IGNORED

Bristol City v Leeds United Match Day 1

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Same thing that was said all of last season, "After one game?!", "Still half the season to go!", "Still can make playoffs" etc... when you can see glaring issues they need to be addressed, they don't just fix themselves over time.

Of course. But can’t we wait until Thursday before deciding issues have not been addressed? My feeling at the moment is the fans, the manager and the board all seem to be on the same page as to the three of four players that are needed. It is just a case of whether we get them or not...

The long ball to Diedhiou boils my p***, honestly it almost always ends with us losing possession, why can't we actually come to the ball and offer options rather than just hoofing it to someone who never seems to have a simple passing option once he receives it?

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Bielsa is world class. LJ has a good reputation for coaching individuals but he is not a great tactician imo. There is no obvious identity to the side still.

LJ is 5 years behind other coaches with this reliance on a big lump up front being used as a wall to play off.

The game is all above movement and runners getting in, in 2019. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Of course. But can’t we wait until Thursday before deciding issues have not been addressed? My feeling at the moment is the fans, the manager and the board all seem to be on the same page as to the three of four players that are needed. It is just a case of whether we get them or not...

And this needs to be addressed ASAP! ....

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

LJ is 5 years behind other coaches with this reliance on a big lump up front being used as a wall to play off.

The game is all above movement and runners getting in, in 2019. 

It's curious because it's not how he started out but at some point he decided a big lump was essential and our attacking play regressed.

Archived