IGNORED

Oh well.....that was a footballing lesson

Robbored

Disappointing performance and result but fair play to Bielsa out thought LJ comprehensively. Leeds were better than us in every department. They were well drilled, pressed impressively and prevented City from putting more than three passes together and if Leeds don’t finish in the top two I’ll be very surprised.

Given his resources there wasn’t much LJ could do to stop Leeds. They bossed midfield, poor old Famara got very little service. Their full back overlapping at every opportunity. I was really impressed with them and makes me appreciate even more how much better need to be to be in the mix come April/May next year.

Some around me were complaining about playing one up top and that it was no different to last season as was most of the team. Only Taylor Moore was the difference - who I thought had a decent game but according to MA we can expect more signings before the window closes.

Fact is, we got taught a lesson today.....

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you think a striker is our only issue after that ............

I think it is Bob.

Todays players finished 8th last season and now three have signed for City. Obviously Webster has gone but certainly today Moore looked the part at CB against a very decent strike force.

With one or two more strikers LJ will have more options to vary his tactics especially during matches. That option was missing today. All he could do was call on last seasons options of Taylor and Eliasson. 

Plus......City won’t be up against Leeds every week. They were very very good today and City won’t be the only team that they beat comfortably. Plenty of other clubs are for similar footballing lessons.

10 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Wrong formation and tactics from start made them look good.

442 is way to play against Leeds.

That formation would worry me against Leeds. They over ran us in there with 3. I agree that the formation was a poor choice, would personally go with 3-5-2. Think it gives us the numbers in the middle & allows us to have 2 upfront. Though your wing backs have to be football intelligent in that system. COYR 

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Disappointing performance and result but fair play to Bielsa out thought LJ comprehensively. Leeds were better than us in every department. They were well drilled, pressed impressively and prevented City from putting more than three passes together and if Leeds don’t finish in the top two I’ll be very surprised.

Given his resources there wasn’t much LJ could do to stop Leeds. They bossed midfield, poor old Famara got very little service. Their full back overlapping at every opportunity. I was really impressed with them and makes me appreciate even more how much better need to be to be in the mix come April/May next year.

Some around me were complaining about playing one up top and that it was no different to last season as was most of the team. Only Taylor Moore was the difference - who I thought had a decent game but according to MA we can expect more signings before the window closes.

Fact is, we got taught a lesson today.....

Are you taking the piss ? We were ******* Abysmal . From 1-11 we couldn’t string two passes together and as I said before about fam. He’s league 1 at best. 

I normally back pack and Josh but they were ******* terrible . 

I haven’t read any posts on here post match apart from this but I really nobody is protecting Taylor Moore . Had rings run round him by a lightweight striker in bam ford. 

Yes his movements ok but I hope this puts to bed that TM is anywhere good enough for this league 

4 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

That formation would worry me against Leeds. They over ran us in there with 3. I agree that the formation was a poor choice, would personally go with 3-5-2. Think it gives us the numbers in the middle & allows us to have 2 upfront. Though your wing backs have to be football intelligent in that system. COYR 

I was thinking 352 at half time, Baker on for O'Dowda or Palmer

Beaten fair and square today. Leeds overran our midfield, where Hernandez, Forshaw and Phillips were a different class. Harrison was a major threat out wide and in Bamford they had a lone striker with a good first touch and movement. For all his effort Fam will never match that. 

There weren't too many positives but for the most part I thought Taylor Moore did well against Bamford, Da Silva showed good ability on the ball and Weimann again worked his socks off and scored a decent consolation. If only he played more central, as we looked more threatening in the last 15 minutes after Taylor's introduction than we did in the previous 75 minutes. 

Thankfully we won't be playing Leeds every week. 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

According to the Head Coach

Neither Baker Or BW have trained for 15 days 

Yeah posted as much in a different thread, enough confidence in Baker's fitness to name him on the bench though so you'd hope he could play 45 if needed, felt 3 CB's would've helped us cope with their wide players/wing backs doubling up on our full backs.

3 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

n. If only he played more central, as we looked more threatening in the last 15 minutes after Taylor's introduction than we did in the previous 75 minutes. 

I think it was both Taylor and especially Eliasson that made the difference. Why oh why is Eliasson not on from the start. I watched with a Leeds supporter and he thought that Eliasson had the Leeds defence in a panic from the moment he arrived - and those crosses!

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Are you taking the piss ? We were ******* Abysmal . From 1-11 we couldn’t string two passes together and as I said before about fam. He’s league 1 at best. 

I haven’t read any posts on here post match apart from this but I really nobody is protecting Taylor Moore . Had rings run round him by a lightweight striker in bam ford. 

Yes his movements ok but I hope this puts to bed that TM is anywhere good enough for this league 

Please delete your account

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We all see games differently Stevie.........For me Leeds were the cause of City struggling to string three passes together. They were excellent and fortunately we won’t be playing against such a top quality team every week.

TM won’t up against the likes of Hernandez and Bamford every week either. Only one game I know but I saw enough in him today to feel confident that he’ll become a decent Championship CB.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Wrong formation and tactics from start made them look good.

442 is way to play against Leeds.

As the season progresses there will undoubtedly be a few sackings of managers in the EFL. 

A person with your tactical awareness and observational skills would do well to get your CV ready to apply for one of those jobs. 

It was an abject performance.

I mentioned in the matchday thread that I didn't think we were ready for this game and it showed.

I really don't know what was done in pre-season but all the hype was how hard the players were worked etc etc etc

They were blowing out their arseholes before an hour.

I'll leave it there, just got back so will reflect on it for an hour or two - but that was crap, really shite.

And the head coach should also reflect on how he got the players "ready" for the first game - he didn't and that is down to him.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I think it is Bob.

Todays players finished 8th last season and now three have signed for City. Obviously Webster has gone but certainly today Moore looked the part at CB against a very decent strike force.

With one or two more strikers LJ will have more options to vary his tactics especially during matches. That option was missing today. All he could do was call on last seasons options of Taylor and Eliasson. 

Plus......City won’t be up against Leeds every week. They were very very good today and City won’t be the only team that they beat comfortably. Plenty of other clubs are for similar footballing lessons.

I agree. With you @Robbored Christ. I’ve said it ?

For us it was the tale of two 9s. Ours was as useless as he was last season. Bamford was Bamford and everything ours isn’t, wasn’t and never will be.

Leeds looked good in other areas too but for us the most telling inadequacy was in the number 9 department. Again.

We were taught a big lesson today - a bigger score line wouldn’t have looked out of place at all and it’s a shame to say that but we just weren’t anywhere near good enough. Not going to start picking on players but to me it was obvious as to where we are lacking and hopefully this weeks business will address it.  Hope today is just a ‘bad day at the office’ and we can step up from now on. Think it’s crucial we get a good start in the first block of ten if we are to have any chance of being amongst it come the end of the season. 

Wow. They had the better individuals, team,  tactics and manager.

As inept as we were, they were excellent. 

No idea what we did pre-season. Whatever it was, we must not do it again. Lethargic, disorganised and clueless.

An £8 million centre back should not stand off an attacker like that. Taylor-Moore should not be letting an attacker across him on the near post and the third was just a shambles. Lumping it up to an isolated Fammy is never going to work, even at a Conference level. Palmer needs to get within 5 yards of him constantly, not drift out off to the wings. Midfield went awol, totally anonymous.

Shockingly poor.

To spunk £8 million on an untried, foreign ‘one for the future’ youngster is bordering on reckless when you look how far behind we are, measured against the elite. Rather than Monaco, time would have been far better spent in Rotherham. 

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

They wouldn’t though for Philips would drop back in defence so they would have a back 3 or 5

25 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

As the season progresses there will undoubtedly be a few sackings of managers in the EFL. 

A person with your tactical awareness and observational skills would do well to get your CV ready to apply for one of those jobs. 

End of last season there results went downhill due to Bielsa being insistent on playing Phillips at the back when up against 2 forwards. He has done it his whole career, teams saw this and played to make them drop cm back to defence. 

LJ tried his usual negative tactics at home and tried to be flash and play lots of forward thinking players but only 1 up front, this left Leeds spare players in midfield. We go 442 after 70 mins and game changed shape for Philips dropped straight back. 

15 minutes ago, RedRock said:

.To spunk £8 million on an untried, foreign ‘one for the future’ youngster is bordering on reckless when you look how far behind we are, measured against the elite. Rather than Monaco, time would have been far better spent in Rotherham. 

NONE of us have seen him play. You have literally slagged the kid off whilst knowing nothing about him whatsoever. 

14 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

They wouldn’t though for Philips would drop back in defence so they would have a back 3 or 5

Why would Phillips drop back in? He does that as & when, depending on the situation. Nothing more than that. He just has game intelligence to know what is needed & when. I don’t think City having 2 up top would mean Leeds altering their style or formation. They quite simply handle the ball better, their movement is better ( this is City’s biggest problem imo ) & it’s worrying to say, looked fitter & stronger. COYR 

Archived