Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

We are told that we are pushing for premier league football. The aim is to make the playoffs and improve year on year.

Lets make one thing very clear, we will not be in the playoffs come May if Marlon Pack is captain undroppable.

LJ, if this new signing comes through....let's have a midfield that is dynamic, creative, hard working, with some degree of pace.....qualities Pack lacks.

Sorry to be negative but it's time to upgrade. 

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lez said:

We are told that we are pushing for premier league football. The aim is to make the playoffs and improve year on year.

Lets make one thing very clear, we will not be in the playoffs come May if Marlon Pack is captain undroppable.

LJ, if this new signing comes through....let's have a midfield that is dynamic, creative, hard working, with some degree of pace.....qualities Pack lacks.

Sorry to be negative but it's time to upgrade. 

Cannot argue he was poor today. What was your opinion of his midfield partner? COYR 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

Cannot argue he was poor today. What was your opinion of his midfield partner? COYR 

Thought Brownhill was poor. But he has more credit in the locker as well as being more dynamic footballer. A holding 451 role isn't for Brownhill imo.

Edited by Lez
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lez said:

Thought Brownhill was poor. But he has more credit in the locker. 

Really, think he gets away with it for me. Game passes him by to much. There is a player in there, but it has to come to the fore sooner rather than later. Not sure what he does, doesn’t score particularly regular, although takes most free kicks in shooting positions, doesn’t noticeably have a lot of assists, not dominant in strength way. Covers a lot of ground I will give him that. Just think he needs to show more. That’s the thing I like about Pack, doesn’t go hiding whether he is playing well or not. COYR 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pack is and will be a key squad member. 

The lack of movement in front of him, and the fact that he is doing the defensive work of 2 when not paired with korey is evident to see. 

Brownhill goes missing, doesn’t effect the game and gets away scot free with it whilst poor old Marlon (who I admit wasn’t great today, and was flogged toward the end of last season) is there to be the DFM, and initiate the midfield press. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pack made 1 major error today which led to a near goal - 1st half when he gave it away when we were on the attack. 

That aside, we didn’t see much of the ball so didn’t see much of Marlon. However, I’ll bet you find he attempted more forward passes than anyone else. 

I’d like to ask, for all those who give Pack a knock today, can you please tell me what contribution Brownhill gave to this game? 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Pack is and will be a key squad member. 

The lack of movement in front of him, and the fact that he is doing the defensive work of 2 when not paired with korey is evident to see. 

Brownhill goes missing, doesn’t effect the game and gets away scot free with it whilst poor old Marlon (who I admit wasn’t great today, and was flogged toward the end of last season) is there to be the DFM, and initiate the midfield press. 

 

You been drinking too much natch. Pack isnt in the slightest a key squad member. Im pretty confident he wont even be in the team come january but unfortunately thats still too late

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harry said:

Pack made 1 major error today which led to a near goal - 1st half when he gave it away when we were on the attack. 

That aside, we didn’t see much of the ball so didn’t see much of Marlon. However, I’ll bet you find he attempted more forward passes than anyone else. 

I’d like to ask, for all those who give Pack a knock today, can you please tell me what contribution Brownhill gave to this game? 

Brownhill has nothing to do with how sh*te pack is. Its why we still havent gone up. Pack and dave

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Brownhill does get away with it as negative comments tend to land on packs table, some times justly some times not. 

Pack's basically turned into Cole Skuse, a solid if not basic footballer who best days are behind him.

Couldn't agree more. I really can't work out why people always slate Marlon yet Josh seems to get a free ride. Apart from his shot today I can't honestly remember what else he did in the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Brownhill has nothing to do with how sh*te pack is. Its why we still havent gone up. Pack and dave

You think midfield doesn’t work best with partnerships? 

As I said, Pack made 1 error today. The rest of the game he made, or at least attempted, to make decent contributions. 

Brownhill today turned us into a 10 man team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CityCiderEd said:

Couldn't agree more. I really can't work out why people always slate Marlon yet Josh seems to get a free ride. Apart from his shot today I can't honestly remember what else he did in the game.

I suppose the difference is Brownhill has been consistently one of our best players for a long period of time. He is dynamic a work horse and a goal threat....

Both pack and Brownhill were poor today....but Brownhill is a top championship player imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lez said:

I suppose the difference is Brownhill has been consistently one of our best players for a long period of time. He is dynamic a work horse and a goal threat....

Both pack and Brownhill were poor today....but Brownhill is a top championship player imo.

Just about today mate,Josh was invisible for most of the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Pack is a very intelligent footballer - at the start of last season, when Weimann was our striker, Pack was threading through superb passes to him as Weimann could read his thoughts (eg Weimann’s goal at Bolton) - when Fammy came back in that all stopped, Fammy just doesn’t have the awareness and movement that Weimann possesses. So with Fammy up front, Pack is looking ineffective because our striker just doesn’t read his intentions ...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lez said:

I suppose the difference is Brownhill has been consistently one of our best players for a long period of time. He is dynamic a work horse and a goal threat....

Both pack and Brownhill were poor today....but Brownhill is a top championship player imo.

I don't think Brownhill is a goal threat. His goalscoring record doesn't suggest that he is. He's consistently one of our most hard-working players, in my book, but that's about as far as it goes. Top championship players influence games. He rarely does.

Personally, I wouldn't be disappointed if both Pack and Brownhill moved on.

Edited by Red7
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red7 said:

I don't think Brownhill is a goal threat. His goalscoring record doesn't suggest that he is. He's consistently one of our most hard-working players, in my book, but that's about as far as it goes. Top championship players influence games. He rarely does.

I disagree completely.

Edited by Lez
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lez said:

I suppose the difference is Brownhill has been consistently one of our best players for a long period of time. He is dynamic a work horse and a goal threat....

Both pack and Brownhill were poor today....but Brownhill is a top championship player imo.

Err.... Brownhill has been half-decent for about a season and a half. Pack has been one of our most consistent players for 6 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think Pack is a very intelligent footballer - at the start of last season, when Weimann was our striker, Pack was threading through superb passes to him as Weimann could read his thoughts (eg Weimann’s goal at Bolton) - when Fammy came back in that all stopped, Fammy just doesn’t have the awareness and movement that Weimann possesses. So with Fammy up front, Pack is looking ineffective because our striker just doesn’t read his intentions ...

There's a fair few players who's game suffers due to having Diedhiou up front. We have lots of busy, fast, neat players who play best when there's quick one touch football. When it's played into his feet he either not fast enough or his touch loses the ball. The difference in play today when he went off was noticeable big time 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Err.... Brownhill has been half-decent for about a season and a half. Pack has been one of our most consistent players for 6 years. 

Based on your posts you clearly are quite protective. It's fine. We will have to agree to disagree. I come from the perspective that as we develop and push for the premiership we must improve....with pack unfortunately being near the top of the list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think Pack is a very intelligent footballer - at the start of last season, when Weimann was our striker, Pack was threading through superb passes to him as Weimann could read his thoughts (eg Weimann’s goal at Bolton) - when Fammy came back in that all stopped, Fammy just doesn’t have the awareness and movement that Weimann possesses. So with Fammy up front, Pack is looking ineffective because our striker just doesn’t read his intentions ...

Today's game proved exactly what you are saying. When AW went into the middle we looked much more dangerous but by then the game was over.I feel a bit sorry for Fam in that he comes back for every free kick and corner and usually wins the header but then we rarely have an out ball.What really amazes me is that he is so good at defensive headers but not so good winning them up the other end.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Based on your posts you clearly are quite protective. It's fine. We will have to agree to disagree. I come from the perspective that as we develop and push for the premiership we must improve....with pack unfortunately being near the top of the list.

I 100% agree that pushing for prem we ought to probably improve on most of our 1st team, not just Pack. But I find it laughable that you can say Brownhill has been more consistent over a number of years than Pack. 1.5 years vs 6. It’s just a made up excuse to slag off one and not the other (worse) one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

I 100% agree that pushing for prem we ought to probably improve on most of our 1st team, not just Pack. But I find it laughable that you can say Brownhill has been more consistent over a number of years than Pack. 1.5 years vs 6. It’s just a made up excuse to slag off one and not the other (worse) one. 

Well I think he has been more consistent and is a far better player than Pack. I dont think the number of years is relevant, I would argue the impact they have is more important. Pack has a role to play at the club, but not the undroppable player he seems to be. Excellent league 1 player maybe.

Edited by Lez
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Brownhill has nothing to do with how sh*te pack is. Its why we still havent gone up. Pack and dave

****! Off!

You're an absolute nause. You have never posted anything positive about City. 115 posts of undermining and bitching.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...