IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

Dolman_Stand

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

SL freely admits that he’s no football export and I know 100% that he was not involved in  Coppell resignation.That was down entirely to Coppell realising that he’d fallen out of love with football. No doubt it was as much a surprise to SL as was to all of us. 

Why some fans think that SL ‘interferes’ with the squad is quite simply laughable and never ask why SL  employs the experienced people he does in MA and LJ.

You are being evasive. It's obvious why Coppel resigned, we all know why - SL insisted on getting James without Coppel's agreement. What would you expect Coppel to do in that situation Ask the Chairman of St Johnstone FC. if SL was interferring during the negotiations to get Derek McInnes. With all due respect to Keith Dawe, he was SLs puppet during this time.. SL was interfering when he was supposed to have retired as Chairman.

I repeat, if SL has changed I am delighted. It's all I ever wanted. I didn't want him ever to go, just to realise what he is and isn't good at regarding BCFC. SL doesn't need you to re-write events.

43 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

LEE JOHNSON'S WASTED MILLIONS ON NON FIRST-TEAM REGULARS.

Milan Duric. 1.7 million.

Gustav Engvall. 1.6 million.

Taylor Moore. 1.5 million.

Marley Watkins. 1 million.

Liam Walsh. 1 million. 

LEE, IF YOU HAVE PAID 8 MILLION EUROS/7 MILLION QUID FOR THIS GUY, YOU HAVE TO PLAY HIM REGULARLY IN THE FIRST TEAM. 

Lee, ignore this. Pick the best 11 to win the game based on ability, form and tactics. Not how much you paid for them.

Oh, and well done on transfer dealings that  have brought about five consecutive seasons of improvement without risking the club’s financial security.

2 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

You are being evasive. It's obvious why Coppel resigned, we all know why - SL insisted on getting James without Coppel's agreement. What would you expect Coppel to do in that situation Ask the Chairman of St Johnstone FC. if SL was interferring during the negotiations to get Derek McInnes. With all due respect to Keith Dawe, he was SLs puppet during this time.. SL was interfering when he was supposed to have retired as Chairman.

I repeat, if SL has changed I am delighted. It's all I ever wanted. I didn't want him ever to go, just to realise what he is and isn't good at regarding BCFC. SL doesn't need you to re-write events.

SL has made many many mistakes over the years. He freely admits this. Especially when he had more day to day control over the club. He recognised that he wasn't a footballing person and that he needed to step away and employ footballing people to run the club and know one can argue that since he stepped away we have gone from strength to strength and that was the best decision he ever made. 

3 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

It’s not “obvious” at all why Coppell resigned and we don’t “all know why” he left.

You are speculating and claiming to speak for everyone. We don’t know the details behind his departure.

If he left simply because of a disagreement over a transfer, why did he retire from football altogether (at the time)?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/12/steve-coppell-resigns-bristol-city

A ridiculous conspiracy theory SK - ludicrously waaay off what actually happened.

Btw SL never needed to ‘change’ anything but you seemed utterly convinced that he interfered with the squad. You carry on believing what you like...........:cool2:

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

SL has made many many mistakes over the years. He freely admits this. Especially when he had more day to day control over the club. He recognised that he wasn't a footballing person and that he needed to step away and employ footballing people to run the club and know one can argue that since he stepped away we have gone from strength to strength and that was the best decision he ever made. 

Thanks mate for an honest statement of the facts.

30 minutes ago, lenred said:

But there are a couple on here that post to be provocative - some very prolific! So just let it wash over you and don’t give him the bites he craves!    I don’t agree with his point but there may well be a more serious school of thought regards his overall premise that it is a lot of money for a kid with so few appearances. I’d imagine that 99.9% of the posters on here have never been heard of him before last night so 8 million is a lot of dough on what is still a punt whichever way you look at it. . Personally think it’s a punt worth taking if City believe him to be that good. But a punt nonetheless. 

We all have our moments (Me as much as most ) but this particular posters posts are just permanently ridiculous idiotic rants mate

Add to a strong suspicion about his user name and he’s either a SAG Or a complete bell end

I suspect the former , and is he’s justa SAG , certainly not good enough reason to get rid IMHO

But a SAG who is only on here to be a complete **** ???

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maenpaa/Bentley

Dijksteel  Kalas Hector. Dasilva

Brownhill Massengo

Eliasson.            Szmodics 

Palmer 

Nketiah

Who finishes higher than this team? Get those 2 or 3 more in after this guy and we will be unstoppable. Probably have the money left to do it.

If we can't get Nketiah then I'm hoping we have another big french prospect lined up. Not much left in this country up top that is realistic and is better than Fam. Nketiah though really would be perfect and compliment all our busy bees.

Think this is basically the team, with Pack, Paterson, Weimann rotating through the high workload positions

47 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

What, here on OTIB? No chance. If he's not the wonderkid people are hyping him up to be, OTIB will destroy him and the LJ/MA haters will have a field day.

For some on here, there's no concept of allowing a new player (especially an 18 year old) to settle in to a new country, city and team!

That's why Kalifa Cisse is here .

45 minutes ago, Swede said:

He's in Clifton as we speak, just outside a newsagents with 20 Rothmans on the phone to Curbishley about renting one of his houses

Just arrived on the terrace of the "Avon Gorge".......I'm introducing him to the delights of a local apple based health drink.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We all have our moments (Me as much as most ) but this particular posters posts are just permanently ridiculous idiotic rants mate

Add to a strong suspicion about his user name and he’s either a SAG Or a complete bell end

I suspect the former , and is he’s justa SAG , certainly not good enough reason to get rid IMHO

But a SAG who is only on here to be a complete **** ???

Fair enough mate. Tbf I can’t in all honestly remember/recognise him or her. However if they are that sad that this is the only way they can get their kicks then mores the pity for them I reckon - as with all internet trolls!  

Just now, soultrader said:

Why a huge gamble?

Presumably BCFC have done some background checks etc on him?

Any transfer is a gamble to some degree

And he’s (Just) turned 18, lots of potential , but so have dozens of players over the years whose careers wilted

€8 million is a massive fee for us , and a big chunk of our budget

(I’m not criticising , merely explaining) 

Exciting , intriguing .................but a ‘gamble’ (Of sorts)  for sure !

2 minutes ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Think this is basically the team, with Pack, Paterson, Weimann rotating through the high workload positions

Yep, we'd have fantastic depth to come in.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A ridiculous conspiracy theory SK - ludicrously waaay off what actually happened.

Btw SL never needed to ‘change’ anything but you seemed utterly convinced that he interfered with the squad. You carry on believing what you like...........:cool2:

You contradict yourself (you say SL appointed football people because he acknowledged he wasn't a football expert and stepped aside and next you say he never needed to change?) and avoid the points you find difficult in honest argument. Please tell me why the 6th largest city in England we didn't achieve Premiership football pre-FFP under a billionaire owner.

Check out Up the City's honest statement of the facts about SL.

1 minute ago, soultrader said:

Why a huge gamble?

Presumably BCFC have done some background checks etc on him?

Surely no-one could say this isn't a risky signing?

Pretty much a record fee (matching Kalas) , only played a few first team games in a totally different football environment.

Plenty of U18 internationals fail to make it in men's football.

If Chelsea bought him it would be no big deal. For us it would represent a big gamble due to the size of the fee and what we could have bought if we'd gone for someone who'd already done it in the championship.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Check his latest offerings

What does that add to any forum ?

Cant be bothered to waste my time tbh Bob. I’ll take your word for it as a respected poster! Just think it’s important to encourage all views - as always - but didn’t know there was ‘previous’ here. Anyway - back on track. This could be an exciting one eh?  Bee crying out for a decent midfielder. 

23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

OTIB reaches its prime when people start researching flights. 

I ******* love it. 

It will go up a level when someone posts a picture of someone's feet walking through an airport

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Cant be bothered to waste my time tbh Bob. I’ll take your word for it as a respected poster! Just think it’s important to encourage all views - as always - but didn’t know there was ‘previous’ here. Anyway - back on track. This could be an exciting one eh?  Bee crying out for a decent midfielder. 

A real crossroads for Bristol City mate IMHO

Exciting , Interesting And somewhat bewildering at times  !! 

Probably , very much  , the most eventful and intriguing in my time following City

You contradict yourself (you say SL appointed football people because he acknowledged he wasn't a football expert and stepped aside and next you say he never needed to change?) and avoid the points you find difficult in honest argument. Please tell me why the 6th largest city in England we didn't achieve Premiership football pre-FFP under a billionaire owner.

Check out Up the City's honest statement of the facts about SL.

Jeez.........I give up...........:dunno:

Archived