IGNORED

Bielsa is a world class coach. Why can't BCFC appoint a world class coach

southvillekiddy

25 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

I can tell you now, that any SAG reading this thread (and I can guarantee there will be) will be laughing their asses off!

Come on people, it’s match 1/46, and we lost to many people’s favourites to win automatic promotion.

Lets not lose out shit too early.

COYR.

Sags laughing their asses off? Because they've got a real shot of promotion this season? Or a new ground? Or a club that is geared up for Championship football? Or can spend £8 million on a defender? Or a potential £8 million on a midfielder? Or can sell £70 million worth of players over two seasons?

Blimey, how will we compete with pond life?

I think we should 'lose our shit early', we've had enough time to address the problems from last season but haven't done so. There's only one common denominator and it isn't the players.

Leeds are not my favourites for automatic promotion so to lose to them in the same manner as last season suggests that we've learnt nothing. Far worse than that though is the fact that not only have we learnt nowt but we have no idea how to nullify their game plan and counter act their game plan.

There's only one place you can lay the blame at for that.

Aren’t we the only club in the football league (or one of very few) to have improved it’s league position each year for the last 4 or 5 seasons? Surely that stat alone should be good enough to satisfy people we are going in the right direction? Steady, positive progress.

11 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Bielsa is a world class coach who has changed football tactics. Leeds are an excellent side who are probably going to be promoted automatically.

My question is why can't BCFC appoint a world class coach?

Because LJ was a cheap option and Landsdowns and Johnson familys are very friendly, and Landsdown doesn't want to pay high wages, for a more experienced manager, 

This thread is ridiculous.. 

1. Leeds are not guaranteed promotion just because they have Bielsa. He was there last year and failed to get them up.

2. Keeping the best players is not just an issue for LJ. Leeds have lost Jansson and Roofe, also Phillips is on the way out. This is just life as a championship club without parachute payments.

3. Yes LJ wants more players, but we haven't replaced Pisano, Webster, Eisa yet (granted Eisa didn't work out anyway).

I'm sure the ridiculous over reaction would be the same from most fanbases, but it really is pathetic.

11 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Touchee mon ami. Un bon reponse. Tu est un vrai genie. Tu est membre a League 1, bien sure

11 hours ago, Big Nose said:

London Tosser Tosseur

55 minutes ago, clunes said:

Aren’t we the only club in the football league (or one of very few) to have improved it’s league position each year for the last 4 or 5 seasons? Surely that stat alone should be good enough to satisfy people we are going in the right direction? Steady, positive progress.

7 years on this forum, yet still much to learn. :) 

Heading in the right direction? We could be heading into the champions league and it still wouldn't be good enough for some.

9 hours ago, Keyred said:

Sags laughing their asses off? Because they've got a real shot of promotion this season? Or a new ground? Or a club that is geared up for Championship football? Or can spend £8 million on a defender? Or a potential £8 million on a midfielder? Or can sell £70 million worth of players over two seasons?

Blimey, how will we compete with pond life?

I think we should 'lose our shit early', we've had enough time to address the problems from last season but haven't done so. There's only one common denominator and it isn't the players.

Leeds are not my favourites for automatic promotion so to lose to them in the same manner as last season suggests that we've learnt nothing. Far worse than that though is the fact that not only have we learnt nowt but we have no idea how to nullify their game plan and counter act their game plan.

There's only one place you can lay the blame at for that.

I’m telling you, this sort of post only fuels the SAGs that read this forum, they absolutely love it - and yes it deflects from their own pathetic club.

All I’m saying is we shouldn’t give ‘em the satisfaction. It’s just my opionion, like it or not.

COYR.

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

We haven't but Bristol Bears have.

Lam is a rugby equivalent of Bruce maybe - track record of achievement [and failure]?

Lam is definitely not an equivalent of Bruce.

Failiure very early in his career upwards ever since.

Bristol will be lucky to keep hold of him.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

7 years on this forum, yet still much to learn. :) 

Heading in the right direction? We could be heading into the champions league and it still wouldn't be good enough for some.

Ha. We’ll it satisfies most.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that...  

We are on the same number of points as Cardiff and Fulham and I expect them to be up there at the end of the season. 

Just now, clunes said:

Ha. We’ll it satisfies most.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that...  

We are on the same number of points as Cardiff and Fulham and I expect them to be up there at the end of the season. 

Yesterday wasn't the best of days for us, but we were given a lesson by a Leeds team that will surely be contending the promotion places come the end of the season.

Our progress over recent seasons has been good, albeit steadier than many fans would want, however, just at the moment it seems that, for whatever reason, our pre-season preparation wasn't as good as it could have been. Whether it was the distraction of Webster's transfer, or the trip to the States I don't know but their seems to have been a feeling of lethargy/sloppiness in the last 3 games, which LJ needs to shake out of the players pretty quickly if we are to maintain our season on season improvement..

7 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

This thread is ridiculous.. 

1. Leeds are not guaranteed promotion just because they have Bielsa. He was there last year and failed to get them up.

2. Keeping the best players is not just an issue for LJ. Leeds have lost Jansson and Roofe, also Phillips is on the way out. This is just life as a championship club without parachute payments.

3. Yes LJ wants more players, but we haven't replaced Pisano, Webster, Eisa yet (granted Eisa didn't work out anyway).

I'm sure the ridiculous over reaction would be the same from most fanbases, but it really is pathetic.

1. Bielsa just missed out on promotion in his first season at Leeds United last season without making any notable signings.

2. It was a whole lot easier for Reid, Flint and Bryan to decide their future wasn't at BCFC after Ashton's statement in the Christmas transfer window. This after the players had knackered themselves getting us up the League and into contention.

3. In my view getting more players isn't as important as getting a top notch Manager who knows what to do with them, as Bielsa proved yesterday. Johnson has signed 52 players since february 2016. Any thoughts on that one?

It's only a ridiculous statement if you are happy with the relatively poor performance of BCFC for decades and also don't believe that BCFC should be in the Premiership

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

Such an easy question to answer.........Steve only employs yes men!

Here, here. Many fans on OTIB will just not admit this. It means that his patronage is our biggest obstacle. (Please don't someone say "Look at what he has done for BCFC" until you have thought seriously about the different sort of price BCFC has paid for having him as our owner) 

If those people are happy just having a football Club to support, ticking over as a yo-yo Championship member that's okay but please spare a thought for those of us who want City to be at the highest level and don't deserve vehement criticism for having these ambitions for our Club.

19 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Bielsa is a world class coach who has changed football tactics. Leeds are an excellent side who are probably going to be promoted automatically.

What do you class as the attributes to call someone a "world class coach"?

Who are the "world class coaches" you believe we should be hiring?

9 minutes ago, grifty said:

What do you class as the attributes to call someone a "world class coach"?

Who are the "world class coaches" you believe we should be hiring?

Well it seems that we should be looking in South America and France, Spain, Italy and Germany from the successes men from these places have had abroad and now in England.

I hope you agree that BCFC deserves the best - men whose knowledge, skills and experience is regrettably currently well ahead of the best UK managers. It has to be acknowledged that our Football Association is still far behind those of other nations as our tournament record shows.

19 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

This maybe a good time to use this north of the river quote ……  

"These things take time''   !!!! 

( who knows, maybe he's already here,  'one for the figure'  ? )

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Well it seems that we should be looking in South America and France, Spain, Italy and Germany from the successes men from these places have had abroad and now in England.

I hope you agree that BCFC deserves the best - men whose knowledge, skills and experience is regrettably currently well ahead of the best UK managers. It has to be acknowledged that our Football Association is still far behind those of other nations as our tournament record shows.

You've been asked to name these coaches and you can't do it, can you?

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

You've been asked to name these coaches and you can't do it, can you?

pendantic. Read my reply on where to look. Could start with people who have won a major league or competition or managed a national team abroad. Could also ask the CEOs at Liverpool, Man City, Tottenham and Chelsea how they do it?? Not hard really is it? You just have to have the ambition and will. Eh! What's that!

7 hours ago, hail gus cesaer said:

So world class he got them promoted last season.. oh wait!! ?

He's a bit of a "nearly man" but a very high calibre one! He nearly won Athletic Bilbao 2 trophies eg, he nearly got Marseille into CL, he nearly got Leeds back into PL at first attempt!

Tbh 15th to 3rd with not all that many additions is pretty bloody good...OTOH could be argued that Leeds 15th place was quite a fail!

I also get the impression he's quite difficult to work with!

Someone mentioned Leeds selling players. Their owner is either skint, asset rich but cash tight, or worried about an upcoming legal battle along with a former busineas partner by Hong Kong ex partners/investors.

Essentially if true, means Leeds need to be as self-financing as possible!

11 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Expect most world-class coaches are already in charge of world-class teams, or soon will be. 

In theory that makes perfect sense yet...

Put another way big clubs have big coaches right? To name a few:

Man Utd- Solskjaer

Chelsea- Lampard

Barcelona- Valverde

Bayern- Kovac

Maybe there are just a distinct lack of world class sides about but these are far from world class coaches. Recruitment patterns seem to have changed, quite interesting to see?

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In theory that makes perfect sense yet...

Put another way big clubs have big coaches right? To name a few:

Man Utd- Solskjaer

Chelsea- Lampard

Barcelona- Valverde

Bayern- Kovac

Maybe there are just a distinct lack of world class sides about but these are far from world class coaches. Recruitment patterns seem to have changed, quite interesting to see?

Those four coaches all played for those respective clubs, to be fair. So that's a pattern, for sure.

My point is that we won't tend to attract world-class people because we are nowhere near world class. That's not to say we don't aspire to be, mind.  

8 hours ago, downendcity said:

Yesterday wasn't the best of days for us, but we were given a lesson by a Leeds team that will surely be contending the promotion places come the end of the season.

Our progress over recent seasons has been good, albeit steadier than many fans would want, however, just at the moment it seems that, for whatever reason, our pre-season preparation wasn't as good as it could have been. Whether it was the distraction of Webster's transfer, or the trip to the States I don't know but their seems to have been a feeling of lethargy/sloppiness in the last 3 games, which LJ needs to shake out of the players pretty quickly if we are to maintain our season on season improvement..

Agree with the second paragraph.

This first paragraph begs the question how have Leeds managed to do it so relatively quickly.

4 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

So actually you just want us to hire a foreign manager?

Archived