IGNORED

We've got Taylor Moore

Big Nose

He didn’t do himself any harm but at the same time not sure he did enough to say we should not recruit a good CB. He needs minutes to get better so I’d like to see a CB come in but Taylor used in some games in a back 3 with Kalas and new recruit. Try to move Baker and let BW go on a free at season’s end. Next season Vyner takes Wright’s spot as backup/push for first team spot. 

31 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Him and Kalas had no chance, left horribly exposed by the midfield and our narrow “3” that sat behind Famara. Neither Weimann or O’Dowda were tracking back, leaving one over every time down the wing in the first half.

Spot on, the number 5 kept pinging diagonals all day long. Whatever you think of him Bielsa is no mug.

Taylor Moore, fantastic performance.  Well done kid.

He got done by Bamford only once as far as I saw. Otherwise better than Kalas.

Leeds were targeting Weimann/Hunt as a weak link and that's where overloads happened. 

Kalas massively at fault for 1st goal. Varied midfielders for 2nd and 3rd. 

Moore is ready!

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

....O’Dowda has the cheek to be jarred off when subbed after that “effort”. Amazing decision to play him tbh.

I'm sure it was about putting him in the shop window for Leeds' sake. Probably backfired bar one decent run.

Thought Taylor's intentions were excellent all game, however the execution sometimes lacked (failed through ball just before their third for example), nerves perhaps in a game to prove himself before Baker/Wright are fit to play again. Think he has done enough to warrant starting the next game (bar a new signing). 

Not overly impressed with both centre alfs. Moore has good energy and movement and looked a lot better than previous games , still he was outmuscled by a very smart and cute Banford . Not an easy game for him . Could he have done better for a couple of the goals ?

A learning curve . 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He got done by Bamford and then for third goal gave ball away for them to score whilst causally jogging back.

The actual positive was we didn’t lose 5-0 cos before their keeper dropped one in for us - it looked like it would be. 

No way did it look like a 5-0? 3-0 flattered Leeds. Overall it looked like two Championship teams playing a friendly. 

The difference in opinions on Moore is really interesting - quite a stark contrast too.

Going back to last year, I’ll be honest, Webster didn’t fill me with confidence - particularly after the ‘Boro game last year, and we’ve just shipped him out for a record fee! I don’t expect record fee’s for Moore but do feel like he has started positively after his return from loan.

Confident but at times overrun, it was good to see him push Bamford, beating him and shielding the ball a bit, as well as his couple of runs forward.

He may have been culpable for a couple of chances but on another day he wouldn’t have been punished quite so harshly and deserves credit for an ok Championship performance.

Enjoyed seeing Moore out there today, I would like to see him continue to challenge even if he isn’t in the starting XI. 

He looked ok to me and good enough to be a squad player, lack of pace is my biggest concern, looking comfortable on the left was a positive though.

We 100% need another cb to come in as first choice though.

If we do get another I wouldn’t be against selling Wright and Baker and having Moore and Vyner as 3rd and 4th choice.

1 hour ago, Robin Goch said:

No way did it look like a 5-0? 3-0 flattered Leeds. Overall it looked like two Championship teams playing a friendly. 

You must have been a different game, because only some excellent last ditch defending stopped a rout. Leeds cruised to 3 points.

I was very surprised in the Coopers, when a mate said guess the team. Though Wright had started training later in the week, I think I heard LJ say neither BW or Baker had trained for about 15 days. 
For what it's worth I though he had a decent game, took the difficult side allowing Kalas to play his normal right side, which does effect his game. It did show at times, but he did a good job seeing Bamford played on him a fair bit.  Two criticisms, one of which has been mentioned, he seemed to lack a little pace. Though he stood up to Bamford quite well , he did struggle keeping up at times. The other was a little unlucky , a poorly played through ball which ended up with their 3rd goal.

Half time, and even though they had been the better side, it was one brilliant finish and 2 decent saves that separated the sides. Most of the other chances and even the 3rd goal came from us pushing for a goal. They were better drilled, movement and passing was better and it looks like they all buy into the managers ideas. If one player goes out of the team, the guy coming in knows the plan and plays the same way.

Still think they will struggle to play that way all year with a fairly small squad.

Archived