IGNORED

Lita retires

harvey54

4 hours ago, eardun said:

Must admit I thought he retired before the play off final v Brighton given he wasn’t even on the bench (yes I know I should let it go!)

I won't. That was a terrible mistake that helped cost Wilson his job, it happened out if the blue and as far as I know we never found out why.

Classic case of wrong time to make his debut, had he been a few years younger and had come into a club not run by Wilson with its bad drinking culture and everything that went with it then I think he would not have picked up all the bad habits he did and could have gone on to do well in the prem as it was he peaked at about 20 and it's been a long slide down to this announcement

Wilson kept saying Leroy is too young or whatever to start and persisted with Peacock (fair play to Lee as one of our highest ever scorers)  even though Lita always seemed certain to score when he came on as sub, especially in the  2003 - 4 season.  SO the play-off final in Cardiff was a massive disappointment. There are stories about how he couldn't have played anyway on that one.

BUT .......................................

Lita seemed to be his own worst enemy. Lots of stories about how obnoxious he was on the Bristol nightclub scene. Great waste of talent.

Fondest memory is of the "the Match in the killer fog" - Torquay away. 2004. City won 0 - 4. Lita scored 3 if I'm not mistaken but nobody saw any of them because of the killer fog. What a brilliant ****-up down at the harbour.

4 hours ago, JohnBaileysLottos said:

The rest of the sentence goes on to to say....

... "before being sold to Championship Reading for £1.35m ".

Some top tier reporting from James Piercy in that article, he must have had a deadline after coming home from the boozer!

.... but we did sell him to Championship Reading for £1m+ didn’t we?!

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Wilson kept saying Leroy is too young or whatever to start and persisted with Peacock (fair play to Lee as one of our highest ever scorers)  even though Lita always seemed certain to score when he came on as sub, especially in the  2003 - 4 season.  SO the play-off final in Cardiff was a massive disappointment. There are stories about how he couldn't have played anyway on that one.

BUT .......................................

Lita seemed to be his own worst enemy. Lots of stories about how obnoxious he was on the Bristol nightclub scene. Great waste of talent.

Fondest memory is of the "the Match in the killer fog" - Torquay away. 2004. City won 0 - 4. Lita scored 3 if I'm not mistaken but nobody saw any of them because of the killer fog. What a brilliant ****-up down at the harbour.

Torquay - he scored one from absolutely miles out when the keeper couldn’t see too 

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So different media sources quote different transfer fees - so basically you’re none the wiser .... but it was nice of you to say you were ‘disappointed in me’ - took me back to my school report days, cheers!

I won’t lose any sleep over it. Go and tell one of those media sources they’re wrong...

You know you want to.

Reading website also confirms the fee. Bow down ?

31 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I won’t lose any sleep over it. Go and tell one of those media sources they’re wrong...

You know you want to.

Reading website also confirms the fee. Bow down ?

Different media outlets report different fees, so no-one really knows ... apparently Sky Sports said today we sold Webster to B&HA for £20m and then later said we sold him for £22m - bit of a difference ... and our official website said we sold Webster for an ‘undisclosed fee’ - so no-one really knows anything about transfer fees, including you ... Bow down ?

Archived