IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's not waste him and varied others by playing him in a '2' eh?

But just imagine if he turns out to be so good he can play in a 2! Imagine the possibilities that opens up.

I'm trying hard not to entertain these thoughts, to not get carried away, but keep coming back to the fact we are buying a player good enough to start Champions League games!!

One things for sure - there's a growing disparity between the quality of our recent signings and some others in the first team squad - players from Monaco, Chelsea and (fingers tightly crossed) Arsenal rubbing shoulders with players from Barnsley, Scunthorpe and ragbag Roverzzz. Weird.  

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I'm trying hard not to entertain these thoughts, to not get carried away, but keep coming back to the fact we are buying a player good enough to start Champions League games!! 

We had a guy good enough to start Champions League games, and we sold him to CSKA Moscow..!

47 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Interesting reading some Monaco views on Twitter. Even accounting for dodgy translation it seems as though they think he’s been really badly advised by his father in coming here.

We’ll show them when we finish 14th and go all the way to the third round of the Carabao Cup!

If his father has done his homework he'll know that if he has a good season with us we will almost certainly flog him to the Premier League. 

Wish I could get some 'bad' advice like that.

29 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We could play him in a two because of his movement and reading if the game

My point is bigger than us in isolation tbh.

To look to dominate the ball and the game, a 2 causes complications. He may well be able to overcome this but see Cowshed's excellent post the other day about 4-3-3 v 4-4-2 or similar and why 4-3-3 is now so popular. I know ours is a 4-2-3-1 but if Palmer is the central one of the 3, it can leave us short.

26 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Yeah, sorry. Wasn’t seeing he couldn’t deal with it, more making a point that our lack of passing yesterday was as much to do with Leeds brilliant press than anything 

He has to have equally adept players around him to negate any press and Palmer, Dasilva and Eliasson would be ideal and if we get Nketiah even more so

give him a month or so to bed in to the club and I am sure he will be a bright star for us

Cant wait to see him play as well as any more we bring in

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

You don't have to be a bed wetter to be completely bored with our inability to put in a good home performance. You know, the games we pay all that money to watch.

Didn't realise there was only one side on the pitch yesterday.

Interested to see your home form blueprint. Ticket prices a red herring- UK football is very expensive so it kinda cancels out.

17 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

But just imagine if he turns out to be so good he can play in a 2! Imagine the possibilities that opens up.

One things for sure - there's a growing disparity between the quality of our recent signings and some others in the first team squad - players from Monaco, Chelsea and (fingers tightly crossed) Arsenal rubbing shoulders with players from Barnsley, Scunthorpe and ragbag Roverzzz. Weird.  

I do agree, perhaps he and his quality can negate this! I hope it does.

Problem as I see it is it leaves us too open ay times and struggling to dominate the ball as much as perhaps we should. There are IMO some myths about our style of play and dominance. 

To rephrase it, even if he can manage, I remain unconvinced it'd get the best out of him or indeed varied others- ultimately our side.

Slightly barmy to think we’re signing someone considered so promising tbh.

While the performance Sunday left a lot to be desired, safe to say we’re not afraid to go out and get talent.

Hope the lad thrives and helps us out, and imagine we’ll make a fortune when he moves on if he lives up to his potential.

24 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I wouldn't get too excited, Jens Hegeler had played Champions League before we signed him.

1 minute ago, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

I wouldn't get too excited, Jens Hegeler had played Champions League before we signed him.

He was also a lot older than 18, and was never really fit whilst here. Also retired when he left us to concentrate on his "stats" business.

Bit of a non comment really.

Archived