IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

How many french speakers do we have in the squad? Diedhiou, Taylor Moore. That's about it I think. Ciise maybe brought in partly to help him.

Chaperone and father figure helping him to settle into the club and Bristol when his Dad's not about.

With the birth rate across Western Europe at its lowest since WWII, the coming Brexit putting a stop to all those funny, brown people coming here from overseas anymore (as promised/suggested to those that wanted to hear it), young people nowadays not having slap and tickle as much as we did because all they do is look at phones, and the Royals pointing the way forward in right-on, earth friendly carbon emission reduction through keeping ankle-biters to 2 (down from 2.4) this is clearly a bit of a panic buy, as Europe will very soon have only a handful of teenagers coming through, all playing video games and earning way more money from that than even football pays.

So, well done City for acting now. After this 18 year old, there are no more youngsters playing football . Anywhere.

7 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

For all the people stating that we should be concentrating on the first team rather than some wonder kid for in a season or twos time: this kid is coming in to play first team football; why would he leave Monaco reserves for Bristol City reserves? LJ obviously thinks he can play straight away and the talent level he has seems to be off the chart. I suspect we'll see a change of formation though and play 3 in midfield a little more to protect the kid

Yep. How can people think we spend 8 million on a 23s player! 

It will be interesting to see who we drop for him. Obvious one is Pack, though LJ likes Pack. Might play all 3 of this new guy, Brownhill and Pack. I'd probably drop Pack if this kid is an upgrade.

1 minute ago, P'head Red said:

The guy has played in the biggest club competition in the world. I don't think he'll be affected by the crowd.

He's played in the Johnson's Paint Trophy?

18 minutes ago, lenred said:

He may be spouting rollocks but let’s not ban people for having an opinion - it’s a football forum not a dictatorship! 

But it isn't just an opinion is it. It is posted to try and wind people up and basically just pee people off. A bit different than having a "differing" opinion than others and having a debate.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I can’t imagine that LJ would allow £8m to be spent on a player that the club hadn’t been watching.......SL  freely admits that he’s no football expert so no way was he behind it.

I'm impressed. We're really making progress if that is true mate

While I understand that we seem to have built a good relationship with Chelsea, why do so many seem to think that this deal is somehow part of a gentleman's agreement with them, in order to enable them to get around their transfer ban?

In the last few seasons we have come a long way in terms of scouting, and identifying the right players, Perhaps this is all City's work and we have got ahead of the game in identifying this player. Perhaps bigger clubs have had a look, but wanted to see a bit more of him before shelling out big money for a relatively untried player, but having the money from Webster's sale we have been able to make a move now.

It will be a big step to move to a new club, city and country but at that sort of money I think LJ will be expecting to feature in the first team this season. It would certainly fit the "bold" signing  LJ indicated recently.

4 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I'm impressed. We're really making progress if that is true mate

Why do you suppose that SL has employed MA as CEO and LJ as Head Coach both of whom have plenty of experience in the football industry?       

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just joking but why would I want to be stood next to a madman ? 

;)

If you said that when your on your own in a room, it would be worrying!   :)

9 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

He's a busy and neat player, no doubt about it.

But from the clips I've seen (this one included), he's given way more space and time than playing in the Championship will offer.

Really excited at the prospect but at €8M, there will be so much pressure on him to deliver - and LJ to pick him. Assuming he signs, somehow we will need to remain patient and allow him time to adapt.

The recent Bristol Post Hörður Magnússon article describes how steep the Championship switch can be.

LEE JOHNSON'S WASTED MILLIONS ON NON FIRST-TEAM REGULARS.

Milan Duric. 1.7 million.

Gustav Engvall. 1.6 million.

Taylor Moore. 1.5 million.

Marley Watkins. 1 million.

Liam Walsh. 1 million. 

LEE, IF YOU HAVE PAID 8 MILLION EUROS/7 MILLION QUID FOR THIS GUY, YOU HAVE TO PLAY HIM REGULARLY IN THE FIRST TEAM. 

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Imagine the OTIB’ers who went to bed at 11o/c and wake up to see this one reach 10 pages overnight! ???

Which included me!

Watched EFL on Quest, checked for any City news and then off to bed I went.....in a moment all my dedicated closed season scrutiny of every whisper, rumour and article relating to BCFC was wiped away. This could be the signing that beats them all! 

3 minutes ago, Xiled said:

He's a busy and neat player, no doubt about it.

But from the clips I've seen (this one included), he's given way more space and time than playing in the Championship will offer.

Really excited at the prospect but at €8M, there will be so much pressure on him to deliver - and LJ to pick him. Assuming he signs, somehow we will need to remain patient and allow him time to adapt.

The recent Bristol Post Hörður Magnússon article describes how steep the Championship switch can be.

Yes, I agree in regards to the amount of space he's going to get in this league. But I reckon he'll be able to adapt, he seems to have really quick feet.

If this ones turns out good it'll be the best signing we've ever made. 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why do you suppose that SL has employed MA as CEO and LJ as Head Coach both of whom have plenty of experience in the football industry?       

What a laugh you are. Seem to remember SL thought he knew better than Coppell about signing a clapped-out ex-international goalie who spent all his time bollocking our defence for mistakes he had made.

But seriously if this means that SL has made one of the changes I've been praying for (ie. him keeping out of the football side) then I am thoroughly delighted and it is a genuine sign of change. The signing of this kiddie from Monaco is another massive indicator of significant change and ambition.

3 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

LEE JOHNSON'S WASTED MILLIONS ON NON FIRST-TEAM REGULARS.

Milan Duric. 1.7 million.

Gustav Engvall. 1.6 million.

Taylor Moore. 1.5 million.

Marley Watkins. 1 million.

Liam Walsh. 1 million. 

LEE, IF YOU HAVE PAID 8 MILLION EUROS/7 MILLION QUID FOR THIS GUY, YOU HAVE TO PLAY HIM REGULARLY IN THE FIRST TEAM. 

On that list the only two I regret us signing are Engvall and Watkins. I'm still reserving judgement on Moore and Walsh, I still think both will turn good in time. Duric was usefull in his time here. 

Archived