IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

Don’t normally buy into conspiracy theories but MAs repeated comments about how professional Chelsea were at various points through the summer definitely hinted of a fostering relationship

A first option &  heads up on players in each direction ,  and a gentlemen’s agreement , built on trust built up to date ,  wouldn’t be any great surprise to me personally

Add Chelsea’s current transfer ban and there is certainly plenty of ingredients 

And Semenyo of course .....

I’m just happy we’re in for a CM/CDM as I was worried that position was going to be overlooked. The midfield for me is a little stale and lacks competition, so this news is very exciting and freshens us in that department.

Monaco fans seem very disappointed in seeing him go, which can only be a good thing. 

I think this signing if it goes through will be a sign of the future too.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don’t normally buy into conspiracy theories but MAs repeated comments about how professional Chelsea were at various points through the summer definitely hinted of a fostering relationship

A first option &  heads up on players in each direction ,  and a gentlemen’s agreement , built on trust built up to date ,  wouldn’t be any great surprise to me personally

Had Chelsea bought him he would almost certainly have been loaned out to a club like ours anyway, so this is just the other way around. Wouldn’t discount it at all.

12 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Only at Ashton Gate. Exciting but seems very high risk and a hefty chunk  of our transfer fund  Really hope money is left for a striker.

I seriously do wonder how LJ would feel about spending £8m on this kid. Is it a priority to get promotion? It feels more like a punt designed to make a future profit than anything else. 

If you said to LJ we're gonna sell your best player and spend half the money on this kid I just can't see him being too happy with that. I may be wrong but it feels more like the Lansdowns' idea than LJ's.

Landed at 1.20am at Bristol airport this morning and got the 4G on and seen this post, couldn’t get to sleep knowing we are likely to spend £7m on a 18 year old from Monaco!!!

From the clips I have seen he looks very useful

I now have a spring in my step for today’s game and the season although Gayle signing Monday would be the icing on the cake

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I went to Disney World in 2003 and we broke down on the It’s a Small World ride, and that tune was on repeat for 30 minutes whilst they fixed the ride, I was loosing my sh*t by the end!

All those things, don’t worry it’s just a bit of fun!

We went to Florida in June when it was 36-39 degrees every day. Half way round that ride my son tipped a bottle of ice cold water down my back, causing me to involuntarily jump up and shout  'Jesus!' at the top of my voice, much to the obvious disgust of the group of bible belters sat by us. I thought we were going to get lynched. 

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If you said to LJ we're gonna sell your best player and spend half the money on this kid I just can't see him being too happy with that. I may be wrong but it feels more like the Lansdowns' idea than LJ's.

How about you say 'sell your best player and you get kalas, dasilva, French wonderkid and szmodics...'

I know it's a risk but I like the strategy of buying young quality potential... much rather this than journeymen we've seen in the past.

Whether it proves to be effective in terms of reaching our goals remains to be seen but it's pretty exciting. 

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I seriously do wonder how LJ would feel about spending £8m on this kid. Is it a priority to get promotion? It feels more like a punt designed to make a future profit than anything else. 

I can’t imagine that LJ would allow £8m to be spent on a player that the club hadn’t been watching.......SL  freely admits that he’s no football expert so no way was he behind it.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I can’t imagine that LJ would allow £8m to be spent on a player that the club hadn’t been watching.......SL  freely admits that he’s no football expert so no way was he behind it.

Why you commenting on social media speculation?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Diony springs to mind. 

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sure that would be illegal....but I like it!!

37 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Surely that would come under something like 3rd party ownership? I hope its not the case as it sounds a very dodgy thing to set up a commercial arrangement for and could get us into a lot of trouble.

Even a gentleman's agreement between SL and RA on future sales would be iffy to say the least.

This is interesting. Would it be illegal? I don't know enough about third party ownership rules. To be clear though, my speculation was based on the idea that we would buy him, but Chelsea would at the same time buy an option to have first refusal on him if we decide to sell him. i.e., someone else offers 20m, they can match the offer and we have to accept it (and refuse the other). 

Clearly the spanner in the works here is that the player would then have to agree terms with Chelsea - what if the other club was more attractive to him? 

But the idea of buying an option over an asset is pretty straightforward and shouldn't to my mind be thought of as illegal.

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From memory he’d scored something like 16 from the equivalent of 40-odd (90 min) games when he joined us.

Sure that would be illegal....but I like it!!

Oh I just saw 16 in 64, and didn't bother looking into minutes. If that's the case then decent. Not all youngsters will come good though. We seem to have got more right than wrong.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If the purchase is based predominantly on a financial projection/investment (Which is clearly true to some degree at a minimum)  

It wouldn’t be SL himself , choosing players would it

It would be MA driving & following  SLs philosophy / plan 

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And Semenyo of course .....

Neither do I but after thinking and reading about it on here then it's definitely an option. Just hope we've looked deep into any kind of arrangement with Chelsea and not do anything illegal. With how our club is run we'd have done a lot of research to make sure there are no issues in the future 

3 minutes ago, City Ben said:

This is interesting. Would it be illegal? I don't know enough about third party ownership rules. To be clear though, my speculation was based on the idea that we would buy him, but Chelsea would at the same time buy an option to have first refusal on him if we decide to sell him. i.e., someone else offers 20m, they can match the offer and we have to accept it (and refuse the other). 

Clearly the spanner in the works here is that the player would then have to agree terms with Chelsea - what if the other club was more attractive to him? 

But the idea of buying an option over an asset is pretty straightforward and shouldn't to my mind be thought of as illegal.

Without trust, there is no business. And a hand shake would probably be sufficient to ensure good intentions were seen through.

It's an interesting concept, we buy a player 'on behalf' of Chelsea who can't trade themselves and then agree a first refusal option/guaranteed bid.

Of course, that might be complete bobbins and we have scouted him, like him and have made a bid.

3 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I read all these conspiracy theories with us and Chelsea. Don't you think our scouting system had something to do with it. We didn't use Chelsea to get Kodjia and Fammy from France! 

Scouts often work for more than one club. I have met several scouts for Premier League clubs who pass on reports of players that are not taken up by their preferred club. Scouts can be like agents that have different requirements for different clients.

1 minute ago, paul_fox said:

Neither do I but after thinking and reading about it on here then it's definitely an option. Just hope we've looked deep into any kind of arrangement with Chelsea and not do anything illegal. With how our club is run we'd have done a lot of research to make sure there are no issues in the future 

If there’s nothing in writing and it’s a working relationship built on trust , there’s absolutely nothing illegal about it 

Both Clubs benefit 

And MAs personal reputation at Chelsea increases :whistle: 

tbf - Why Wouldnt he / why shouldn’t he

Archived