IGNORED

Unbelievable change at City

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

After so long playing at being a professional football club this set up is ready for the Prem .

Bravo Mr Lansdown, your vision is  happening.

It is an unbelievable time to be a City supporter now we just need the final push to add substance to our ambitions.

l

Being ready and actually getting there are two completely different scenarios

On the pitch...we are weaker then last season. I think there are an awful lot of people getting carried away with where we will finish 

Unless LJ is gonna pull another 3 signings out of the bag, we will not get top 6 with this squad 

That's not me trying to be negative....just realistic . We have a good base but we have not built on last season 

Absolutely Major.

We are looking better year on year, and I've got to be honest in that, even though we've not got to the Premier League as yet (if ever!) I'm really enjoying the ride.

To see so many of our players, both home grown or brought in and nurtured here doing so well, is a real credit to our club.

Long may it continue!

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

On the pitch...we are weaker then last season. I think there are an awful lot of people getting carried away with where we will finish 

Unless LJ is gonna pull another 3 signings out of the bag, we will not get top 6 with this squad 

That's not me trying to be negative....just realistic . We have a good base but we have not built on last season 

We HAVE built on last season.

Our first 11 ALL belong to us. KP will be much better this year I'm sure for being our player and putting down roots.

I'd also be VERY surprised if there are no more incoming in the comming days. To strengthen more, we first had to guarantee funds - Ala Webster because of FFP.

Enjoy the ride my friend, sometimes the journey can be better than the destination! ?

I am seeing a lot of people saying that we are in a worse place than last season. I see where you are coming from but don’t agree. We have lost one player from our starting 11 but strengthened in midfield and offence and signed on 3 players from Chelsea with a serious ambition of getting us to the premier league. The training camp had all players working on strength, fitness and endurance. I think we will be one of the strongest and fittest teams in the league. Exciting young talent in the form of Szmodics, Eliasson, and the new midfielder. I think this season is the season we will go all the way...

10 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

I am seeing a lot of people saying that we are in a worse place than last season. I see where you are coming from but don’t agree. We have lost one player from our starting 11 but strengthened in midfield and offence and signed on 3 players from Chelsea with a serious ambition of getting us to the premier league. The training camp had all players working on strength, fitness and endurance. I think we will be one of the strongest and fittest teams in the league. Exciting young talent in the form of Szmodics, Eliasson, and the new midfielder. I think this season is the season we will go all the way...

It’s too early to say if we’ve strengthened from last season in my opinion. 

I’m fully expecting several players to leave and one or two to join with permanent or loan.

I agree the footballing set up is moving forward nicely but the supporter side can still be a bit dark age.  For instance I went down to collect a Birmingham away ticket yesterday - four people in the ticket and collections office doing nothing, but I had to go into the shop where the staff are rushed off their feet, stand in a queue and collect the ticket from the shop.  Very strange.

And don't get me started on the IT!

48 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

After so long playing at being a professional football club this set up is ready for the Prem .

It is an unbelievable time to be a City supporter now we just need the final push to add substance to our ambitions.

l

Difficult to argue with any of that, I have (almost) accepted that your promotion to the Premier league is inevitable some time soon.

However, I shall continue to enjoy tiny little victories, such as they are, and with that in mind, I hope you have a thoroughly  miserable end to your weekend :)

Yup unbelievable change. Cider at all time high prices. Match day mags all time high. £42 to go watch city today vs leeds. Record high price. No parking anywhere by ground anymore. Rugby markings on pitch most games. Dull football. Players leaving after 1 season(loyalty) fans being forced to buy their season ticket renewal in a 3 week window in march!!!  £45quid for a shirt! . Highest price cup of tea in the country. Still a selling club. Advertisements in your season card instead of fixture list.  I mean i could go on... Yup lots of changes at city

4 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Yup unbelievable change. Cider at all time high prices. Match day mags all time high. £42 to go watch city today vs leeds. Record high price. No parking anywhere by ground anymore. Rugby markings on pitch most games. Dull football. Players leaving after 1 season(loyalty) fans being forced to buy their season ticket renewal in a 3 week window in march!!!  £45quid for a shirt! . Highest price cup of tea in the country. Still a selling club. Advertisements in your season card instead of fixture list.  I mean i could go on... Yup lots of changes at city

Fancy meeting for a drink later? You sound like a right bundle of fun??

5 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Blimey. I hate kick offs on a Sunday at 4.30pm as well, do agree about the fixture list in the ST though ?

7 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

And you forgot £5 for a pint 

7 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Did your auto correct change Bluewhitequarters to Redwhitepurple?

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

l

Our season will be defined between now and Thursday......I'm Not saying we won't have an OK season, but if we fail to complete absolutely crucial business in the next few days,  then it will be just OK, and not an exceptional one, IMHO.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Major - Ive posted several time previously that in the 50+ years I’ve been attending AG that from last season the club is in the best shape both on and off the pitch than it’s ever been - entirely  down to SLs vision and financial backing of the club.

41 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

What an exciting life you must lead. Support the poor skint debt ridden sags and then just go on your "rival" fans forum and slate that club for every positive decision they make. Very, very odd behaviour (or just plain sad), still at least you are not obsessed with us.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Major - Ive posted several time previously that in the 50+ years I’ve been attending AG that from last season the club is in the best shape both on and off the pitch than it’s ever been - entirely  down to SLs vision and financial backing of the club.

The proof will be in the pudding this season 

Anything other then top 6 will be a failure 

48 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Blimey. I hate kick offs on a Sunday at 4.30pm as well, do agree about the fixture list in the ST though ?

The fixture list in the ST became a waste of time due to all the changes. I'd look at it but then have to go online to check there'd been no change! Now I just check online.

11 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Still worse off than last year with Webster going.

The CB and ST signings are pivotal for us, really need to make a statement.

Not too sure that CB is that imperative but a forward player and a defensive midfielder would be handy.

Maybe this kid from Monaco is a master stroke and hopefully Nketiah on loan :fingerscrossed:

Being greedy, cover for left back would be nice.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not too sure that CB is that imperative but a forward player and a defensive midfielder would be handy.

Maybe this kid from Monaco is a master stroke and hopefully Nketiah on loan :fingerscrossed:

Being greedy, cover for left back would be nice.

Baker and Wright aren't consistent top six quality and asking Vyner/Moore to step in to that is risky. 

Our starting eleven hasnt improved at all with the loss of Webster, the year on year improvements of players like JDS, Eliasson, Brownhill and Palmer may help but having a stable spine up the pitch is massive in a team pushing for promotion and we certainly need to fix that sharpish.

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Your right of course but people don't want to hear the truth, let's also hope that the home form is better than the dross that was served up for the most part last season.

2 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Most of that you don't need to worry about to follow the team.

Cider, tea, programme, shirt, lines on pitch,  crying over a fixture list.

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Absolutely spot on. Mid table at best unless we pull something out of the hat in the next few days.

Archived