IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 1

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Typical COD display this. Anonymous on the ball but good off it

To be fair he's barely seen it because we're not holding the possession and on the one occasion he got it outside of our own half he pushed forward. None of our team looks as comfortable on the ball other than COD and Palmer and both are being cut out by Leeds.

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You cannot deny this has been a shambles 

Leeds look so much more accomplished it's embarrassing

Of course you can deny it has been a shambles. It has not been a shambles so let’s get some perspective.

We are struggling to get possession and get into the game against the team in the division who last season were the best in the division at stopping teams from getting possession and getting into the game. 

It is frustrating and shows we need to improve if we want to compete against the best teams in the division, which we knew anyway. It is disappointing and frustrating but it certainly is not a shambles.

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Grow up. First game of the season. Cardiff and Fulham lost yesterday. Suppose that means they aren’t going up.

QPR fans must be delighted that they are going back to the Prem

"Grow up"

Behave mate. It's an opinion. My opinion is we have the exact same vulnerabilities as last season. Unless we address the issues....nothing will change 

Some of these player had all of last season and pre-season to work on things....if they can't sort it out by now, they never will

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Unless we bring in a defender, midfielder and a forward...this squad will not make top 6 

Not a chance. We look like we have the exact same vulnerabilities as last season 

Right now, it’s pretty much the exact same team. The worry is you would think the advantage of that they would all know their role. The tactics here are poor.

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Unless we bring in a defender, midfielder and a forward...this squad will not make top 6 

Not a chance. We look like we have the exact same vulnerabilities as last season 

We are linked with a midfielder, need to replace our best defender who we sold yesterday for a record fee and have been chasing a striker all summer. Why the **** are you surprised by this?

28 minutes ago, City_USA said:

IMO worth $4.99 to avoid faffing around with dodgy streams. Each to their own

Yeah swallowed my pride and got espn+

pretty good quality actually. 

So espn+ for games on sky or those selected for international broadcast and robins tv for the rest.

I've not signed up to robins tv yet but will do on a monthly as well.

any idea when the next sky game is?

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

We are linked with a midfielder, need to replace our best defender who we sold yesterday for a record fee and have been chasing a striker all summer. Why the **** are you surprised by this?

I'm not surprised. That's the point 

Simply saying the fans who seem to think we are Premier League bound need to re-evaluate their expectations

Looks like it's going to need Johnson to change it up for the 2nd half after getting it wrong from the start again. Can't cope with their midfield runners 

Weimann looking our best outlet. Moore is doing ok at the moment. Going by this that new 18yr old needs to get in the team to give us some energy and spark 

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Of course you can deny it has been a shambles. It has not been a shambles so let’s get some perspective.

We are struggling to get possession and get into the game against the team in the division who last season were the best in the division at stopping teams from getting possession and getting into the game. 

It is frustrating and shows we need to improve if we want to compete against the best teams in the division, which we knew anyway. It is disappointing and frustrating but it certainly is not a shambles.

It is pretty poor. No composure or plan as far as I can see

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm not surprised. That's the point 

Simply saying the fans who seem to think we are Premier League bound need to re-evaluate their expectations

You are not simply saying that though. You are acting as though this is an absolute disaster and it is more than a little ridiculous.

I think all of our expectations are that LJ, MA and the board will try to sign the players we need by Thursday so I am a bit confused as to what you want anyone to re-evaluate. I have not heard anyone say we would go up without the signings we need.

Weimann just doesn't know how to track the full back on their left, he's coming inside when Brownhill is already covering leaving space out wide. The more I watch him out wide the more I realise he is a striker, he makes those clever runs that Fammy never does but they offer nothing on the wing becasue Diedhiou never seem to connect with Weimanns crosses.

Archived