IGNORED

This is a weird feeling...

WesM

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I think it's more the tactical developments he introduced that mark him out as an exceptional coach personally.

That Chile side @chinapig mentions above was the blueprint.

Exceptional coach that got done by a novice like Frank Lampard over two legs. Sorry, I'm not having it. 

Leeds will win the league this year ?

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Exceptional coach that got done by a novice like Frank Lampard over two legs. Sorry, I'm not having it. 

I meant his contribution as a whole not Leeds' most recent capitulation haha. They ran out of luck and energy last season, I'm not sure they will again.

I'm no dogmatic Bielsa accolyte, he annoys the shit out of me- but you have to give credit where it's due (spits).

They controlled possession and identified our weak spots.

Right back-although it was hard on Hunt as he had 2 men to mark. Like any number of teams last season they had one and often two men hugging the touch line waiting for the out ball.

Marlon- Pressured into mistakes and as usual found out for pace against the better sides.

Callum- failing to track or stay with his man

Fam- Isolated like Hunt and a oh so easy for the centre backs. Felt he should have come off earlier rather than Palmer .

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Frustrating day at the office. We started brightly, and finished brightly. Leeds were, however, a very good side. 

Just interesting how we raised our game against the Likes of Man Utd and Man City, and held our own, yet Leeds came to us and looked like Champions League Winners. We have to be able to raise our game when the time is needed. Leeds looked ropey for the first 15-20 but after that were never really troubled by us as they moved up through the gears. 

Something isn't right with the motivation and the mentality of the team imo. 

I'm sorry but i have to disagree that we started brightly?...................And as to finishing brightly, the game was already lost, so it is inconsequential IMHO

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I'm sorry but i have to disagree that we started brightly?...................And as to finishing brightly, the game was already lost, so it is inconsequential IMHO

Fair enough, that's your opinion.

We did press them high early in the game, and forced a lot of rushed backpasses to their keeper. He flapped at a few, and their defensive unit looked nervous. 

Then they turned on the style, and really were far too good for us.

36 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ask Guardiola, Pochettino, Simeone and I believe Martino what they think of Bielsa. Tactically and technically he's excellent in many ways...

HOWEVER. He has a few blind spots. Don't especially rate Casilla eg. However he gets a lot out of his sides.

Off the pitch, he's done himself few favours..quitting Marseille after one game into his 2nd season in 2015/16. A year later he joined Lazio but he quit- fair enough but TWO DAYS!?!

This I'd suggest is and has proved a bigger hindrance to his career advancement than technically/tactically.

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Fair enough, that's your opinion.

We did press them high early in the game, and forced a lot of rushed backpasses to their keeper. He flapped at a few, and their defensive unit looked nervous. 

Then they turned on the style, and really were far too good for us.

Maybe for "started brightly" we could read ......coped initially?  Then we were totally outclassed?

Just now, maxjak said:

Maybe for "started brightly" we could read ......coped initially?  Then we were totally outclassed?

:laugh: coped? I dunno! I thought we did okay to start with, I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that!

But you are right, we were outclassed shortly after. And very porous in defence - just as we were in preseason. 

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ask Guardiola, Pochettino, Simeone and I believe Martino what they think of Bielsa. Tactically and technically he's excellent in many ways...

HOWEVER. He has a few blind spots. Don't especially rate Casilla eg. However he gets a lot out of his sides.

Off the pitch, he's done himself few favours..quitting Marseille after one game into his 2nd season in 2015/16. A year later he joined Lazio but he quit- fair enough but TWO DAYS!?!

This I'd suggest is and has proved a bigger hindrance to his career advancement than technically/tactically.

Dont really care what they say about him...list his honours.  

31 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

:laugh: coped? I dunno! I thought we did okay to start with, I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that!

But you are right, we were outclassed shortly after. And very porous in defence - just as we were in preseason. 

And considering pre season that's where we have spent most of our money to say I was a little disappointed that we have conceded 8 goals at home in the last two games would be an understatement.

23 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Dont really care what they say about him...list his honours.  

Not managed in Europe all that much.

You're also overlooking his baggage and the impact that can have on career prospects. Very challenging I imagine- that can be good but also has undoubted downsides?

Tactically and technically he could IMO manage top sides. With top sides he may well win.

Tbh he's come close to excellence a few times. In 2012 he reached 2 finals with Athletic Bilbao, he nearly transformed Leeds in one year ie 15th to promoted with not all that many changes. Took Marseille from bag average to title contenders in a year- nearly into CL fell at the last.

Suppose you're more a Rowett man.

To give an example though. Are you seriously telling me that Solskjaer or Lampard are more qualified in their respective roles? Laughable tbh. Would also add Wilder to that list. Likewise Valverde v Bielsa at Barcelona?

12 hours ago, The turtle said:

Gillingham under pulis in the 90s.(I think) 

Swansea at home in their Prem promotion season 

It's the last two times similar to today, that I can recall watching an opposition side and just thinking "well their going up" 

Forest at the Gate under Clough .

They formed a line to applaud our team onto the pitch then dismantled us with ease to stroll out three - nil winners .

An exceptional team.

12 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I did wonder when Pack, for the second time, passed straight to a Leeds player if the colours were a problem for him!

No....to be fair Pack just had a tosh game....hes been off the boil for two seasons now.....still plays week in week and week out....if Johnson wanted to show strong leadership....here's where the axe should fall first.....I'm assuming that the French wonderkid (who is seemingly like Modric) may well be the catalyst for this....time will tell

Archived