IGNORED

Bielsa is a world class coach. Why can't BCFC appoint a world class coach

southvillekiddy

4 minutes ago, Jasper Testimitanu said:

Embarrassing comments! We’ve lost one bloody game against the best team in the league. 

Get a grip you plumb!

Apparently we did very badly against the best team in the League at home with a full house, first game of the season with everything going for us. Have you examined why this happened?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Peps CV is very very impressive. Champions League wins in Spain and Germany. The best coach around in my view.

Klopp has won the Champions League once........Klopp is good, very good but as long as Pep is around he’ll always be second best.

Pep did not win the Champs League in Germany. His overall record is pretty poor in that competition 

Your football knowledge is pretty weak.

What makes him world class? Good success with Chile and a European final with Athletic but didn’t do very well and was dismissed early from Marseille and Lille, and has often fell out with many. Last season was hardly a booming success for them either all considered. 

Roberto Di Matteo won the Champions League for some perspective, does that make him world class too if he was very average in other competitions?

8 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Touchee mon ami. Un bon reponse. Tu est un vrai genie. Tu est membre a League 1, bien sure

par le cul pas des bebes.

Equally pointless.

One game means nothing. However it is a valid point that the club strengthens on the pitch but not off.

Not saying the club should but no reason not to ponder if better might be out there.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Peps CV is very very impressive. Champions League wins in Spain and Germany. The best coach around in my view.

Klopp has won the Champions League once........Klopp is good, very good but as long as Pep is around he’ll always be second best.

That’s not what I asked. I asked if you think Klopp is world class. You said there was only one world class coach in the country.

31 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Kalas and Dasilva signed for us this summer. Webster signed for us last summer and he's just been sold for £20m and it looks like we are about to sign one of France's highest rated youngsters.

Sounds like we need a world class coach to attract decent players.

Or one with a plan B.... Or a decent plan A at least. 

Just think how good they'd be if we had a better coach

4 minutes ago, red'tili'mdead said:

Pep did not win the Champs League in Germany. His overall record is pretty poor in that competition 

Your football knowledge is pretty weak.

My error......I thought he’d won the Champs League with Bayern but his four trophies did not include that one when he won the FIFA World Coach of the year.

7 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Apparently we did very badly against the best team in the League at home with a full house, first game of the season with everything going for us. Have you examined why this happened?

There’s examination then there’s panic button cringe worthy responses to a situation that’s less than surprising. 

Do you think it’s that easy to appoint/attract such an appointment, if so you’re very naive. 

Today didn’t go to plan, it’s the first game, let’s get the inevitable signings in place and see how the team grows into the season, plenty of time. 

Remember if Bielsa is as “World Class” as you think he is he would’ve got them up at the first time of asking last season.

5 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

wrong. born and bread in Southville as my avatar proclaims you clod.

You jealous?

Patriotism is it the last refuse of the scoundrel who hast not been to the gate in a while?

Not jealous hun, seen more games than you've had anal 

1 minute ago, Jasper Testimitanu said:

There’s examination then there’s panic button cringe worthy responses to a situation that’s less than surprising. 

Do you think it’s that easy to appoint/attract such an appointment, if so you’re very naive. 

Today didn’t go to plan, it’s the first game, let’s get the inevitable signings in place and see how the team grows into the season, plenty of time. 

Remember if Bielsa is as “World Class” as you think he is he would’ve got them up at the first time of asking last season.

Did really well last season without hardly signing anybody. I'm not saying it's easy to find a brilliant coach but it;s a lot easier than it used to be. We've had one (AD) in the past 100 years. Not very good for a major city with a very rich owner is it?

3 minutes ago, Big Nose said:

Patriotism is it the last refuse of the scoundrel who hast not been to the gate in a while?

Not jealous hun, seen more games than you've had anal 

Not seen many games then have you, you delightful turd of a human being.

Seem to have got your well known phrases and sayings muddled up again old son.

3 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Or one with a plan B.... Or a decent plan A at least. 

Just think how good they'd be if we had a better coach

Totally agree, we sign player after player, we continue to sign better quality players as well, but I don’t see anything changing tactically. Big man up front, told to hold the ball up, defenders all around him and isolated. It’s been a common theme for a long time. 

Whereas Leeds showed that its far better to build the play, use the diagonal ball rather than a straight one ( which we constantly did)  then have third man runners all over the pitch. We had no answer to them today. 

Its concerning that we struggle to break down teams that come to AG and sit in, but today showed we had no answers when a team came and attacked us. 

I said in the week that I think we lack experience and know how in the dug out, today only emphasis my view. 

53 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I've done little else but think about this matter for years. We are the sixth city in England with a billionaire owner. In my opinion the quality of the coach is paramount. Quality players will sign for a Club with a world class coach. If we are genuinely ambitious for Premiership football this should be our priority IMO. Shouldn't be difficult for the people in charge to work that out.

Rather than waste millions on third rate players lets spend money on getting a world class coach like Bielsa.

I agree. Great question, and well put. The answer is simple....when the Billionaire Owner wants Premiership football he will look for the manager to achieve it.

8 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I said in the week that I think we lack experience and know how in the dug out, today only emphasis my view. 

...and I agree with you and have pondered the question @southvillekiddy poses many times during the LJ reign. He is, of course, gaining experience and I'm not unimpressed by him, but I note that in the last 4 matches I've watched us play - Wimbledon, FGR, Palace and today - we've shipped 13 goals and often looked at sea in defence..and if you asked me what tactics we were adopting I'd be hard pushed to answer.

LJ is a really lovely bloke, who is media friendly and articulate.  Unfortunately he seems to talk a better game than actually prepare and produce one?   I really believe that the next four days could nake or break his time at Bristol City.  I wish him well and hope he succeeds, but I don't think he is as good as he thinks he is?  Today was an embarrassment, even though we played probably one of the best teams in our league.   But come on LJ, you have had all summer to address tactics and coach this team, despite losing Webster being taken into account, we were a shambles.  Please prove me wrong and drill and organise a team we can be proud of.  I think you will get it right, but my belief is waning.

Archived