine Diop or Jonathan Panzo. 

1 hour ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I can't believe how worked up people are getting over an unknown 18 year old. Jeez. 

Is it the price tag or the fact he's from Monaco? Or that Henry said some nice words about him. 

Everybody look to the left
Everybody look to the right
Can you feel that yeah
We're playing with Massengo tonight
It's not about the money money money
We don't need your money money money
We just wanna make the world dance
Forget about the price tag
Ain't about the uh cha-ching cha-ching
Ain't about the yeah b-bling b-bling
Wanna make the Gate dance
Forget about the price tag

19 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Well yes we brought Walsh in with that view in mind, but it’s obviously not worked out the way Johnson wanted it too. Just from the highlights, this French kid has covered more ground in 5 mins of video than Walsh has all of last season. Completely different players, one of whom has played Champions League at 17, whilst the other was in Everton’s youth team with loans at League 1. 

Walsh likes to pass and watch his pass,  this kid likes to pass and move.

1 hour ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

This is the sort of ‘one for the future’ signing that Chelsea or Man City would make not Bristol City. Could we be the new way for say a Chelsea (unable to buy) to stack up young talent. They fund it and get a future option once we have developed the talent. We seem to be doing a good job developing their young players recently. It’s a strange move for us albeit exciting.

After Kalas, Dasilva and Palmer, perhaps we have just decided to cut out the middle man.

Archived