IGNORED

BCTV - can it not do country variation?

Tom Fleuriot

Living in the Netherlands, I can't find a Dutch TV channel showing the Leeds game. But I also cant watch it on BCTV because it's being shown in other countries somewhere in the world. Which is a little frustrating, because I'm not in those countries.

@Matt Parsons : I assume that for this season this is a question of rights negotiated at EFL level (as opposed to technical geoblocking issues). But could the club please start pushing at EFL level a more nuanced approach to streaming rights? One that doesn't encourage supporters to search for live streams when they are perfectly willing to pay.

2 hours ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

Living in the Netherlands, I can't find a Dutch TV channel showing the Leeds game. But I also cant watch it on BCTV because it's being shown in other countries somewhere in the world. Which is a little frustrating, because I'm not in those countries.

@Matt Parsons : I assume that for this season this is a question of rights negotiated at EFL level (as opposed to technical geoblocking issues). But could the club please start pushing at EFL level a more nuanced approach to streaming rights? One that doesn't encourage supporters to search for live streams when they are perfectly willing to pay.

Try looking at www.hesgoal.com later, it's not showing atm. but it probably will be closer to KO. I use it a lot and find it is usually reliable, although the commentary will be in some other foreign language, still you don't get a commentary at the match, do you!   

3 hours ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

Tom, this game is not on the list of games blocked because of international broadcast https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/international-games/

but if you look on the Robins tv pages  https://www.bcfc.co.uk/robins-tv/important-information/robins-tv-faqs/ , you'll find the below nugget indicating that any game broadcast on sky in the uk is also blocked for international viewers. I think this is a change from last season?

"Robins TV Live (outside UK & Ireland)

Seasonal - £110
Monthly – £14.99

Offers live video streaming outside the UK & Ireland on an annual or monthly basis, both options autorenew at the end of their terms. Games shown on Sky or picked for International broadcast are not included. League games only, cup games not included."

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Tom, this game is not on the list of games blocked because of international broadcast https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/international-games/

but if you look on the Robins tv pages  https://www.bcfc.co.uk/robins-tv/important-information/robins-tv-faqs/ , you'll find the below nugget indicating that any game broadcast on sky in the uk is also blocked for international viewers. I think this is a change from last season?

"Robins TV Live (outside UK & Ireland)

Seasonal - £110
Monthly – £14.99

Offers live video streaming outside the UK & Ireland on an annual or monthly basis, both options autorenew at the end of their terms. Games shown on Sky or picked for International broadcast are not included. League games only, cup games not included."

Helpful clarification, thanks. Still frustrating to me that they are blocking Sky games despite those games not being available in a specific country. 

11 minutes ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

Helpful clarification, thanks. Still frustrating to me that they are blocking Sky games despite those games not being available in a specific country. 

Yep. They don't like to point anything out directly do they.  And its a tenner for a one off game now if you are based abroad.

If you go to the EFL ifollow pages there is no mention of the game being blocked internationally because of domestic sky broadcast, in fact if you stick Leeds details in you get this:

image.thumb.png.a9f9d6a2cefa01d55639a8ebbc034f9c.png

and it's not clear from the Leeds site whether the City game is due to be broadcast internationally or not (and I went on with a VPN). So in probably you'll have no legal way of watching the game, which is ridiculous.

I live in Canada and will be using my regular IPTV service to watch Sky games/ ifollow games. Like the OP i would love to pay Bristol City to watch all their games but will hold off until i stop seeing complaints on here about the rubbish feeds/ commentary etc. When the club has sorted out these problems i will part with my hard earned gratefully 

9 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I live in Canada and will be using my regular IPTV service to watch Sky games/ ifollow games. Like the OP i would love to pay Bristol City to watch all their games but will hold off until i stop seeing complaints on here about the rubbish feeds/ commentary etc. When the club has sorted out these problems i will part with my hard earned gratefully 

Don’t be put off , often it’s down to the individual users , perhaps their PC’s but it does represent pretty good value for money and although I get miffed when they put a game on Sky or equivalent, I can normally find the match on a genuine and completely legal stream . :whistle2:

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Don’t be put off , often it’s down to the individual users , perhaps their PC’s but it does represent pretty good value for money and although I get miffed when they put a game on Sky or equivalent, I can normally find the match on a genuine and completely legal stream . :whistle2:

Thanks Major, i work away from home alot so will miss most games as they are being played when i am in the field working. Still willing to pay the money for the season as it represents good value in my eyes, i will forget about the naysayers then and subscribe.

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

Can you watch the game in the browser on a tablet or does it have to be on the BCFC app? 

I couldn’t get Windscribe to work on my Mac, so do it all on iPad Pro (same screen size as Mac)....order via safari, play on app.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Switch your VPN off until just before k/o....or you’ll use up your free 10gb.  A game uses up about 2.0-2.4gb.

You don't have to keep VPN running, you can turn it off once the stream has started. That way you will get quicker and more reliable stream and only use 0.1 to 0.2 of your VPN data allowance.

Archived