IGNORED

LJ Wants 5 Players

Up The City!

7 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I thought we were shambolic, and the thought of another 5 players quite shocking when we have now gone through about 70 in the LJ/MA era and I still have no idea what the often talked about identity is. We are not a passing side that is clear. Until we actually decide what our identity and approach are going to be, it seems that signing players is a waste of time. Leeds carried on from last season, they play in a very clear, very well drilled way, and that is down to the coach imposing his approach. It seems to me LJ and MA are not in harmony as the verbal description of what our approach, or should I say DNA , is not visible on the pitch or with the transfer activity. With another 5 that will be what, 13 or 14 signed this season. We will not play many sides as good as Leeds, but it is about time we started to look  coherent or we are going to fall short again this season. 

Don't forget the target position has changed considerably since he took over. Also as the standard has gone up in the championship so do our requirements, this will inevitably mean continual investment is required.

Keep the faith

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

If we have someone in mind who is better than what we have I am for it. Creativity still looks a problem though think we could look much better with a Paterson Palmer and Eliasson behind the striker. Think we could all agree that another of superior quality would be welcome. I wish we had went out a got Costa or Cavaliero. They went to good clubs but think we need that type of quality over anything else. Need to stop wasting money on Weimann, Hunt and Watkins types. Solid pros but don’t have the quality

You can’t win games without control and possession of the ball as Leeds showed today. Efficient without being spectacular and took their chances. 

At this moment in time we do not have the right personnel in the team to play this way and LJ clearly set the team up to counter Leeds which Bielsa sussed out and he set Leeds up perfectly which is why he is a top international coach

9 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Which might be fair. Reminds me of that CM we had under McInnes forget the name Liam something, seemed tidy but lightweight had bad knee injury think we swapped him for someone. 

Liam Kelly. Swapped with Oldham for Korey Smith, who were managed by LJ at the time. 

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What’s this ‘learning to be a bigger club’ Joe

What has that got to do with putting out eleven players , who look prepared , and appear to recognise each other , in some form of cohesive plan after four years in charge  ?

I mean in terms of recruitment. Feel like when we have bought players it was with steadying ourselves in the league. Felt like we had a plan of steady improvement but the club has overachieved. This has led to more expectations which imo affects how we recruit. Also it has led to the club having more money to use than they have ever had. 

So on the comment I replied to it talked about clubs always being in motion. Some players we bought we needed at the time and they have now become not needed. I don’t feel we just sign players to sign them. 

So back to being a “bigger” club I think it is possible that they are realising they can be more ambitious. Have the funds. Have a manager a lot of players are interested in playing for. Have the facilities on the way. You have said it speaks volumes we could have up to 12 new players but my argument is think the club is wizening up to the fact that promotion is going to take more talent. 

I probably haven’t explain it that well Bob as I am still recovering from a long night out ? but that is how I see it. It isn’t LJ just making it up as he goes. Instead it is a realisation we can be more but have the means to now operate in a manner you’d expect from relegated prem clubs or clubs like Leeds and Forest

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

As per comments on RB.

A RB - Dijksteel

A CB - Hector (Favour from Chelsea)

A CDM - ????

A ACM - Massengo (According to LJ although all other report suggest he is more defensively minded)

And a ST - Nketiah

Think LJ may have been far too honest with this but names I think are realistic above

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I mean in terms of recruitment. Feel like when we have bought players it was with steadying ourselves in the league. Felt like we had a plan of steady improvement but the club has overachieved. This has led to more expectations which imo affects how we recruit. Also it has led to the club having more money to use than they have ever had. 

So on the comment I replied to it talked about clubs always being in motion. Some players we bought we needed at the time and they have now become not needed. I don’t feel we just sign players to sign them. 

So back to being a “bigger” club I think it is possible that they are realising they can be more ambitious. Have the funds. Have a manager a lot of players are interested in playing for. Have the facilities on the way. You have said it speaks volumes we could have up to 12 new players but my argument is think the club is wizening up to the fact that promotion is going to take more talent. 

I probably haven’t explain it that well Bob as I am still recovering from a long night out ? but that is how I see it. It isn’t LJ just making it up as he goes. Instead it is a realisation we can be more but have the means to now operate in a manner you’d expect from relegated prem clubs or clubs like Leeds and Forest

Ta

Not sure I’m in agreement but see what you’re saying

8 minutes ago, INCRED said:

You can’t win games without control and possession of the ball as Leeds showed today. Efficient without being spectacular and took their chances. 

At this moment in time we do not have the right personnel in the team to play this way and LJ clearly set the team up to counter Leeds which Bielsa sussed out and he set Leeds up perfectly which is why he is a top international coach

Of course but there was also a quality factor there. Can’t deny Hernandez, Costa, Harrison and Bamford are better options than anyone we have going forward. That is my main point

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Of course but there was also a quality factor there. Can’t deny Hernandez, Costa, Harrison and Bamford are better options than anyone we have going forward. That is my main point

And there is also intent.

Lee Johnson changed the passing patterns of the team. He has brought in a Keeper who has quality distribution and? Instructed him to go long to Famara.  

The intent there was not to create a base of possession to build from. 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

I wasn't.

Defensive shape and lines.

Leeds play out through their CB and the team allowed them to penetrate them again and again. It was an was easy ride because the two players in that zone where? Diedhiou and Palmer. There was no screen, no compactness because the two players have virtually no tactical know how to carry out the task. And don't even think about the two pressing = The have no defensive intensity. Predictable.

Movement they don't have …  Predictable.

Webster gone. Whacking it back to front? Predictable.

And on this goes. 

Contrast with how Weimann and Taylor blocked the passing lanes at Swansea last season so they couldn't get going. As emphatic a 1-0 as you could see at this level, we had complete control.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Contrast with how Weimann and Taylor blocked the passing lanes at Swansea last season so they couldn't get going. As emphatic a 1-0 as you could see at this level, we had complete control.

The point would be would you expect them to do that task well? I would say yes. They have skill set physically. 

Today? Poor yes. Surprises no. They do not have the skill set. 

Its a choice the Manager makes.  

19 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Hernandez was quality today as he has was last season and he's 34! Much is said on here when we're linked with or there's a suggestion about a player 30+. 

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The point would be would you expect them to do that task well? I would say yes. They have skill set physically. 

Today? Poor yes. Surprises no. They do not have the skill set. 

Its a choice the Manager makes.  

Indeed, horses for courses and the wrong horses were selected for the job today.

1 hour ago, City18 said:

Centre mid essential! Pack and brownhill both poor but no alternative on the bench. No competition for this position without korey

I agree. I thought Pack was dreadful. And im a fan of Pack but on that showing. Nah. We need someone else. 

Archived