IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Interesting reading some Monaco views on Twitter. Even accounting for dodgy translation it seems as though they think he’s been really badly advised by his father in coming here.

We’ll show them when we finish 14th and go all the way to the third round of the Carabao Cup!

I am actually still rather peeved that the Monaco fans have been calling us Bristol Buggering Slags. I know they are disappointed, which indicates that we have captured a very good player, but to call us Bristol Buggering Slags is insulting, particularly as a good 90% of us are nothing of the sort.

12 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Massengo Whoah

Massengo Whoah

He comes from Monaco

And now he lives in Knowle

Nice. I was thinking more along the lines of nicking Havana by Camilla Cebello which seems to have been everywhere for the last year:

Han Noah, ooh na-na 
Half of his heart is Monaco, ooh-na-na 
We took him back to West Knowla, na-na-na
Oh, now we all love Han Noah 
There's somethin' 'bout his tekkers 
Han Noah, ooh na-na 

5 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I am actually still rather peeved that the Monaco fans have been calling us Bristol Buggering Slags. I know they are disappointed, which indicates that we have captured a very good player, but to call us Bristol Buggering Slags is insulting, particularly as a good 90% of us are nothing of the sort.

I would say its nearer 50% tbh and the Monaco fans have done their due diligence. I reckon I saw at least 10k buggering slags yesterday 

We were told that there would be bold transfers during this window and this certainly ticks that box! Up until forty eight hours ago I’d never heard of Han-Noah Massengo, now I’m really looking forward to seeing him make a brilliant and positive contribution at BCFC. Apparently he is LJ’s 52nd signing!

It fair to say that we have a mixed experience with quite a number of our signings during the tenure of LJ and perhaps more particularly with some of our foreign purchases. Very few of us had heard of Kodja, Engvall, Magnússon, Duric or Diony (to name just a few) before we signed them....as we know for some of these players their time at BCFC certainly didn’t end in success! Indeed, many would say that the success, or otherwise, of Diedhiou remains contested and is still widely debated.

LJ has claimed that Massengo is a ‘diamond’ and that him signing is a ‘coup’, I certainly hope so and ultimately of course only time will tell. What we already know is that Kasey Palmer’s reign as the player with the most outrageous hair was short-lived ?

Welcome to BS3 Han-Noah, here’s to your massive success with Bristol City FC. 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/massengo-is-a-robin/

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I'm impressed that we have gone for this lad but in hindsight, why us and not a bigger club or a higher profile club??

This kind of transfer is quite common these days. Players like him, Erling Haaland, Ianis Hagi etc go to clubs like Salzburg and Genk cause they’ll get game time they wouldn’t at the big boys. That’s exactly why Han left Monaco. 

9 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

And the other 10% hail from Horfield.

12 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I'm impressed that we have gone for this lad but in hindsight, why us and not a bigger club or a higher profile club??

It’s a good question. I wonder if he purely sees us as a stepping stone to the promised land rapido i.e. next summer.

Would not be a surprise if that is how we ‘sold’ the move to him. We win by having him for the year and hopefully performing added to a huge profit next summer.

9 minutes ago, bris red said:

It does make you wonder doesn’t it.. looks to be a cracking signing though.

We can prove to players and agents that we develop players, have a good project going and if they progress faster than us we will not stand in their way if a bigger club comes in. 

13 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Archived