IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

So let's assume the rumours about Brownhill going to Leicester are bull, where does Massengo play?

I'm hoping in place of Pack, otherwise with 2 up front if we get this mystery striker and 1 wide man, there are only 3 midfield spots for 6 centre mid players;  Pack, Walsh, Brownhill, Pato, Palmer and Szmodics. It's fairly obvious LJ does not 'trust' Walsh and Pato more likely to be cameo roles if not sold, but that's still 4 players to fill 3 spots and that's not counting when Korey is back.

38 minutes ago, City_pete1 said:

I am happy of course, but I cannot get my head around this one... He is 18 and played a few games in the CL and is a 'hot prospect', then he signs for a championship team and in his first interview talks about getting back into the CL. 

The only motivation I can see as possible, that I hope is true, is he is dropping down intentionally to try and play more games. Otherwise this just doesn't make sense to me...

Fingers crossed we have a gem on our hands.

More likely that BCFC, particularly in France, has a growing reputation of signing players, improving players, and not standing in the way of players when a Prem team comes calling. 

We are seen as a team that talented players are now happy to come to, and so what if it’s a stepping stone in their career. We get to see some quality players and if they don’t make it to the Prem / CL with us then we’ve given them the opportunity to showcase their talent, give them the experience and allowed them to progress their career. 

I don’t have any problem with this. 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

It’s a good question. I wonder if he purely sees us as a stepping stone to the promised land rapido i.e. next summer.

Would not be a surprise if that is how we ‘sold’ the move to him. We win by having him for the year and hopefully performing added to a huge profit next summer.

I would imagine exactly this.

GmGface is saying that the £7-8m fee quoted in France isn't right. So maybe it isn't as huge a gamble as it seems.

Will be interesting to see what exactly he says the number was. Hasn't said what it was in the article on the BP site - little tease.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/han-noah-massengo-reveals-chose-3177742

Maybe the lad just wants to play football, he never got a sniff after Henry was sacked and became frustrated,

he’s seen how young players get treated here and wants to be a part of it,

he won’t be with us for long and we will get more for him then we did for webster, 

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Maybe the lad just wants to play football, he never got a sniff after Henry was sacked and became frustrated,

he’s seen how young players get treated here and wants to be a part of it,

he won’t be with us for long and we will get more for him then we did for webster, 

Or alternatively he could be like that highly rated youngster Ryan Kent who came here from a massive club and proved he couldn't do it in this league.

To most this signing came out the blue but this is something we worked on last summer as are under 23 squad played Monico last year and that's where connections we're made. LJ flew out and watched him on several occasions 1 of which I believe was a champions league game. Also he was tipped to go to Chelsea but with their embargo it wasn't possible. This for me is where I think we have been very clever and MA in particular as we've signed him on a 4yr deal and wouldn't mind betting his next destination will be Chelsea...... 

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Or alternatively he could be like that highly rated youngster Ryan Kent who came here from a massive club and proved he couldn't do it in this league.

Or he could be the next Gustav Engval and never really get a proper chance at City!

16 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

To most this signing came out the blue but this is something we worked on last summer as are under 23 squad played Monico last year and that's where connections we're made. LJ flew out and watched him on several occasions 1 of which I believe was a champions league game. Also he was tipped to go to Chelsea but with their embargo it wasn't possible. This for me is where I think we have been very clever and MA in particular as we've signed him on a 4yr deal and wouldn't mind betting his next destination will be Chelsea...... 

IIRC the last player we signed after playing against our youth team was Clive Whitehead, and he didn't turn out too bad. Didn't cost 8 million mind.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know it’s youtube or Wyscout clips....but eff me, this kid is playing give and gets in the Champions League.

Whether he adjusts to our Champ I’ve no idea, but he is like Fabregas.

I was thinking of Fabregas yesterday and thinking he could be similar. Not the biggest but controlled midfields from what 18/19yrs old? Technique, composure and excellent passing but also stick a foot in 

13 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Must be one of the strangest transfers in the history of the club. Literally no idea if he's any good, seems crazy money to me. You get a player of Kalas quality for that. 

I guess he won't be warming the bench, good luck kid. 

Have you not read the conspiracy theory that City are signing him as Chelsea currently have a transfer ban in place? They have been aware of this kid for a while so we are doing them a favour by bringing him to England. Assuming the lad does well Chelsea will have first refusal on him once their ban expires.

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

With all respect, that is utter nonsense.

We agree to do that THEN get found out, the punishment would make going into Administration look like a walk in the park.

Remember the background of our owner - there is no way in the world he would be party to any of that.

SL alluded in his interview about how our relationships with bigger clubs have taken us into a different world in terms of players.

No rules would be broken if Chelsea had ‘recommended’ him and in honesty I think it makes perfect sense. 

I’m not saying that’s what happened etc but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him end up at Chelsea in a couple of years for 20m+

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Have you not read the conspiracy theory that City are signing him as Chelsea currently have a transfer ban in place? They have been aware of this kid for a while so we are doing them a favour by bringing him to England. Assuming the lad does well Chelsea will have first refusal on him once their ban expires.

Pure wild speculation on your part.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That was all that was, a conspiracy theory, freely admitted by the poster.

Or have you seen this on the OS?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I know it’s youtube or Wyscout clips....but eff me, this kid is playing give and gets in the Champions League.

Whether he adjusts to our Champ I’ve no idea, but he is like Fabregas.

Oh stop it... If you keep talking like this my house will be up for sale and I'll be moving back to Bristol.... 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'll wait until this is on the OS, otherwise it just isn't true. 

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Don’t half talk some bollocks

For Massengo, I will not be surprised that in 3 months Henry arrives as a coach and begins to place his balls during the transfer window

I had the 'misfortune' (I saw Bristol on the title I zapped out of curiosity) to watch on Bein Sunday aprem against Leeds but what a disaster this team of serious broken arms. Already Leeds (on this game I've never seen others) it was bad but Bristol except the black in the middle that has made 2/3 breakthroughs interesting, the rest is 0.

https://liveteam-asm.com/AsmForum/index.php?/topic/1085-han-noah-massengo/&do=findComment&comment=248919

Archived