IGNORED

OTIB Meltdown:

Xiled

We were not at the races. Second to every ball. Couldn't get a toe on it let alone a foot. 

Sometimes you have to praise the opposition, I know it's hard as it's Leeds. If they were a humble set of fans you'd give them the high praise their team deserved today. So through gritted teeth I felt that was a midfield masterclass today from Leeds and something we would do well to learn from. 

One thing is for certain knocking long balls into Fam just isn't gonna work. Long season and a long hard look at ourselves after today. Dust ourselves off and go again. 

26 minutes ago, Xiled said:

I need to add my own....

- We need a new CB, RB, attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, a no. 10 and a proven striker

- Predicatable play, same aimless balls forward

- Need to be two or three goals down before we start playing

It feels like every home game from last season but I'm keeping an open mind. The next four days are the most important of the summer. The season isn't over, not just yet ?

We really need to get the good feeling back. Three statement signings by Thursday and things would feel a lot better than they do right now.

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Spot on. Why did Palmer and O'dowda start?

One hasnt been here all pre-season and the other doesn't want to be here 

CoD started in the vain hope that he’d have a good game and we could sell him for a few Million before deadline day????

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

You honestly think a striker is going to solve our problems? 

I was thinking this today. After that performance i really dont know what people expect from a Gayle type of striker if he is going to be getting that service from midfield.

32 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Money spent like never before, yet absolutely no improvement anywhere across the pitch.

Hunt not good enough, Pack not good enough, Fammy too hit and miss.

Yes it’s only the first game of the season but we have seen enough of these players to know which ones aren’t up to standard.

Careful slating pack the mob will be after you, some on here just can’t see how poor he is .

38 minutes ago, Xiled said:

I need to add my own....

- We need a new CB, RB, attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, a no. 10 and a proven striker

- Predicatable play, same aimless balls forward

- Need to be two or three goals down before we start playing

It feels like every home game from last season but I'm keeping an open mind. The next four days are the most important of the summer. The season isn't over, not just yet ?

We don’t need a 10

Leeds were very good, we were average at best. 

Don’t think we’re as bad as many would think from reading this thread though. An addition like the lad from Monaco to break up play and get it moving quickly would help, as would Nketiah up top.

Today would just have confirmed that Diedhou in front of a three doesn’t work, and would surely have put Eliasson back ahead of O’Dowda.

Let’s not all throw out toys out of the peak after that, it was bad but we’ve been worse and came unstuck against what is a very good team at this level.

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Is anyone surprised we lost today ???......I thought not. Always lose to Leeds at home and away and play shit. Judge us on next 45. Badly need a striker though.

It is very frustrating. We always seem to save our worst performances for them.

We were actually 2-0 up at Elland Road a couple of seasons ago when Leeds were dogshit, yet we still let them back in to draw 2-2 ?

40 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Yes, tongue in cheek. We're all experts on paper (or on this forum at least) and it always amuses me how everyone is so sure of the positions we need to strengthen.

We are definitely short of a few players and I'm not certain that this lad from Monaco will be the answer. But I am absolutely certain that we have a striker incoming before Thursday. The OTIB meltdown will once again be a thing of the past.

Yes and why are they spending a reported 8 mil on a 18 year mid fielder who has never played in England, when we need a proven goal scorer. I thought the policy was that a 18 year old was one for the future!

Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes and why are they spending a reported 8 mil on a 18 year mid fielder who has never played in England, when we need a proven goal scorer. I thought the policy was that a 18 year old was one for the future!

I don’t think the two necessarily connect. If we were buying an 18 year old midfielder instead of a striker I would agree but it sounds like we’re after a few players. I don’t know a lot about Massengo but, if he is good enough, then I don’t care how old he is.

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Must think he’s half decent or something?

6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

He may well be, but the Championship is a tough and hard league and is this lad ready for that, I really don't think so.

I doubt any of us know much about him so how can we tell? Tammy was 18 when he joined us and he did alright so I don’t think age alone definitively answers that question...

Archived