IGNORED

Oh well.....that was a footballing lesson

Robbored

1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

Why would Phillips drop back in? He does that as & when, depending on the situation. Nothing more than that. He just has game intelligence to know what is needed & when. I don’t think City having 2 up top would mean Leeds altering their style or formation. They quite simply handle the ball better, their movement is better ( this is City’s biggest problem imo ) & it’s worrying to say, looked fitter & stronger. COYR 

You watch his position when we went 2 up. Played as a 3rd CB that’s what Bielsa does wherever he’s managed. They even took off Harrison to bring on a lb to go even more defensive, just the way Bielsa manages and that’s why he normally lasts 1 season at clubs for they work out his formation and players.

13 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

NONE of us have seen him play. You have literally slagged the kid off whilst knowing nothing about him whatsoever. 

He's not slagged off the kid.. he was talking about priorities. 8 mill is a lot when we still haven't addressed the bleedin obvious.

I'm sure the guy is really talented but the cynic in me says this is more about making money in a sell on in the future.

WE WANT A STRIKER FFS and one to put bums on seats, the belief back and lift the whole bloody place

Be honest, right now the football we play stinks the place out

6 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

You watch his position when we went 2 up. Played as a 3rd CB that’s what Bielsa does wherever he’s managed. They even took off Harrison to bring on a lb to go even more defensive, just the way Bielsa manages and that’s why he normally lasts 1 season at clubs for they work out his formation and players.

He did that to close the game out pal

I just took it that Phillips naturally dropped back due to the mentality of being 0-3 up & basically cruising. Will have to watch the highlights, if I can find any! Agree with us having 2 up top though. But who ever is playing, the movement & angles created have to be so much better. COYR 

8 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

NONE of us have seen him play. You have literally slagged the kid off whilst knowing nothing about him whatsoever. 

Not slagging him off. He may develop into the the next Messi in a couple of years, but we need someone oven-ready now. We have our Academy packed of ‘ones for the future’, we have bought umpteen ‘ones for the future’ for the squad. Someone who has played just 7 games, in a foreign league at 18 is what we need? Not for me. 

Just think Semi Ajayi for £1.5 million, tried, tested Championship defensive midfield/centre back. Low risk and ready for the 42 English game season. Goal scorer with height and a physical presence. Someone who will impose themselves in the hustle and bustle of the English Championship. Would have needed to out-compete West Brom in wages but we could have done that.

It'll be interesting to compare stats for the two at the end of season. Genuinely hope I’m wrong but odds-on Ajayi putting in more appearances, tackles, headers, goals and passes for me. 

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He's not slagged off the kid.. he was talking about priorities. 8 mill is a lot when we still haven't addressed the bleedin obvious.

I'm sure the guy is really talented but the cynic in me says this is more about making money in a sell on in the future.

WE WANT A STRIKER FFS and one to put bums on seats, the belief back and lift the whole bloody place

Be honest, right now the football we play stinks the place out

BUT EVERY OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB ALSO WANT A STRIKER FFS!!!

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

BUT EVERY OTHER CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB ALSO WANT A STRIKER FFS!!!

Well there are quite a few who have strikers and striker options.. basically, we have none

Even your head coach agrees if you listen to what he says time after time.

If one doesn't arrive.. we're looking at a battle towards the drop.Not alarmist, just the facts

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well there are quite a few who have strikers and striker options.. basically, we have none

Even your head coach agrees if you listen to what he says time after time.

If one doesn't arrive.. we're looking at a battle towards the drop.Not alarmist, just the facts

THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS STILL OPEN FFS!!

The drop ??? ok fella

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

No added strikers...............:cool2:

So, do we sign another striker to stand on the halfway line isolated  trying to hold off 2-3 defenders while trying to control a ball aimed at his head. 

Or, do we sign a striker and hopefully get LJ to  tactically change the way we play, then actually play in a way where that new striker gets the opportunity to do his work farther up the pitch. If we sign a proven goal scorer the manager will have to give him the opportunity to get the ball in or around the penalty area, something that current tactics rarely allow. 

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS STILL OPEN FFS!!

The drop ??? ok fella

I know you are and have always been super loyal to the club LJ etc etc and I get that.. but be honest, what about today gave you hope cos i';m struggling honestly i am

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I know you are and have always been super loyal to the club LJ etc etc and I get that.. but be honest, what about today gave you hope cos i';m struggling honestly i am

Whilst it was disappointing to lose, we always lose against Leeds so not a game I really expected us to win. 

Leeds will once again be up there this season so losing to them shouldn't be seen as the end of the world.

In a weird kind of way I'm kind of glad we lost, imagine had we won? Whilst it would have been nice it may have seen us go with what we got already, by losing it firmly puts pressure on us to bring players in.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So, do we sign another striker to stand on the halfway line isolated  trying to hold off 2-3 defenders while trying to control a ball aimed at his head. 

Or, do we sign a striker and hopefully get LJ to  tactically change the way we play, then actually play in a way where that new striker gets the opportunity to do his work farther up the pitch. If we sign a proven goal scorer the manager will have to give him the opportunity to get the ball in or around the penalty area, something that current tactics rarely allow. 

I hope that will happen.

But after today (and the palace game) and seeing LJs failure to prepare the team properly I am a bit concerned already.

Hopefully, the next few games will alleviate that, but, even though I expected us to lose, the manner of the defeat was a shock today.

Whilst it was disappointing to lose, we always lose against Leeds so not a game I really expected us to win. 

Leeds will once again be up there this season so losing to them shouldn't be seen as the end of the world.

In a weird kind of way I'm kind of glad we lost, imagine had we won? Whilst it would have been nice it may have seen us go with what we got already, by losing it firmly puts pressure on us to bring players in.

I know what you mean

Fair play UTC , I'm just a shocking bad loser

That said, I am a bit concerned we could take our eye off the ball and be dragged in this season

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Seems to me we are a bit of a mess.

We have a weak midfield, that isolates the striker. We’ve had this problem for many a season. 

LJ keeps signing players that have little physical presence. We simply get over-run. 

No wonder he says we need five players. Can we trust him to bring in the physical presence required and then adopt a fluid system that supports the strikers as a priority?

Slightly worrying that after near ten transfer windows, we need five new players.

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I know what you mean

Fair play UTC , I'm just a shocking bad loser

That said, I am a bit concerned we could take our eye off the ball and be dragged in this season

I'll be in a bad mood for days because we lost ?

Also pissed off the 1st P&R bus turned up 7 minutes late and was in a queue at KFC for 20+ minutes. 

But despite it being a shite day I just enjoyed being back and looking forward to what we do in the transfer market in the next few days.

I'll be in a bad mood for days because we lost ?

Also pissed off the 1st P&R bus turned up 7 minutes late and was in a queue at KFC for 20+ minutes. 

But despite it being a shite day I just enjoyed being back and looking forward to what we do in the transfer market in the next few days.

Spot on

For me there was very little difference between today's 'performance' and the Palace friendly.

The team playing against us, in both games, just found it incredibly easy. We could easily have let in four or five again today.

Whatever LJ did to get the squad ready has been a complete disaster. We look like a shambolic, disorganised bunch who have no idea how they are supposed to be set up.

Weimann out wide - wasted. Diedhiou up top with no-one within 30 metres - pointless.

Eliasson and Szmodics on the bench. Two of the only players to look like they had something about them in the Palace shambles.

You can complain all you like about selling Webster but for me LJ has made a complete horlicks of pre-season and carried that on today.

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Wow. They had the better individuals, team,  tactics and manager.

As inept as we were, they were excellent. 

No idea what we did pre-season. Whatever it was, we must not do it again. Lethargic, disorganised and clueless.

An £8 million centre back should not stand off an attacker like that. Taylor-Moore should not be letting an attacker across him on the near post and the third was just a shambles. Lumping it up to an isolated Fammy is never going to work, even at a Conference level. Palmer needs to get within 5 yards of him constantly, not drift out off to the wings. Midfield went awol, totally anonymous.

Shockingly poor.

To spunk £8 million on an untried, foreign ‘one for the future’ youngster is bordering on reckless when you look how far behind we are, measured against the elite. Rather than Monaco, time would have been far better spent in Rotherham. 

What's in Rotherham? 

Just now, David Brent said:

No. I’m advocating knowledge and common sense.

Not if you’re demanding others delete their accounts - that’s saying you don’t wish to hear their views anymore - thereby banning their right to express their views and opinions, because you don’t agree with them - slippery slope ...

Archived