IGNORED

We've got Taylor Moore

Big Nose

I would definitely not say passed the test. He did ok. 5 out of 10 performance. Not great in possession, not great vs Bamford, very poor on the third goal.

He wasn't worse than Kalas. I wouldn't say that's a great measuring stick on todays showing though.

Edit - I'm happy with him playing, don't think the others are much better. Passing the test is looking like a high quality central defender at this level. He like the rest of them looked average IMO

Just now, Lez said:

Looked better than previous but still got bullied by Bamford

Early days at this level (discounting his first few games when he signed). I'm pretty sure the jury was out for Webster for a few games at the start of last season.

Bank the money. Give Moore that position with Baker as backup.

He was alright. Better than he used to be. More confident too. 

I personally wouldn't have started him today but LJ obviously saw something in pre season. Would say he deserves to start against QPR after today. Just hope it hasn't knocked his confidence.

Yep.......agree.  Taylor Moore did ok, and certainly did not let himself down.  Personally I think we should recruit another cental defender, get rid of Baker and use Moore as cover.  Also obvviously a goal scorer and a right back needed asap.  PS.  I know he was all on his own and worked hard, but Fammy was very ordinary today IMHO.

9 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Early days at this level (discounting his first few games when he signed). I'm pretty sure the jury was out for Webster for a few games at the start of last season.

Bank the money. Give Moore that position with Baker as backup.

Early days or not while an improvement he was bullied by a player who is known for not bullying anyone. 

Good driving forward but the idea he has past some sort of test based on today Is delusional.

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Thought he was bullied personally & caught out massively for the second and third goals 

Absolutely, did look comfortable playing out of defence but for me he is not the answer and Bamford who isn’t the best at this level pulled him about and out muscles him in the second half 

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Him and Kalas had no chance, left horribly exposed by the midfield and our narrow “3” that sat behind Famara. Neither Weimann or O’Dowda were tracking back, leaving one over every time down the wing in the first half.

Definitely this - I think on one or two occasions Hunt was trying to defend against 3 players!

Early to say how he’ll do for us, but he looked alright. Decent on the ball and you can see why he was picked over Baker.

Didnt cover himself in glory for the second goal but allowing Hernandez to get to the position he did was the bigger crime for me.

Certainly looked good enough to be worthy of a place in the squad, but far too early to say after one game.

Archived