IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

after watching us yesterday and how our mastermind manager set us up, he may have had second thoughts!

I don’t think that how we set up cost us yesterday’s game. 

It was more the touch, speed & fluidity of Leeds’ play meant they were simply better than us. We are only likely to improve on that with better players. 

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Ha, just went and had a look for you, but no action I can see on roof. It's bad enough sitting here constantly refreshing, so have not got the time to sit with a camera looking out my bedroom window with a long lens, may also get neighbours thinking some sort of perv.

Was impressive to see how close you can get when you consider those photos were taken from 3 miles away as the crow flies.

New plan, anyone in the area got a drone? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I think we all know Leeds are a bit of an anomaly right now - it's no surprise whatsoever that a Bielsa-led team is fitter and physically more ready than us at the start of the season. Whether that lasts the whole season is another question entirely.

We looked like a team that's still waiting for a few signings so we can play the way we really want to. And Kalas looked fine. Think people need to calm a lot.

What's having Bielsa in charge got to do with fitness? 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I came into the Transfer Forum to keep away from the moaning ***** who can't post anything positive after one game in the season, now it appears, I just have to **** off altogether for a few days. 

Same here. Currently hanging out in here and the non-football forum to avoid the complete meltdown going on over in the main forum. 

Pleeeeeease let's annouce some signings today to distract everyone! 

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Same here. Currently hanging out in here and the non-football forum to avoid the complete meltdown going on over in the main forum. 

Pleeeeeease let's annouce some signings today to distract everyone! 

It's amazing how our Manager who has overseen season on season improvement is suddenly terrible because of one result against a very good Leeds team, isn't it? I am afraid there are a very vocal minority who have hated the guy since his playing days and would rather have the club fail than be proven wrong in their judgement.

10 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

What's having Bielsa in charge got to do with fitness? 

Famously has a faster and more physical pressing game than even Klopp, so his preseasons are properly gruelling and his teams always look fantastic at the beginning of the season. Of course, his teams do also have a history of running out of steam about three quarters through.

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t think that how we set up cost us yesterday’s game. 

It was more the touch, speed & fluidity of Leeds’ play meant they were simply better than us. We are only likely to improve on that with better players. 

Whilst i agree to a certain degree @Bar BS3. Fundamentality we seemed to go into yesterdays game with the same home tactics as last year. Hit the ball long to fammy, and hope to build on the second ball.

There also seemed yet again to be no plan b. Until we sent on the same replacements as last season to try and up the tempo, and get something back in the game.

It just felt like a Groundhog day from last season all over again; and so transparent. No wonder we dropped points against 6 of the bottom 8 at home.

The hopefully expected new arrivals may well be technically better than what we have. But are tactics going to change as well? Whilst apparently well suited to away games (3rd best);  they are woeful at home (17th). 

No matter what the standard of players you have on the pitch, you have to have the correct tactics to get the desired effect.

Of course, let's see where we are in the first 10 games. But teams will quickly suss us out again unless we adapt quickly.

3 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Whilst i agree to a certain degree @Bar BS3. Fundamentality we seemed to go into yesterdays game with the same home tactics as last year. Hit the ball long to fammy, and hope to build on the second ball.

There also seemed yet again to be no plan b. Until we sent on the same replacements as last season to try and up the tempo, and get something back in the game.

It just felt like a Groundhog day from last season all over again; and so transparent. No wonder we dropped points against 6 of the bottom 8 at home.

The hopefully expected new arrivals mat well be technically better than what we have. But are tactics going you change as well? Whilst apparently well suited to away games (3rd best);  they are woeful at home (17th). 

No matter what the standard of players you have on the pitch, you have to have the correct tactics to get the desired effect.

Of course, let's see where we are in the first 10 games. But teams will quickly suss us out again unless we adapt quickly.

IMO we need to go back to doing what we did very well for a lot of 17/18 which is high tempo and pressing from the front.

We just can’t do that with FD leading the line. 

We looked so much better with a front line of Eliasson / Pato / Weimann / Taylor because they’re all mobile and it injected that energy we needed. Those 4 moved more in ten minutes than most of the rest did for the whole game. 

I really hope we can get Nketiah over the line and finally get some much needed mobility up top. 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

IMO we need to go back to doing what we did very well for a lot of 17/18 which is high tempo and pressing from the front.

We looked so much better with a front line of Eliasson / Pato / Weimann / Taylor because they’re all mobile and it injected that energy we needed. Those 4 moved more in ten minutes than most of the rest did for the whole game. 

I really hope we can get Nketiah over the line and finally get some much needed mobility up top. 

We can do that with fd if our tactic was playing football instead of lumping it up forward,

we could have any striker in the world and they struggle to score with the tactics employed 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The set up with Fammy is obviously been effective last season away from home, as we were superb at times, and I can't remember us winning so many away games.

I see nothing wrong in adapting different systems for home and away games. As you say @BRISTOL86 we definitely need to up the tempo from the beginning at home.

The only game last season I remember doing that wad against WBA where we changed the formation, and caught them cold for the first 20 mins.

It came as no surprise thatbthid happened after we changed our tactics; from an otherwise transparent system of play

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's amazing how our Manager who has overseen season on season improvement is suddenly terrible because of one result against a very good Leeds team, isn't it? I am afraid there are a very vocal minority who have hated the guy since his playing days and would rather have the club fail than be proven wrong in their judgement.

Interesting interpretation of the word "suddenly".

But I certainly don't hate him. Not do I crave his failure. In fact he seems a pleasant guy. I just don't rate him. Very questionable transfer activity during his time here.

Under SL he has lead something of a charmed life imo.

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ran out of likes to like your post ?

If we're getting Nketiah I'd imagine it's on the promise to him and arsenal that he will get considerable game time. So that means playing with 2 up top with FD or dropping famara which I don't see him happening. Suppose Eddie could play wide but that might take away a lot of his goal threat 

7 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

If we're getting Nketiah I'd imagine it's on the promise to him and arsenal that he will get considerable game time. So that means playing with 2 up top with FD or dropping famara....

I think you are right, which now begs the question - where does Palmer fit into all this? I imagine he must also have been given certain assurances about game time in order to convince him to come back.

1 minute ago, Dingbat said:

I think you are right, which now begs the question - where does Palmer fit into all this? I imagine he must also have been given certain assurances about game time in order to convince him to come back.

Palmer will get minutes but it's moot. We don't have to pander to Chelsea as he's signed permanently so he'll do as he's told. 

46 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think it's more than that. After coming close last season, a lot of people think this could be our year. Losing to a good (albeit injury-hit) Leeds team is one thing, the complete lack of zest, shape or tactics is another. Add in the fact that we are still after 4-5 new players AFTER the season has started - all of whom could take time to bed in - and it doesn't paint LJ's management in a great light. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Palmer will get minutes but it's moot. We don't have to pander to Chelsea as he's signed permanently so he'll do as he's told. 

It wasn't Chelsea I was insinuating that we should pander to (or that we should pander to anyone for that matter). I'm just speculating that we could have a disgruntled marquee signing on our hands very soon if what most of us want to happen (2 up top), happens. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I came into the Transfer Forum to keep away from the moaning ***** who can't post anything positive after one game in the season, now it appears, I just have to **** off altogether for a few days. 

I can't remember a first day of the season  loss that has started an end of season wake. Has anyone mentioned the R word yet?

Having said that, it's good to see certain posters back on the forum- I sort of miss them when we're winning. I look forward to seeking them out once we get into gear and they magically disappear- both events being a certainty.

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think it's more than that. After coming close last season, a lot of people think this could be our year. Losing to a good (albeit injury-hit) Leeds team is one thing, the complete lack of zest, shape or tactics is another. Add in the fact that we are still after 4-5 new players AFTER the season has started - all of whom could take time to bed in - and it doesn't paint LJ's management in a great light. 

Exactly this. No shame in losing to Leeds but the performance was a disgrace and it should of been a wider winning margin. We looked like an absolute rabble. like a pub team. No shape, no apparent game plan. We were chasing shadows.

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I can't remember a first day of the season  loss that has started an end of season wake. Has anyone mentioned the R word yet?

Having said that, it's good to see certain posters back on the forum- I sort of miss them when we're winning. I look forward to seeking them out once we get into gear and they magically disappear- both events being a certainty.

Has Thatch35 surfaced yet? I am sure he must have booed his head off yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

From the Champions League to Cirencester Town on a Tuesday night.  That could turn any young man's head!

Oh what a night, you play Thursdays coz you're f......  s...., what a feeling, what a night

We'll make him feel at home

Archived