IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The Monaco fans are well annoyed with the club constantly selling off their best players.

The Monaco fans are well annoyed with the club constantly selling off their best players.

The fact they're calling us Bristol Buggering Slags and not offering to drive/pilot him to Bristol themselves for that money shows that he is a bloody good player and highly regarded.

What a time this is to be a City fan. Never heard of this kiddy but being linked with, let alone (hopefully) signing a player of this calibre from a club like Monaco shows the direction in which the club is moving (irrespective of whether we’re signing him on Chelsea’s behalf!). Exciting times.

Particularly impressive is how this has gone completely under the radar and not reported in the press. We do our business in a very savvy way nowadays and fair play to Ashton for this.

Would it be a surprise if we spend big money again on a striker from France in the coming days? Not for me. Announce Mbappe ? 

COYR

32 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If we don't announce him from the top of the Novers like this then I'm going to lose all faith in our media team.

2670c70a5211c9fde54d0060d23544a6.png

We buy Webster for £3.6m andsell him to Brighton for £22m.

We use some of the profit to buy this lad for £7m and how much will we sell him for in a season or two's time?

It's the circle, the circle of (football) life!

1 minute ago, lenred said:

He may be spouting rollocks but let’s not ban people for having an opinion - it’s a football forum not a dictatorship! 

That's why I suggested to change his name to ObviousGas before, don't want this place to become an echo chamber

For all the people stating that we should be concentrating on the first team rather than some wonder kid for in a season or twos time: this kid is coming in to play first team football; why would he leave Monaco reserves for Bristol City reserves? LJ obviously thinks he can play straight away and the talent level he has seems to be off the chart. I suspect we'll see a change of formation though and play 3 in midfield a little more to protect the kid

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

For all the people stating that we should be concentrating on the first team rather than some wonder kid for in a season or twos time: this kid is coming in to play first team football; why would he leave Monaco reserves for Bristol City reserves? LJ obviously thinks he can play straight away and the talent level he has seems to be off the chart. I suspect we'll see a change of formation though and play 3 in midfield a little more to protect the kid

Very true. We wouldn't be spending this amount for a development player. I still expect it'll take a month or so to see him on a regular basis though for him to get up to speed with our way of playing. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

My point is about his ability being way above our level at the moment 

Surely that is exactly the type of players we want if we are to continue to improve.

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

It’s says he’s had offers from all around Europe. But it was the opportunity to have a Clarke’s pie that swayed his decision 

You missed out the part at the end where he mentioned the chance of an away day to the DW stadium to see Crusty the Pie was too good to turn down. 

Archived