IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

3 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

LEE JOHNSON'S WASTED MILLIONS ON NON FIRST-TEAM REGULARS.

Milan Duric. 1.7 million.

Gustav Engvall. 1.6 million.

Taylor Moore. 1.5 million.

Marley Watkins. 1 million.

Liam Walsh. 1 million. 

LEE, IF YOU HAVE PAID 8 MILLION EUROS/7 MILLION QUID FOR THIS GUY, YOU HAVE TO PLAY HIM REGULARLY IN THE FIRST TEAM. 

Djuric would have played more had he been fit.

Engvall would have had a better chance of making it with us if his attitude would have been much better.

I wouldn’t write off Taylor Moore just yet. 

Walsh, see above. 

Watkins is a load of horse shit, I’ll give you that one. 

11 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Assuming he signs, somehow we will need to remain patient and allow him time to adapt.

What, here on OTIB? No chance. If he's not the wonderkid people are hyping him up to be, OTIB will destroy him and the LJ/MA haters will have a field day.

For some on here, there's no concept of allowing a new player (especially an 18 year old) to settle in to a new country, city and team!

8 minutes ago, Xiled said:

He's a busy and neat player, no doubt about it.

But from the clips I've seen (this one included), he's given way more space and time than playing in the Championship will offer.

Really excited at the prospect but at €8M, there will be so much pressure on him to deliver - and LJ to pick him. Assuming he signs, somehow we will need to remain patient and allow him time to adapt.

The recent Bristol Post Hörður Magnússon article describes how steep the Championship switch can be.

From the (very) limited clips I've seen..

He looks to be always on the move during a game, always finding space, very good close control, always showing for the ball, lots of interceptions as well. It seems to me that he makes the space himself.

Also, he looks surprisingly tough to knock off the ball, very wiry.

Looks a lot older than he is on the pitch with his mature play.

42 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

What a laugh you are. Seem to remember SL thought he knew better than Coppell about signing a clapped-out ex-international goalie who spent all his time bollocking our defence for mistakes he had made.

But seriously if this means that SL has made one of the changes I've been praying for (ie. him keeping out of the football side) then I am thoroughly delighted and it is a genuine sign of change. The signing of this kiddie from Monaco is another massive indicator of significant change and ambition.

SL freely admits that he’s no football expert and I know 100% that he was not involved in  Coppell resignation.That was down entirely to Coppell realising that he’d fallen out of love with football. No doubt it was as much a surprise to SL as was to all of us. 

Why some fans think that SL ‘interferes’ with the squad is quite simply laughable and never ask why SL  employs the experienced people he does in MA and LJ.

25 minutes ago, wood_red said:

But it isn't just an opinion is it. It is posted to try and wind people up and basically just pee people off. A bit different than having a "differing" opinion than others and having a debate.

But there are a couple on here that post to be provocative - some very prolific! So just let it wash over you and don’t give him the bites he craves!    I don’t agree with his point but there may well be a more serious school of thought regards his overall premise that it is a lot of money for a kid with so few appearances. I’d imagine that 99.9% of the posters on here have never been heard of him before last night so 8 million is a lot of dough on what is still a punt whichever way you look at it. . Personally think it’s a punt worth taking if City believe him to be that good. But a punt nonetheless. 

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

From the (very) limited clips I've seen..

He looks to be always on the move during a game, always finding space, very good close control, always showing for the ball, lots of interceptions as well. It seems to me that he makes the space himself.

Also, he looks surprisingly tough to knock off the ball, very wiry.

Looks a lot older than he is on the pitch with his mature play.

I was like that in my playing days.

Unfortunately  I looked about 60 on the pitch even though I was only 30!

I can feel a theme developing at Ashton Gate inspired by the genius from Portishead

"Theese got 'un wer theese casn't back 'un 'asn't?" (Adge Cutler)

Verse 5

" One fine day on holiday they took the motor car abroad

with a brand new GB plate they'd 'ead fur France.

Cus Flo and Joe were keen to see the night delights of gay Paree

Spend an hour up the Eifell Tower an grab sum quick romance.

But up the Place Pigalle, they got stuck up uh back alley

woke up all everybody in Mon-Mart-ray                          

Gendarme says "Ooh-la, oui, oui".

Flo says "don't tell I tell 'ee".

They Parisites all shouted out real hearty"

Thees got un wer theese can't back un 'asn't?"

(jus waitin now fur Nah Nah or whatever 'is ****ing name is

to go moon bathin on the Malago)

5 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

I wonder if there's any link or coincidence to Kalifa Cisse being here too and his contacts.

Find it odd If he's that good that one the prem giants wouldn't have snapped him up / had him on there radars,

Very very bold and exciting signing, 

Considering he wants to leave Monaco to play first team football then I'd very much doubt if he would join a prem club.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From memory he’d scored something like 16 from the equivalent of 40-odd (90 min) games when he joined us.

Sure that would be illegal....but I like it!!

But what isn't illegal is Chelsea having a option to buy him.

Chelsea are a big fan of buy back clauses so an option to buy clause wouldn't surprise me.

We may have got cut price deals on the 3 we signed  in return for such a clause.

31 minutes ago, chowie said:

Is this true?

Not sure there are very many other clubs that have a purple and lime kit ?

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I like to think this was tied up a couple of days ago, he is already in Bristol, registered and 8n the team, and kept quiet just so when the managers come out Lee can wink at Bielsa and say ‘Didn’t research him, did you!’

Would love that, stick one on them.

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Considering he wants to leave Monaco to play first team football then I'd very much doubt if he would join a prem club.

But what isn't illegal is Chelsea having a option to buy him.

Chelsea are a big fan of buy back clauses so an option to buy clause wouldn't surprise me.

We may have got cut price deals on the 3 we signed  in return for such a clause.

Not sure there are very many other clubs that have a purple and lime kit ?

Just can’t remember us playing Monaco

Maenpaa/Bentley

Dijksteel  Kalas Hector. Dasilva

Brownhill Massengo

Eliasson.            Szmodics 

Palmer 

Nketiah

Who finishes higher than this team? Get those 2 or 3 more in after this guy and we will be unstoppable. Probably have the money left to do it.

If we can't get Nketiah then I'm hoping we have another big french prospect lined up. Not much left in this country up top that is realistic and is better than Fam. Nketiah though really would be perfect and compliment all our busy bees.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maenpaa/Bentley

Dijksteel  Kalas Hector. Dasilva

Brownhill Massengo

Eliasson.            Szmodics 

Palmer 

Nketiah

Who finishes higher than this team? Get those 2 or 3 more in after this guy and we will be unstoppable. Probably have the money left to do it.

If we can't get Nketiah then I'm hoping we have another big french prospect lined up. Not much left in this country up top that is realistic and is better than Fam. Nketiah though really would be perfect and compliment all our busy bees.

Jeez, that is some team !! ?

Archived