IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 1

Septic Peg

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

You are not simply saying that though. You are acting as though this is an absolute disaster and it is more than a little ridiculous.

I think all of our expectations are that LJ, MA and the board will try to sign the players we need by Thursday so I am a bit confused as to what you want anyone to re-evaluate. I have not heard anyone say we would go up without the signings we need.

I don't think it's a disaster as you put it. I do think though that the gulf in class between the two sets of players has been huge though...

We've look at times like we are chasing shadows 

It's massively disappointing and frustrating that's all. All I want to see is a sign of progression on the pitch with some players...

Not one player looks any better then last season. 

We seemed to be doing every thing at 90 miles an hour and losing shape and all too often possession, while Leeds seem calm and composed.

Moore looked Ok, but that moment was telling towards the end of the half when Pack gave it away at their end and just didn't have the legs to track back, leaving us wide open.

It’s not the score so much, as we are in truth second best all the over. Pretty much a standard first half at home from last season. Only one goal so we can hope, but just unable to get any momentum, and every now and again getting sliced open. This is a side  that should be pretty comfortable with each other, it looks like a side with six new signings who are learning their way through.

Our lack of movement to find space in possession is worrying; very static. In contrast, Leeds’ rotational movement in the top third is impressive and seems to cause us confusion over who is picking up runners. A bit of work to do!

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I don't think it's a disaster as you put it. I do think though that the gulf in class between the two sets of players has been huge though...

We've look at times like we are chasing shadows 

It's massively disappointing and frustrating that's all. All I want to see is a sign of progression on the pitch with some players...

Not one player looks any better then last season. 

We are 45 minutes into the first game of the season ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Theyve identified pack and Hunt are poor and exposed it all game long. 

Last ten minutes an improvement but Leeds could easily be 2 up.

The positive is that they're not!

LJ has work to do at half time  - need to tighten up and keep the ball better second half.

Only two who are actually turning up to work (and that's an overstatement) is Hunt and Bentley, rest have been non existent.

Szmodics played bright throughout pre season and he starts Palmer who has done the square root of F all. So negative.

Best bit is Kalas going on a run and crossing it. Says it all about our play today. 

Bristol City playing passively at home? Shock. Seems like we are scared of them and they're one touch passing is making us look like amateurs.

Okay, that wasn’t good. Defence looks fine but there is fundamentally no outlet - Pack is coming into areas where Leeds are following him so isn’t a ball Moore/Kalas can play with confidence. Weimann and Palmer are playing too far up for an out ball and O’Dowda is pretty anonymous. Leaves the lump to Fammy who is being isolated.

The formation is more like 4-1-2-2-1, and is too spread (but at the same time with Pack, too compact). We’re second to most balls but dare I say we need to stop hiding and actually look to give options, because right now it looks as if we’re not making ourselves available enough?

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

People same Pack is integral to the way we play. I think there’s some truth in that. But that doesn’t mean that we don’t need an upgrade in that position. I think we do. Pack has been a mainstay of the team for a long time now, I think we are starting to outgrow him.

Playing this formation requires him to be far quicker moving the ball on. He is not capable of that. He cannot make up for his deficiencies with such a lack of pace, either. 

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

And we’ve had all summer to get these in place before the season started. 

It’s not FM, you don’t pick and choose when players come. 

More than happy to miss one game to sign a wonderkid from France and a Prem striker on loan personally. 

Archived