IGNORED

LJ Wants 5 Players

Up The City!

It's crazy really how we need 5 players. I hope LJ has learnt to only buy or loan in technical players that have pace and energy. Don't even bother with big lumps with dodgy first touch.

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

If only he had a pre-season to get them in....

You will always take the most negative angle possible won’t you.

It may have escaped your notice but we’ve only just sold Webster for £20m. That opens up all sorts of possibilities that wouldn’t have been an option without that money.

The transfer market is not like a trip to Tesco. Often we are waiting on a domino effect from other transfers - like the Webster sale - or other factors controlled by other clubs. The timing is not entirely in our control and often things only really start moving as the deadline approaches.

This club has improved every season for five years whilst selling players we thought were irreplaceable at the time. At least try to find some perspective. Maybe even allow yourself to be excited by the prospect of new arrivals this week.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

7 new signings to date, another 5 wanted

12 new signings required after 4 years in post

Speaks volumes really

Yes

And months of training to get them to understand the teams shape … Actually on todays performance that is all of them. 

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Another ACM?? What is he smoking seriously.

If we have someone in mind who is better than what we have I am for it. Creativity still looks a problem though think we could look much better with a Paterson Palmer and Eliasson behind the striker. Think we could all agree that another of superior quality would be welcome. I wish we had went out a got Costa or Cavaliero. They went to good clubs but think we need that type of quality over anything else. Need to stop wasting money on Weimann, Hunt and Watkins types. Solid pros but don’t have the quality

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

7 new signings to date, another 5 wanted

12 new signings required after 4 years in post

Speaks volumes really

Yes

Unfair. There is a constant evolution at all clubs. Not to mention the fact that players do actually age and need replacing.

During the same period we’ve sold players he would almost certainly have rather held onto but wasn’t able to keep through no fault of his own. And all the while we’ve continuously improved our league position.

Also - the targets change as the ambition and financial clout increases. Players we couldn’t previously consider may now become realistic targets. Likewise players we previously considered great signings suddenly look a little below us (Baker for example).

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Unfair. There is a constant evolution at all clubs. Not to mention the fact that players do actually age and need replacing.

During the same period we’ve sold players he would almost certainly have rather held onto but wasn’t able to keep through no fault of his own. And all the while we’ve continuously improved our league position.

Yes and I’d argue the ambition and expectation of the club have probably grown faster than anyone anticipated. Leeds, Forest etc have been big fish in this league for years. They know how to operate with those expectations. Think we are still learning how to be a “bigger” club. 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not unfair at all

How many windows and seasons before we see what he’s actually trying to do 

We looked like a jumbled together team of trialists

Bielsa has been there one  season , largely worked with what he had to start with , less even 

Totally bossed us, men against boys

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was staggered by that ‘performance’ tbh Cowshed

I wasn't.

Defensive shape and lines.

Leeds play out through their CB and the team allowed them to penetrate them again and again. It was an was easy ride because the two players in that zone where? Diedhiou and Palmer. There was no screen, no compactness because the two players have virtually no tactical know how to carry out the task. And don't even think about the two pressing = The have no defensive intensity. Predictable.

Movement they don't have …  Predictable.

Webster gone. Whacking it back to front? Predictable.

And on this goes. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes and I’d argue the ambition and expectation of the club have probably grown faster than anyone anticipated. Leeds, Forest etc have been big fish in this league for years. They know how to operate with those expectations. Think we are still learning how to be a “bigger” club. 

Indeed.

50 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

What’s this ‘learning to be a bigger club’ Joe

What has that got to do with putting out eleven players , who look prepared , and appear to recognise each other , in some form of cohesive plan after four years in charge  ?

Archived