IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

sorry to be negative but is this lad the sort of signing we should be making.  we need proven championship players. on the leeds game we are light years behind them. the back 4 were all over the place. Taylor Moore is sadly not good enough and the same with Hunt. a big few days left of the transfer window.

Yes, this is exactly the sort of signing we should be making.

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Not sure how this signing helps LJ for the next few seasons, and how can we spend such a sum on a future player when the side is clearly lacking in forwards and central midfield ? Most bizarre signing, and judging by LJ comments, he is not too impressed with what the director of football, Mark Ashton is up to. To have signed 8 players and the coach says we still need 5 with 4 days of the transfer window to go, well that is rather worrying. Though even more worrying is that we do not seem to have any semblance of a footballing identity. Seems a lifetime since we saw that September to December purple patch of 2 seasons ago where it looked like something had clicked. Clearly it was an error and was not by design. 

Again, not sure what this signing means for this season, but I doubt that he will be ready for the rough and tumble of the Championship anytime soon, he looks a bit lightweight. 

I agree on the identity bit but as far as Massengo goes, sometimes you have to grasp the opportunity when it arises. If we didn't and he turned out to be a PL star in 3 years time people would be complaining that we didn't sign him when we had the chance.

In any business you need to look after the short and long term at the same time. In the past our approach has been far too short term.

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

sorry to be negative but is this lad the sort of signing we should be making.  we need proven championship players. on the leeds game we are light years behind them. the back 4 were all over the place. Taylor Moore is sadly not good enough and the same with Hunt. a big few days left of the transfer window.

Nothing is good enough for you, is it? You haven’t even seen the lad yet & despite MONACO fans rating him massively highly to the tune of him potentially being a France international, you have already made your mind up that he isn’t good enough.

And as for Taylor Moore not being good enough, you’ve probably picked out the one player who walked away with any credit from the Leeds game, his first start in the Championship for 3 years & against the bookies & many pundits favourites for the league & at 21 years-old, so let’s write him off!! Who do you suggest replacing him with? I’m intrigued to hear who you think should be coming in then? Because we’ve clearly been looking for players that aren’t good enough for you!

I’m dreading us signing Nketiah, limited games, no championship experience, not used to our style of play, not big enough, not strong enough! There you go, I’ve already loaded up your stick ready to beat him with!

17 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Not sure how this signing helps LJ for the next few seasons, and how can we spend such a sum on a future player when the side is clearly lacking in forwards and central midfield ? Most bizarre signing, and judging by LJ comments, he is not too impressed with what the director of football, Mark Ashton is up to. To have signed 8 players and the coach says we still need 5 with 4 days of the transfer window to go, well that is rather worrying. Though even more worrying is that we do not seem to have any semblance of a footballing identity. Seems a lifetime since we saw that September to December purple patch of 2 seasons ago where it looked like something had clicked. Clearly it was an error and was not by design. 

Again, not sure what this signing means for this season, but I doubt that he will be ready for the rough and tumble of the Championship anytime soon, he looks a bit lightweight. 

Judging by LJ comments, he is not too impressed by what MA is doing - what was said?

LJ has said its a big coup for us?

Perhaps he is seen as JBs replacement who is rumoured to be interesting Leicester?

3 minutes ago, Corshamred said:

It feels like an awful lot of money for a “one for the future” though.

I think the point is, LJ doesn’t expect him to come in and boss the team from day 1. But I suspect he’ll be in the squad for match 2 next weekend and his influence will steadily grow across the season. He may we’ll play some games for the under 23s to get him up to speed with our “philosophy”. 

2 minutes ago, Unan said:

Start him vs QPR

Be suprised if we did if he signs... as someone on sky said LJ thinks it takes 30 training sessions to used to his methods , I'm not saying he wont start sooner but wouldnt be suprised if LJ lets him settle unless Brownhill goes . 

12 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Be suprised if we did if he signs... as someone on sky said LJ thinks it takes 30 training sessions to used to his methods , I'm not saying he wont start sooner but wouldnt be suprised if LJ lets him settle unless Brownhill goes . 

Judging on yesterday’s performance it definitely takes more than 30 training sessions.  ;)

25 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Judging by LJ comments, he is not too impressed by what MA is doing - what was said?

LJ has said its a big coup for us?

Perhaps he is seen as JBs replacement who is rumoured to be interesting Leicester?

I doubt Leicester would've been impressed by yesterday's display

Just listened to ljs press conference, where he rolled out his list of players/ positions he wants in, and also said we cant rely on an 18 year old to be our saviour. Apart from thats what happened with semenyo last season, but i cant believe an 18 year old would come here from monaco with an 8 million price tag expecting to play every game and us not play him?? For us to spend that on a single player he needs to be playing every game and being one of our best players.

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

I'm not sure if it's the same thing @billywedlock is referring to, but in LJ's full post-match press conference audio there was a remarkable turn of phrase he used about MA which caught me cold too - didn't sound like a particularly close working relationship (or at least not all singing from the same sheet).

Something along the lines that when asked about MA saying we'd sign a proven number nine, LJ didn't seem convinced and said (didn't sound like humour) that MA was certainly putting himself under pressure - I read it as feeling we were setting ourselves up to fail and unconvinced we'd get such a player.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

I'm not sure if it's the same thing @billywedlock is referring to, but in LJ's full post-match press conference audio there was a remarkable turn of phrase he used about MA which caught me cold too - didn't sound like a particularly close working relationship (or at least not all singing from the same sheet).

Something along the lines that when asked about MA saying we'd sign a proven number nine, LJ didn't seem convinced and said (didn't sound like humour) that MA was certainly putting himself under pressure - I read it as feeling we were setting ourselves up to fail and unconvinced we'd get such a player.

I thought there were a couple of little signs in the interview that all was not super rosy between LJ and ‘the powers that be’, as he called it. 

Reading between the lines I took it as being unimpressed to be losing Webster when we did.  

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I thought there were a couple of little signs in the interview that all was not super rosy between LJ and ‘the powers that be’, as he called it. 

Reading between the lines I took it as being unimpressed to be losing Webster when we did.  

Yeah pretty much how i see it too. Also the comment about finding a homegrown to go on the bench seems to suggest the academy is out of ripe fruit for picking for now?!

To be honest, I think he was just trying to dampen expectations a little- around Massengo and transfers in general. Massengo is clearly going to be in the first team picture this season and there are only 4 days of the transfer window left, which is inherently risky in terms of getting the players you want. That said, LJ clearly felt at the start of the window that things would pan out a little differently. I think everyone (LJ included I guess) should hold fire until the window shuts before being too critical

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Judging on yesterday’s performance it definitely takes more than 30 training sessions.  ;)

Well, it was 3 transfer windows, now heading towards 30.

What’s a zero between friends? 

Probably means 300, if not, 3000 training sessions.

Looking at the utter shambles on that pitch yesterday, it seems our training is a bit pointless. Physically, nowhere near Leeds levels. Tactically, men vs boys. BTW Has Kalas put a bit of timber on? 

7 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Well, it was 3 transfer windows, now heading towards 30.

What’s a zero between friends? 

Probably means 300, if not, 3000 training sessions.

Looking at the utter shambles on that pitch yesterday, it seems our training is a bit pointless. Physically, nowhere near Leeds levels. Tactically, men vs boys. BTW Has Kalas put a bit of timber on? 

I think we all know Leeds are a bit of an anomaly right now - it's no surprise whatsoever that a Bielsa-led team is fitter and physically more ready than us at the start of the season. Whether that lasts the whole season is another question entirely.

We looked like a team that's still waiting for a few signings so we can play the way we really want to. And Kalas looked fine. Think people need to calm a lot.

27 minutes ago, Olé said:

24 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Struck me as nothing more than pure frustration, I am sure that MA is feeling the same frustration too. 

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

LJ methods? Can you fill me in to these?

22 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

30 sessions to learn how to lump it up to the big fellow up top surley thats 29 sessions to many

That made me chuckle when I heard it yesterday. People moan about Warnocks football but that first 70 mins was no different and minus any effect 

7 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Struck me as nothing more than pure frustration, I am sure that MA is feeling the same frustration too. 

Struck me as LJ knowing that this season the pressure is on him to deliver. No one else. He's getting a bit defensive and prickly.

The last few matches have been poor, he's prepared the players, and whatever he's done hasn't been effective. He's now been given his windows, got a host of signings...with doubtless more to come. The buck eventually stops with him. He's a good communicator, media friendly, but must realise that sooner rather than later the questions won't be about recruitment but will be about the use he's making of the talents he has at his disposal. About his talent as a manager. And he won't like those questions.

Signing a French wonderkid for a club record fee puts his talents as a coach firmly in the spotlight.

14 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

LJ methods? Can you fill me in to these?

11 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Messing around with drones and virtual reality instead of the basics? 

8 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

That made me chuckle when I heard it yesterday. People moan about Warnocks football but that first 70 mins was no different and minus any effect 

I came into the Transfer Forum to keep away from the moaning ***** who can't post anything positive after one game in the season, now it appears, I just have to **** off altogether for a few days. 

Archived