IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 1

Septic Peg

Get Wiemann off, he is a waste of space playing on the right. Constantly leaving Hunt exposed, standing still infield when we need an outlet down the right. Never puts any pressure on the opposition players.

Yes he has made a couple of intelligent runs, but that's it. Eliasson is miles better in that position.

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Pretty standard over reactions 45 mins into a new season here. These are an incredible side. Press is a joke, so so fast. Just need to break their lines a bit better and it’s a different game. We are also way better second half attacking the SS. 

Well why don't we press so, so fast then? They spent enough bloody time in the USA working on fitness

I do think, disappointing though this has been, Leeds deserve a lot of credit. They keep the ball well and press well and do make it hard to play. 

We definitely need to go after them more. I would like to see Szmodics and Eliasson get a chance to show what they can do and I think we need to change shape, although I would admit I am not quite sure what to...

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Get Wiemann off, he is a waste of space playing on the right. Constantly leaving Hunt exposed, standing still infield when we need an outlet down the right. Never puts any pressure on the opposition players.

Yes he has made a couple of intelligent runs, but that's it. Eliasson is miles better in that position.

Pretty sure he's been the main person in the creation of our best chances, great movement in behind.

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agreed. Weimann is a trier but he's no winger

Just now, petehinton said:

It’s not FM, you don’t pick and choose when players come. 

More than happy to miss one game to sign a wonderkid from France and a Prem striker on loan personally. 

Of course it isn’t and I’m not suggesting it is. But they should have addressed these things over the summer and got the targets in.

Problem now is that it will take time for new players to settle etc after missing pre-season. 

We’ve made some good profit on deals which is to be commended but we haven’t been quick enough to sort out the other issues which everyone knew at the end of last season. And generally I do agree with the transfer policy - but I can’t agree with the above.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I do think, disappointing though this has been, Leeds deserve a lot of credit. They keep the ball well and press well and do make it hard to play. 

We definitely need to go after them more. I would like to see Szmodics and Eliasson get a chance to show what they can do and I think we need to change shape, although I would admit I am not quite sure what to...

They’re a very good team for this level - they’re coached by one of, if not the best coaches to have been in the championship. 

Still frustrating to watch but it will be a bonus to get anything off of them today. 

1 minute ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Once again Pack singled out for the blame when brownhill is as bad if, if not worse. 

The lack of movement is scary. 

Pack is the captain and should be doing a lot more, he should be showing an example out there not bringing the players down to his poor efforts.

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Don’t get the criticism of Palmer, he’s been ok IMO. I’d keep it the same for ten mins, then look for Szmodics if nothing’s happening still.

I think, with both Palmer and Diédhiou, the issue has been them not getting balls they can use. Subbing them will change nothing unless the service improves... 

Archived