IGNORED

Webster sale

Vil1

2 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

So like i said before sell your best players shows no ambition no matter what the price!!!! Let webby go and we let 3 soft goals in. Lets hear you sing ljs praises now

Here we go.

Please show me the club that doesn’t sell their better players to a higher level, when the player wants to leave, for a very large fee. It’s the way the world works.

Judge the club on the reinvestment.

We were offered the highest ever amount for a championship player. In addition to that the club can’t stop him from playing in the premier league, much better to have £20 million in the bank than an unhappy player who doesn’t want to be here

6 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

So like i said before sell your best players shows no ambition no matter what the price!!!! Let webby go and we let 3 soft goals in. Lets hear you sing ljs praises now

You do appreciate that the head coach doesn't have the final say in sales don't you? If the club decides its valuation is met and the player wants to go that's it.

Even a coach of Bielsa's status has had players sold out from under him and accepted the necessity.

It's the way of the world for the majority of clubs.

1 minute ago, Vil1 said:

When you have a player tied to a contract you dont have to sell. As for lj hands being tied thats bull. You were all singing ljs praises not long back. Now your moaning. Decide what ypu you want 

You really need to get up with the times on how clubs are run these days. Did you see Pochettino's comments recently about having no power over transfers?

Still, ignorance is bliss I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

I bet you could not wait to rush on here with look at how clever I am, I told you so school kid comment.

If you were at the game, one of the few players who actually did Ok was Taylor Moore, it was the dross in front of him that was the problem, so can see no reason why that would have been any different had Webster still be there. In fact it shows the opposite, we need that money to invest in other player as we were nowhere near Leeds level.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

You do appreciate that the head coach doesn't have the final say in sales don't you? If the club decides its valuation is met and the player wants to go that's it.

Even a coach of Bielsa's status has had players sold out from under him and accepted the necessity.

It's the way of the world for the majority of clubs.

Yes but teams that are proven. Keep there best players. If we keep selling and buying crap this were we end up. We got a good player in webby then after a season sell for the money. Money grabbing dont get you promoted 

1 minute ago, Vil1 said:

Yes but teams that are proven. Keep there best players. If we keep selling and buying crap this were we end up. We got a good player in webby then after a season sell for the money. Money grabbing dont get you promoted 

And yet Leeds sold Pontus Jansson.

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I bet you could not wait to rush on here with look at how clever I am, I told you so school kid comment.

If you were at the game, one of the few players who actually did Ok was Taylor Moore, it was the dross in front of him that was the problem, so can see no reason why that would have been any different had Webster still be there. In fact it shows the opposite, we need that money to invest in other player as we were nowhere near Leeds level.

I want us to get promoted. And we would had a better chance with webster than without thats all im saying. Were average at best punching above last season

9 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

When you have a player tied to a contract you dont have to sell. As for lj hands being tied thats bull. You were all singing ljs praises not long back. Now your moaning. Decide what ypu you want 

You're right, a contract means he cannot leave without our permission. We chose to sell him. Why do you think we chose to do this and not what you say we should've done?

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

You're right, a contract means he cannot leave without our permission. We chose to sell him. Why do you think we chose to do this and not what you say we should've done?

We sold him to balance the books basically. 

10 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

Ok, so you live in a house worth 200,000, and are very happy there. A developer badly wants it to build flats on and offers you 350,000 for it, and pay your relocation costs. Are you going to say No Thanks ?

1 minute ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Ok, so you live in a house worth 200,000, and are very happy there. A developer badly wants it to build flats on and offers you 350,000 for it, and pay your relocation costs. Are you going to say No Thanks ?

Yes i would happiness means more than money

5 minutes ago, Vil1 said:

I want us to get promoted. And we would had a better chance with webster than without thats all im saying. Were average at best punching above last season

Actually if we use the money to buy a striker and a replacement, I’d argue we have a better chance than had an unsettled Webster remained.

In fact if Taylor Moore builds on a promising game today we might not even need the replacement and can strengthen elsewhere.

Looks like good business to me, if we recruit well.

1 minute ago, Vil1 said:

Ye and we should of got him. Knowing webster was off

Not a Webster type player, more of a warrior type like Flint. A bit of a cult figure.

We did not know Webster was off until we got an acceptable bid. The sort of thing that tends to happen late in the window I'm afraid, like the Maguire sale to Man U.

1 minute ago, Vil1 said:

Ye and we should of got him. Knowing webster was off

We knew clubs were interested, but only knew Webster would be off when a club offered what we wanted to justify losing him, and that wasn't until this week.

I presume you think we should have asked Leeds not to sell to Brentford because we wanted him, but could they hold on to him until we got the price we wanted for Webster, at which point we would be able to finalise a deal for Jansson?  I guess Leeds' reaction would be two words - the second of which is off!

Archived