Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Dolman_Stand

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

1 minute ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

They are usually the ones that have substance. And have worked well for us in the past. I love a rumour that comes directly from abroad, would be very strange for them to link us to players without there being any truth.

is it bad that I watched the video and am already thinking about how much we could demand for him in the future?

The kid could be one of the most exciting players we have had play at Ashton Gate if he develops well. Looks very confident with the ball.

Cisse...

• Like 1

Seems like a lot of an 18 year old especially when we need a striker and a defender.
He's rated very highly and Henry really talked him up last season but seems weird that we'd be paying a near club record fee for a young lad in a position we actually have quite a lot of depth in. Also, if he's a defensive midfielder surely this would be the end of Korey for us what with his injuries and such a huge fee on a player who plays in his position?

Oh I do love the way we go about business these days. Bang, out of nowhere, a name no one has anticipated. Just like the Kodjia signing, first report to unveiling was really fast. 

• Like 5

Just now, Spike said:

Seems like a lot of an 18 year old especially when we need a striker and a defender.
He's rated very highly and Henry really talked him up last season but seems weird that we'd be paying a near club record fee for a young lad in a position we actually have quite a lot of depth in. Also, if he's a defensive midfielder surely this would be the end of Korey for us what with his injuries and such a huge fee on a player who plays in his position?

A lot of depth? I don’t think we have one truly defensive minded midfielder at the club do we?! A position we’ve been crying out for forever. 

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Do we really have depth at CDM? 

• Like 1

Hadn’t ever heard of him before seeing the link of twitter. He looks a huge talent (can only go off that single YouTube video). I would be extremely excited about this, £8m may seem a lot but this kid could be worth triple that off the back of his first season.

If he was to add some muscle mass he could become an incredible DM with his ability on the ball.

This could be one to really excite the fans.

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

Hadn’t ever heard of him before seeing the link of twitter. He looks a huge talent (can only go off that single YouTube video). I would be extremely excited about this, £8m may seem a lot but this kid could be worth triple that off the back of his first season.

If he was to add some muscle mass he could become an incredible DM with his ability on the ball.

This could be one to really excite the fans.

One good season with us and we could be looking at doubling the fee we got for Webster.

8 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

He looks really good. Shame about the Jamie Afro hair though

Some French bloke on Twitter described him as "Very very good" 

Didn’t tweet ‘ mange tout’ or ‘ bain marie’ during that tweet did he? COYR 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Looks to be a deep lying playmaker.

He’ll be in the 3 players behind diedhiou for sure, he’s tiny he’ll have no chance playing deep playmaker just yet 

Just now, Spike said:

even with depth our midfield is not great

Seeing as we've just got palmer and Sammy who play similar roles as this lad could we see palmer up top? 

Saw a tweet saying he' could he similar to Modric. If so then we'll have to give him considerable game time 

4 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Clearly not a centre midfielder is he, looks like another Palmer type player but exciting none the less 

Thought I was the only one who noticed. Seems to be a lot of him wide left. COYR 

• Hmmm 1

Just now, paul_fox said:

Seeing as we've just got palmer and Sammy who play similar roles as this lad could we see palmer up top? 

Saw a tweet saying he' could he similar to Modric. If so then we'll have to give him considerable game time 

Think he's more of a threat to Pack and Brownhill than the attacking players at our disposal, if this is the level we are aiming at then the striker we go for is going to be very exciting

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

I think this lad plays as a defensive mid/deep playmaker not a number ten like Palmer or Sammy. The usual sources have him down as a defensive mid which we’re absolute crying out for. He looks like a true box to box player to me from what I can see. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

Give Mark Ashton a Knighthood

Lets see how the "Wonder Kid" fits & settles in first but have to admit does sound exciting, even for an old fella like me.

If that article is correct and there is a 20% sell-on then we'd need to sell him for 10 million Euros just to make 400k euros profit, that sounds very risky business.

• Confused 4
  • Aubergine 2

I think there may be a bigger picture, in terms of the way we will be playing this season, than any of us anticipated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohbasso said:

Never heard of this kid five minutes ago, now I’m so excited I won’t be able to sleep.

Webster who?

Just now, downendcity said:

I think there may be a bigger picture, in terms of the way we will be playing this season, than any of us anticipated.

Seems as if we are going for a 4-2-3-1?

• Like 1

Just now, Spike said:

If that article is correct and there is a 20% sell-on then we'd need to sell him for 10 million Euros just to make 400k euros profit, that sounds very risky business.

I think the risk would have been factored in. I.E. we wont be selling him for 10million.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think this lad plays as a defensive mid/deep playmaker not a number ten like Palmer or Sammy. The usual sources have him down as a defensive mid which we’re absolute crying out for. He looks like a true box to box player to me from what I can see. 

Yeah hadn't seen that he's more of defensive midfielder. Going by an article I read he sounded like a more forward player. 

Seems odd that a player so highly rated has pushed Monaco to accept the bid. Maybe we are getting a wider reputation for developing players and giving them a stepping stone which he's seeing 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Monaco aren’t known for churning out dirge from their academy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

If the kid is as hot as it sounds, couple of seasons performing for us and MA at the helm, we will be getting a lot more than 10m euros. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not with MA handling it.