IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

I’m a bit confused by this signing, as I’m sure some others are. 

What’s the new plan for the team? Where does Han-Noah fit in? Will any established players be leaving? Will there be a new striker?

It just feels a bit of a shambles at the moment. Good luck to the lad, and welcome to City, though.

1 hour ago, Unan said:

For Massengo, I will not be surprised that in 3 months Henry arrives as a coach and begins to place his balls during the transfer window

I had the 'misfortune' (I saw Bristol on the title I zapped out of curiosity) to watch on Bein Sunday aprem against Leeds but what a disaster this team of serious broken arms. Already Leeds (on this game I've never seen others) it was bad but Bristol except the black in the middle that has made 2/3 breakthroughs interesting, the rest is 0.

https://liveteam-asm.com/AsmForum/index.php?/topic/1085-han-noah-massengo/&do=findComment&comment=248919

Huh?

1 hour ago, Unan said:

For Massengo, I will not be surprised that in 3 months Henry arrives as a coach and begins to place his balls during the transfer window

I had the 'misfortune' (I saw Bristol on the title I zapped out of curiosity) to watch on Bein Sunday aprem against Leeds but what a disaster this team of serious broken arms. Already Leeds (on this game I've never seen others) it was bad but Bristol except the black in the middle that has made 2/3 breakthroughs interesting, the rest is 0.

https://liveteam-asm.com/AsmForum/index.php?/topic/1085-han-noah-massengo/&do=findComment&comment=248919

I’m guessing this is a translation of a comment on the Monaco forum? 

11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

My take on this signing. Is he has huge ambitions to play in the premiership. And see us as the perfect stepping stone . The fee is not 8 million euros as reported. Apparently. He has huge potential and we will end up selling him for 40 million. All my opinion 

What is the fee then. 

47 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He isn’t though, there really are people who believe we’ve signed him for Chelsea when there embargo lifts

...and goodness knows why they believe that when there is a thread on this forum written by the originator of the Chelsea idea explaining that it was 'idle speculation' on his part and had no basis in fact whatsoever. To their credit they've taken the time to explain this. This is one of those baseless conspiracy stories that has the potential to do damage, suggesting that the club and its officials are less than open and honest.

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

What is the fee then. 

its undisclosed, therefore unless you are an employee of BCFC in the heart of the finances you will not know.  Everything on the forum is pure speculation and  also from the media.  I am sure M  Ashton will come out and tell us at some stage. (confident it is below Kalas fee or we would be announcing a record signing?)

25 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...and goodness knows why they believe that when there is a thread on this forum written by the originator of the Chelsea idea explaining that it was 'idle speculation' on his part and had no basis in fact whatsoever. To their credit they've taken the time to explain this. This is one of those baseless conspiracy stories that has the potential to do damage, suggesting that the club and its officials are less than open and honest.

A fib/rumour/Otib post gets halfway around the world before Robbored comes on and makes the thread all about himself. Or something. Winston Churchill. 

55 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’m a bit confused by this signing, as I’m sure some others are. 

What’s the new plan for the team? Where does Han-Noah fit in? Will any established players be leaving? Will there be a new striker?

It just feels a bit of a shambles at the moment. Good luck to the lad, and welcome to City, though.

Super kid gets Brownhill's role, Brownhill replaces Pack

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So it could be 39 million.

Meaning selling him for 40 million wouldn't be a great deal.

Could be if that’s what you think. This is what I read this morning 

Gotcha: Massengo signs

The big news from last night: Han-Noah Massengo signs for Bristol City.

What a start to the week and hopefully one of a number of new City signings.

Details: four-year deal, for a fee that we understand will be LESS than the £7 Million reported elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Bonkers signing..

This is not the player we need for this kind of €€ at this stage of his development and ours - we're trying to run before we can walk.

Baffling use of our money when players who can affect/improve the starting eleven right now are badly needed.

How is it our money? Fairly sure my S/T just about pays one cleaner for a couple of weeks so I have not contributed

27 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Bonkers signing..

This is not the player we need for this kind of €€ at this stage of his development and ours - we're trying to run before we can walk.

Baffling use of our money when players who can affect/improve the starting eleven right now are badly needed.

You think this lad can’t improve/affect the starting eleven? All he’ll have to do is turn up and put a kit on and he’ll be our best player. 

Doing some digging - and don’t want to dampen the excitement about signing this lad, he looks a very smooth player and good technically , two footed, and may become a very good player at Championship Level and beyond , and the little we have seen looks really promising

Im sure he will get his chance fairly quickly , but to expect him to come in and transform us as a side , as , reading some comments , I suspect some seem to think , may be asking a bit much 

Yes this lad has played in the Champions League and as @Davefevs has highlighted , looked comfortable and playing ‘pass and gos’ with confidence and comfort

The label as ‘wonderkid’ that’s emerged around this transfer and thrown around may (or may not) be a heavy and unfair burden and unfairly fuel false expectations

Think we have to remember the context in which he made his debut (Still an achievement !)

Here is a extract from an article on Thierry Henry’s reign at Monaco and ‘what went wrong’.

(Henry was in the throes a disastrous start to his reign ).  - over to the article.....

Going into Tuesday’s Champions League game against Bruges after an insipid performance and sorry domestic defeat at Reims, Henry hoped to see a positive reaction. His side started brightly but once they conceded, they collapsed. They were 3-0 down by the 24th minute. Henry bemoaned “schoolboy errors” from his players and a tendency to “give up” as soon as things went against them. Most of Monaco’s hardcore supporters had left in disgust before Club Brugge struck their fourth goal late in the second half.

Against Club Brugge the best home player was Sofiane Diop, an 18-year-old who had not played a senior game before this season. Two of the substitutes that Henry introduced in a slightly desperate search for hope on Tuesday were even younger and less experienced, the 17-year-old pair Han-Noah Massengo and Gobe Gouano.

“I wanted to see if they had the stomach for the fight even if it’s not easy making your debut at 3-0 down,” explained Henry. “I don’t have many players available so I’m looking for ones who are going to run and show desire. If the young ones do that, they will play. Youngsters have no fear and maybe that’s what we need at the moment. We have to get that feeling back.”

Henry, of course, is also a rookie, in managerial terms, and he cannot draw on his playing career for first-hand knowledge of surviving a scrap against relegation. In his five games so far there has been no sign of tactical naivety, no reason to doubt his ideas. The doubt that lingers, however, is about his ability to rally a team by something other than his own exemplary performances on the pitch

35 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Bonkers signing..

Is it though? Unless it goes spectacularly wrong, we will almost certainly make a profit on this kid and all going well we'll sell for £20m+ in 2 years or so.

Also, we've just sold Webster for £22m. Minus £7m, we still have £15m to affect/improve the starting eleven right now.

On a side note for those that do/don't believe the Chelsea speculation, its hardly the most wild conspiracy theory in the world? We have a known link with Chelsea, they can't sign anyone, we sign some French kiddie almost matching our transfer record. It's not inconceivable there is some agreement. It's more believable than the Rooney link in another thread!

He is 18 not 15. We have seen 18 year olds do well in the lower leagues and higher. I am not expecting a Ruben Neves type impact but he should be getting a fair few minutes and looks like he could contribute for sure. We need to give him time though. I am sure he will be twice the player in game 15 compared to game 5. So lets let him settle, make the bench for a month, play in cup games and by October hopefully be starting. 

3 hours ago, Unan said:

For English, press 1.

46 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Bonkers signing..

He is a defensive midfielder we haven’t got a defensive midfielder so we badly need one,

and you are trying to tell us that we shouldnt sign a potential star who has been capped for France at youth level?

are you stupid?

22 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

So, is Mssengo going to help fire us to the Premier League, or is he another to use us as the famous Stepping Stone to the promised land?

Well I'd be surprised if he had a Bristol City duvet set as a kid and had a City wall clock in his studio apartment in Monaco. He obviously sees this as a stepping stone but that is how it would've been sold to him. It's a case of get this club promoted or do well and we'll sell you for a lot of money, 

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He is a defensive midfielder we haven’t got a defensive midfielder so we badly need one,

and you are trying to tell us that we shouldnt sign a potential star who has been capped for France at youth level?

are you stupid?

Are you sure he's a defensive midfielder?  Genuine question, I don't have a clue.

I thought Rowe was on the books to do that job (and to cover LB).  And no, that's not a joke, the club obviously liked Rowe enough as a top League One player to make the step up to the Championship.

Wouldn't surprise me if Massengo doesn't feature in the first team for a while - surely he'll need a substantial period of time to be ready for the demands of the Championship.

Archived