IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

50 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I went to Disney World in 2003 and we broke down on the It’s a Small World ride, and that tune was on repeat for 30 minutes whilst they fixed the ride, I was loosing my sh*t by the end!

All those things, don’t worry it’s just a bit of fun!

I was last on that ride 15 years ago, and that damned song is still in my head! 

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

How exciting...scout reports liken him to Luka Modric ?

The Cisse position all makes sense now. 

Bringing in a young French defensive midfielder. 

Guess we've been looking at this for a while...or Cisse's knowledge/contacts prompted us in that direction.

Either way it looks an exciting prospect to watch and a very bold move.

A young Korey Smith or Brownhill. Can he shoot? Does he get into the box. Are we the new Barcelona? Buzzing bees who rotate and make teams dizzy? Fascinating  how all this midfield talent will be used.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Des Taylor the chief scout seemed to be more in control of foreign recruitment. Seemed like he got the blame when they sacked him.

This kid is completely different. Monaco want to keep him, and he has been playing for them at 17. Now just turned 18. He's played champs league.

Engvall wasn't even scoring at Swedish level. So seemed like a strange one.

From memory he’d scored something like 16 from the equivalent of 40-odd (90 min) games when he joined us.

59 minutes ago, City Ben said:

I'm still trying to work this one out. Here's an idea. 

On the basis that loan rules have changed, and there is a limit to the number of loans a club like Chelsea can have out at any one time, the days of Prem clubs "stock piling" youth players such as Massengo are probably behind us. For Chelsea to secure that pipeline of talent will require another approach. 

I wonder if Chelsea wanted to buy this kid, but realised that they can't at present (for the reasons above, plus their transfer ban). We have therefore reached an agreement with them that we'll buy him, and if he does well for us we'll sell him on up the chain to them. We are kind of caretaker owners of the lad for a couple of years. They could be paying for an option for first refusal, for example - a couple of million now, which could be subtracted from the price if they do buy him in future. 

I think something along those lines would be quite a smart deal for all concerned. 

Sure that would be illegal....but I like it!!

1 hour ago, City Ben said:

On the basis that loan rules have changed, and there is a limit to the number of loans a club like Chelsea can have out at any one time, the days of Prem clubs "stock piling" youth players such as Massengo are probably behind us. For Chelsea to secure that pipeline of talent will require another approach. 

I wonder if Chelsea wanted to buy this kid, but realised that they can't at present (for the reasons above, plus their transfer ban). We have therefore reached an agreement with them that we'll buy him, and if he does well for us we'll sell him on up the chain to them. We are kind of caretaker owners of the lad for a couple of years. They could be paying for an option for first refusal, for example - a couple of million now, which could be subtracted from the price if they do buy him in future. 

I think something along those lines would be quite a smart deal for all concerned. 

Surely that would come under something like 3rd party ownership? I hope its not the case as it sounds a very dodgy thing to set up a commercial arrangement for and could get us into a lot of trouble.

Even a gentleman's agreement between SL and RA on future sales would be iffy to say the least.

1 hour ago, Jasper Testimitanu said:

“Completely ridiculous”

”His father has badly advised him”

”The manager is making a huge mistake”

”His value with one season is closer to 30 million”

“Young players now looking at Mbappe and wanting it all now, if they don’t get it their parents take them elsewhere”

A lot of french criticism of Bristol asking who we are? And how we’ve done this? 

They're not happy! 

Let's hope his Dad doesn't bump into Zach Clough's Dad before he puts pen to paper.

Does "Bristol putain" mean Bristol sluts? As my google translate suggests. Not very nice!

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Let's hope his Dad doesn't bump into Zach Clough's Dad before he puts pen to paper.

Does "Bristol putain" mean Bristol sluts? As my google translate suggests. Not very nice!

‘ Putain ‘  means ‘ prostitue ‘ but French people use the word like we would say ‘ bugger ‘ for example .

1 hour ago, City Ben said:

We are a Chelsea feeder Club, I like your logic. The scenario could be we’ve payed £0 for Kalas to Chelsea so far but spent it on the new kid in agreement we develop him for them and he moves on when the transfer ban is lifted. I love conspiracies!

30 minutes ago, asfred said:

It is a good suggestion but does that not sail pretty close to the 3rd party ownership route...something the FA really do not like.

Well selling your ground to yourself wasn’t something that the FA approved off last year was it ? With the Bolton/Bury scenarios it would appear that the FA/Football League are making it up as they go along. Financially football is in difficult times (for those not in the Premier League) and new opportunities are opening up. 

Anyway under the counter deals are nothing new. The exchanging of brown paper bags is all digital now. Nothing has to be official. For instance Chelsea say we will ship you out some of are best surplus talent at a ‘special discount’ and you can use the saving to pay for little Messi (Massengo). Then you can use your Chelsea loyalty card points to shop around  Europe.

The only worry with an 18 year old French wonder kid coming to our City is that he is in his prime and there are quite a few cougars who inhabit this forum (naming no names) who have a thing for Bristol City players and will target this lad.

I appeal to these women now. For the sake of Bristol City keep your lustful desires in check. If it helps, several of us fellas on here will volunteer to assist if it gets too much.

1 hour ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

This is the sort of ‘one for the future’ signing that Chelsea or Man City would make not Bristol City. Could we be the new way for say a Chelsea (unable to buy) to stack up young talent. They fund it and get a future option once we have developed the talent. We seem to be doing a good job developing their young players recently. It’s a strange move for us albeit exciting.

You’re not the first person to suggest this. We’ve come a long way transfer wise in the last two years but this kid looks different gravy. 

Why would you leave playing champions league football to come to the championship. Very exciting prospect of him coming here, but with our links to Chelsea and their embargo , this actually makes sense. 

It could also be a load of bollocks and he genuinely wants to come here after hearing we got cheddar valley on tap in the concourse ?

14 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Surely that would come under something like 3rd party ownership? I hope its not the case as it sounds a very dodgy thing to set up a commercial arrangement for and could get us into a lot of trouble.

Even a gentleman's agreement between SL and RA on future sales would be iffy to say the least.

Maybe we will see a loan from Chelsea next week, with no loan fee and Chelsea still paying the wages. This will ensure we still have money for a striker.

9 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Isn’t there a gentleman’s agreement between Steve and Wally?

I think the Chelsea theory holds a lot of water. Clearly, we have a very good relationship with them. The most likely thing here is that they’ve nudged us in this kids direction (and anyone Chelsea related - Fabregas? has put in a word for us) and there will be a release clause in the contract allowing him to talk to a top six club if they come in - and to be fair, that’s not an uncommon clause and is certainly not illegal. You could argue in this scenario Chelsea have an advantage as they know of the clause but it’d be common knowledge in the game anyway.

I’m not seeing illegality here. But I can buy into the theory that Chelsea want to see how young players do in English football before they take a punt and are happy to alert us to candidates and put words in for us. Nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You’re not the first person to suggest this. We’ve come a long way transfer wise in the last two years but this kid looks different gravy. 

Why would you leave playing champions league football to come to the championship. Very exciting prospect of him coming here, but with our links to Chelsea and their embargo , this actually makes sense. 

It could also be a load of bollocks and he genuinely wants to come here after hearing we got cheddar valley on tap in the concourse ?

Monaco won’t be playing champions league as they finished 17 th last year

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I sincerely hope we are not involved in any dodgy shenanigans with Chelsea. The FA will deal harshly with all involved. City would get demoted by at least two divisions and Chelsea would get a massive fine of £50,000.

There’s no chance we would be making any underhand deals . It’ll all be above board

Archived