So true

13 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

So you say you need 5 players

Remember this is your team and your call

You selected the team today

You will have to chose your players before Friday this week

You have had all summer to do this

OH, forgot you all went for a nice holiday to America

So if we have indeed had clubs in contact for Webster most of the summer and you know its going to take around £20m upfront for him to leave, we spent Lloyd's money on the Chelsea loanees so we're at the point of being back to our £13m loss per season so can't spend too much more before Webster's money so therefore had to wait for him to be sold before moving again.

21 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

So you say you need 5 players

Remember this is your team and your call

You selected the team today

You will have to chose your players before Friday this week

You have had all summer to do this

OH, forgot you all went for a nice holiday to America

And here he is, think that's the full house now.

What took you so long?

It was incredibly clueless today from LJ. It's so strange because sometimes he can get it so right.

But at home we have been awful for a long time. We can't pass the ball. 

It really was a strange one today. I couldn’t fathom how we were allowing Fam to be so isolated. The long balls up to him and him hoping to knock it down to someone like Palmer coming in from deep. It seems such a useless tactic that I honestly thought the players weren’t doing what they had been told pre match. I didn’t think we’d set up like that with Fam as history tells us (particularly at home) that it doesn’t work. I was fully expecting to see an early change maybe even at half time as LJ looked to make the point that he wasn’t happy. When the changes didn’t come I can only assume it’s because that was how he’s set us up and that was how he wanted us to play! 

The other big worry for me today was how we just couldn’t cope with the Leeds press, clearly factoring in the long ball we felt that by hitting it up top early we’d catch Leeds out of position as they’d be pressing us and we could create chances. When that doesn’t work then you have to trust your ability on the ball and quick passing, to say a lot of our players were found out would be an understatement. 

Today is on LJ for me, wrong shape, wrong players and he’s falling back into that habit of looking at the opposition players and giving them to much respect. Clearly didn’t think our wide men would hurt the Leeds full backs. Picking COD tucked in was ridiculous to be fair. 

Not the start we all wanted, see you all for the next one though !!

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

It was incredibly clueless today from LJ. It's so strange because sometimes he can get it so right.

But at home we have been awful for a long time. We can't pass the ball. 

Hes had the habit of starting the wrong team since he joined tbh. 

Ive lost count of the number of games where LJ has had to resolve to the same players (Eliasson specifically) to change the game. Its my single biggest major gripe about him as a manager.

10 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Hes had the habit of starting the wrong team since he joined tbh. 

Ive lost count of the number of games where LJ has had to resolve to the same players (Eliasson specifically) to change the game. Its my single biggest major gripe about him as a manager.

Brilliantly put. He isn't brave enough on selection and set ups. How many games are we chasing at home, waiting for the right subs to come on. 

3 minutes ago, Magicseason said:

Brilliantly put. He isn't brave enough on selection and set ups. How many games are we chasing at home, waiting for the right subs to come on. 

Exactly....he set up for us not to lose but we played so badly that we created nothing, were outplayed and let goals in.

Our two most exciting and inform players....Eliason and Szmodics were not picked coz Lee had no faith in thier abilities which is shocking. 

Lee makes some dreadful decisions but is so loved by the powers that be and many fans that we are stuck with a really average manager.

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Exactly....he set up for us not to lose but we played so badly that we created nothing, were outplayed and let goals in.

Our two most exciting and inform players....Eliason and Szmodics were not picked coz Lee had no faith in thier abilities which is shocking. 

Lee makes some dreadful decisions but is so loved by the powers that be and many fans that we are stuck with a really average manager.

Ok I'm going out on a limb here but I don't believe that LJ can not be in the playoff spots come December without losing his job.

If we don't perform better than last season then I reckon SL will finally pull the trigger (I know I would). If we're upgrading the playing staff in order to mount a serious promotion challenge then I don't believe for a minute that SL will allow that to slip away due to LJ, DH and Macca.

If you keep on pushing for more players as LJ is apparently doing then there has to come a reckoning.

LJ is skating on thin ice. I think he'll fall in.

Question: If we had Bielsa in charge with the current squad, let alone new signings, would we be more likely or less likely to get promotion? Any positive answer to that should show where the problem actually is.

Archived